Source Engine Features

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it will rock. Hopefully I'll have a new computer by then, and have the cabability to play with these things. I find it exciting that I'll be around for a new era of video games. I was around when Half-Life came out, but I never played it till mid 2000, and I never knew much about the SDK stuff till 2001 or so, then my computer when to the crap so I had no chance to play with it, and get to know. Now I'll be around to see Half-Life 2 develop, and hopefully be apart of that.

Just a slight hope I have of HL2.

Best answers
HL-2 is definatly going to kickass, despite what the whiners are crying about.
I hear there will be a tool to convert almost anything to the Source engine. If that IS the case, than could'nt almost anyone with a little skill convert things like ESF, or NS to Source with ease (if not all than parts)? (that comment has nothing to do with the DEVELOPEMENT of ESF on the Source engine.)

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What are they whining about?

And someone should make a mod called Half-Life, and make Half-Life on the HL2 engine.

Best answers
Valve already did that, my friend checked it out on the Source engine. The only thing it changed was all of the water, and the model physics, but it did let you use the gravgun :O

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've seen screenshots of a port of HL to the Source engine. I'm not sure if it was Valve that did it, or someone that obtained the engine illegally, but it looked pretty cool. It was basically the HL1 singleplayer with pixel shaders, better lighting, and when you'd shoot the crossbow at somebody it'd pin them to a wall. ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
glomp, ive been running over combine soldiers for the last month on the beta leak, its buggy, but its gave me a taste for hl2 and the happyness that it actually works on my pc.. and of course, gravgun.. *glues a row of barrels to the front of buggy and pushes against it and ducks, making it spring back and kill a pair of scientists* gravgun=the best fun in the gaming world, the zero point gun sucks compared to the shlompyness ;O

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds good, but is it the full game, or just a little bit of the game?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:O
I knew it was shijing behind the source code leak all along!
<a href="http://www.filebunker.net/a/thumbnails.php?album=35">Here</a>'s the image gallery. Most of the differences are in the physics, which can't be shown too well in pictures. The crossbow pinups are on the second page.
I don't know how well HL2 is going to run on my PC. I know it'll run, but it probably won't run very well... but I'll be damned if I still don't buy it anyway. ^_^
I'm hoping they make HL1 completely open source after HL2 is released, so mod authors can make their HL1 mods standalone. That'd rawk.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ya but with the new graphics and such in HL 2, someone should do a complete remake of the original half-life. Nobody will, but it would be so rad.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-[ZeniSlev]- said:
ya but with the new graphics and such in HL 2, someone should do a complete remake of the original half-life. Nobody will, but it would be so rad.
im sure someone will

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya, it would make them really popular, well the people doing the mod. If it was good enough, I wouldn't be surprised if Valve registered it like CS and DoD. It would have to be good, and very accurate.

The possibilities though. If I could do it, I would.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can bet money on the fact that someone will do it. Heh, if the team's good enough, I might see what I could do.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half-Life: Source will be available when Half-Life 2 ships. And So Will Counter-Strike: Source. In fact CS: Source will be included with Half-Life 2.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Valve redid HL on the Source engine? I heard about CS: Source, but not HL: Source.
That's even better. :D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i cant wait to get my hands on the source so i can kick my mod into high gear

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sure it does. It is all related to the source engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom