Sound Help :cry:

Best answers
Can anyone out there help me.

My problem is that during I am playing ESF spams come up. When this happens i close them then when i get back to my game there are no sound effects only music. Can anyone help me and tell me how i cansort out my problem.
I already know if i restart it then it will come back but that means i lose my power level. :cry: If anyone knows another way to sort out this problem then please tell me, also could someone give me a spam killer program that i could use. Thnx

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
go to you'r esf directory. then to MP3. then delete the file PLAYLIST.TXT to remove the music in the game. i hope it works for you

\Half-Life\esf\mp3\ <-- if you dont know where.

Best answers
I don't want to get rid of the music i just want to be able to hear the sound effects and everything after those spam pop ups come on.
Mabye if i put the playlist into a plugin for winamp it would be alright. Does anyone no any plugins for winamp that work on ESF?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
spam pop-ups? what do you mean?

Best answers
Press ctrl+alt+del
and then right click on the esf application and choose "bring to front"

Best answers
Skyrider, you really should read his post..it doesn't seem like you have.

Dibbs, that problem is one I have too. It's not a problem with ESF, but a problem with Half-life. It wasn't designed to be "alt-tabbed" out of. So basically, don't have pop ups.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
i readed the it carefully bihal. dont worry about that. i just thought it whas caused cuz the music.. can you show me a picture?

Best answers
go back to the game the game and press esc.
it will bring u to online game menu.
in there press ctrl+alt+delete.
and go to half-life or counter-strike in the applications menu.
click switch to.
it will bring the game back up and then close the taskmanager.
and click resume and sound will come back.
p.s. me wuv skyrider long tyme

Best answers
uh..it's sound related you see, so a picture wouldnt show much. But if you'd like to do it for yourself, simply start a hlaf life game, and then alt tab to your desktop, or some other program. Return to half life, and about 95% of the time, your sound will no longer work. You'll be able to play the game, but without sound.

Best answers
Thanks for helping me out guys. This has become a real problem to me and i hope the solutions work. Thanks

Best answers
Hey Dibbs there is a more reliale way. Not many people know this but about half the time holding alt and hitting tab doesn't work. But the most reliable way is to just hold ctrl and hit esc.
*Legend
*esc=escape
*ctrl=control

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you join into any game through the console you won't lose sound when alt-tabbed.

If you do get alt-tabbed and lose sound then hit CTRL+ALT+DEL, select ESF, and clikc on "Switch to"
Or if you're not using XP, just double click on ESF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom