South Park: Series 10 Premiere *spoilers*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chef returns! And then dies. I thought the whole episode was a great rebuttal at Scientology and Isaac Hayes (voice of Chef), as a counter to Hayes leaving after being insulted by the Scientology episode; 'Trapped in the Closet'.

Leaving a show for religious discrimination is fair and well, but a show that provides equal discrimination by insulting everybody is retarded. Of what i've seen, South Park's had a jab at Jews, Christians, Mormans and Muslims, not to mention all the black/asian/indian ethnicities, but as soon as Hayes own 'religion' falls under the spotlight he gets offended? Madness.

Still, I thought alluding the Church of Scientology to the 'Super Adventure Club' (and then having them turn out to be a bunch of brain washing paedophiles) was well done, as was Chef's patched together voice. Although now Tom Cruise has refused to promote Mission Impossible III because Paramount is corporately related to Comedy Central though Viacom because of his portrayal in 'Trapped in the Closet'. To which Matt Stone and Trey Parker responded with:

"So, Scientology, you may have won THIS battle, but the million-year war for earth has just begun! Temporarily anozinizing our episode will NOT stop us from keeping Thetans forever trapped in your pitiful man-bodies. Curses and drat! You have obstructed us for now, but your feeble bid to save humanity will fail! Hail Xenu!!!"
It's interesting when the South Park world and the real world come together like this, really brightens up my day.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IMO they should of kept chef & got a new voice actor (Just give him a medical condition or something to expalin the different voice), but what is done is done.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trey Parker and Matt Stone, as strange as they are, are sort of social geniuses in a way.

There is an actual quote from L. Ron Hubbard from a while back, before Dianetics was written, I forget when it was, but he actually once said "I should make up a religion" or something to that effect.

It's still stupid. Tom Cruise is just using his position to try and get South Park in deep **** over his anger at the show's creators for their jokes. What the hell did he expect--Paramount to step in and say "No, Comedy Central, you can't air this episode" ? I mean seriously...

...and if ever there was a religion that needed to be humanized by mockery, it's scientology. Those guys take themselves WAY too seriously for such a young religion. Christians, catholics, jews, muslims...they have had countless wars, they founded their very social and political beliefs on the religious ideas of their rich and historic pasts. Scientology is 20 years old and has had none of the baptism by fire that other world religions have had over the years. Hubbard's only real clientele are the rich hollywood eccentric nutjobs anyway.

I hope Tom Cruise cries when Scary Movie 4 comes out. They made him look like a total choad in that, too. Heh. Kind of sad, really--I like Tom Cruise, as an actor and a human being. But anyone who would buy that load of hot rhino crap has just got to be some kind of stupid.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
(looks like im not the only one who watches G4)

That episode was hilarious. The end sucked, of course, because the best character in the show died.... But now he can come back as darth cheif, so that kinda is a way for him to have a new voice and still be in the show. Kinda funny how when a character majorly changes in the show, that sticks in the rest of the episodes (with the exception of kenny). Like mister garretson becoming a women, classic and he/she is still a women, btw, that sex change episode was sick as ****, but funny.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That Kenny thing is actually explained, his mother just gives birth to a new Kenny once the old one's died and calls it Kenny. The most convienient plot device ever.

I agree with you Pride, Parker and Stone are much smarter than they get credit for (or than they act). 'Trapped in the Closet' was a great jab at Scientology and the celebrities who publicly milk it for the publicity (ditto Kabbalah). Adding the element of Cruise's (and John Travolta's/R. Kelly's - more celebrities who've publicly embraced Scientology) debatable sexuality was hillarious. For the record, Cruise did actually get that episode pulled from TV (albeit after it had already aired in the US - Europe won't see it...on TV) which is what the quote in my last post was referring to.

If anything, there's more in this premiere that Scientologists should be offended by than the Scientology episode itself. The idea that they have clients rather than believers, which they then brainwash was a lot stronger than just stating 'What Scientologists Actually Believe' (apparently true) and saying it's not a real religion. They didn't even need to include the paedophillic aspect to it. Everything fell into place perfectly, can't wait to see if there's a scientological backlash against this episode too.

Oh and the guy who voiced Darth Chef was Peter Serafinowicz, the actor who played and voiced Darth Maul =P

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, Parker and Stone's response is just priceless.

But it surprises me that Isaac Hayes would do something so childish. They make fun of the most controversial thing on South Park, then they poke fun at this bogus-sounding religion and he quits the show...

But I also read (wikipedia) that Hayes did not personally say he was going to quit but someone had said it for him.

The first Scientology episode was great, though I do enjoy R.Kelly's Trapped in the Closet videos, but he isn't a scientologist (thank god). Ashame Tom Cruise and John Travolta are, I mean the larger relgions preach some crazy stuff, but the sci-fi believes of Scientology is hard to fathom.

The newer one was just hilarious. I noticed the awkwardness of Chef's lines quickly and knew hey were splicing old clips together, which made it even more funny. The Super Adventure Club-Scientology allegory was just great, and I believe the bridge scene from from the new King Kong movie. And I think Kyle summed up what Stone and Parker felt about Hayes' decision.

Though, I hope Hayes reconsiders, because it's gonna be weird without him/chef being a "bad guy" (that is, if they really continue his role as Darth Chef). But am I the only one that felt Chef's death scene was a liiiiittle disturbing?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't know there even WAS a religion called Scientology until reading this thread. Weird...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
am I the only one that felt Chef's death scene was a liiiiittle disturbing?
I'm with you there, i'd go so far as to say it's the most disturbing South Park death sequence i've seen (so far). Being burned, beaten on rocks, impaled, shot, having his face torn off by a cougar while a bear eats his legs...oh yeah, and then crapping himself. Looks like Parker and Stone took Hayes' absence to heart...

Chakra-X said:
But I also read (wikipedia) that Hayes did not personally say he was going to quit but someone had said it for him.
I read that too in a different article, perhaps the Church of Scientology was pulling strings from the shadows. I can't imagine them being too happy with him being associated with the show that publicly poked fun at them.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, out of curiousity, are they just going to have a Darth Chef from now on (That'd be kind of weird o_O) or will they just leave him out of the series all together?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That episode was hillarious.

"Guys, maybe Chef isn't dead! I heard the last thing you do before you die is crap your pants!"
*Chef's corpse explosively craps itself, ala the Walmart episode*
"Nevermind."

SaiyanPrideXIX said:
There is an actual quote from L. Ron Hubbard from a while back, before Dianetics was written, I forget when it was, but he actually once said "I should make up a religion" or something to that effect.
L. Ron Hubbard said:
You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_controversy

Hail Xenu!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am very offended by this topic. I thought it said in the AUP that no discussion of any types of religion was not allowed, and now you go against your own words? Good job everyone!

I figured that everyone here might be more mature in what they did, but I guess I was wrong. I am deeply hurt by everyone's actions. I feel betrayed.

Being an actual scientologist, I am very very offended by what Matt and Trey have done. This is literally the same as Christian's saying god hates ***s and other related things. Please remove this topic from the boards and never discuss this again.

Man, I can't keep a straight face. That whole thing was a joke. Scientologist are HUGE douche bag's. Believing in something so fictional is like me believing in Harry Potter.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh guys try to knock it off with the attacks on scientology. I'm not a big fan of it either, nor a fan of Tom Cruise period, but let people believe what they want to believe.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry but there's no respect in people believing that the souls of Aliens are living on inside of us and that the real god is named Xenu.

This isn't a religion. it's a cult. And people are just that ****ing stupid enough to believe it.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you have to comment on the religion? You're going to get this thread closed.

Best answers
Being quite possibly the biggest South Park fan on these forums (haven't missed the airing of a new episode on its original air date in over 4 years) I'm going to throw my two cents in.

I loved the ending with Kyle's speech, it totally expressed how I felt about Hayes' leaving, much less Matt and Trey's. The two are among the great social geniuses today. Each show points fun at the society of the world in a funny, yet eye opening fashion.

A good ep to start off the season, though I wish they would throw in some more light humor episodes like Fatt butt and pancake head or Run with weapons, a style which I feel is more like the older episodes. I miss the banter of Cartman and Kyle

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I'm gonna make love to ya woman..
Lay you down by the fire..

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
Sorry but there's no respect in people believing that the souls of Aliens are living on inside of us and that the real god is named Xenu.

This isn't a religion. it's a cult. And people are just that ****ing stupid enough to believe it.
Regardless of what you think of it, it was asked of everyone to not bash on scientology.

Warning :warning: for ignoring an adimin.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[align=center]THIS IS WHAT SUPER ADVENTURE CLUB ACTUALLY BELIEVES[/align]

Pretty funny episode. Especially Chef at the strip club.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CM said:
[align=center]THIS IS WHAT SUPER ADVENTURE CLUB ACTUALLY BELIEVES[/align]

Pretty funny episode. Especially Chef at the strip club.
aha yeah, that was hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom