[Sorry] EVM, eSF, and ECX AMX Plugins

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sorry to have to ask this.
Been a long time general ESF player and have enjoyed ECX and EVM as well.
Right now I have the base ESF 1.2 install going + the last released EVM and big pack.
I've been playing around with trying to just increase the old power level by default or on the fly before I setup a dedicated server for my friends for some lan games.
Trying to read up on compatability, etc and have just run into some issues and have some general questions.

First off, is it or is it not possible to use scripts like the power level changer with EVM? Some posts say yes, others say no, there doesn't appear to be anything clear cut.
What does ECX do vs EVM? I'm still really confused on that...

I've seen some people mentioning that upgrading their AMX installation to the 1.8 (I believe) release works for amx plugins with EVM and such but EVM no longer loads.
I understand this isn't the EVM forum (it's down) but was hoping someone could point me along with some right info?

If EVM isn't going to work with the AMX plugins, I'm happy to go back to just plain old ESF (and maybe ECX)?

Perhaps this isn't the right place to ask, but are the general features (power charge boost, SSJ3/4 etc) available as plugin outside of EVM?

Sorry for the probably stupid questions. I did search, but not finding the specific answers I'm looking for.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm afraid this isn't an EVM or EVM forum. You'll have to contact those behind the projects to get proper answers to this. That, or pray to the mighty Dokugregga.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its possible with Both EVM and ECX. But for ECX you need a different PL pluggin than the regular one. No idea which one goes round the ECX "anti cheat" pluggin XD

EVM adds transformations to characters and specials they can use.

ECX adds transformations to characters and adds more characters to use (31 if you install RC2) with the possibility to add more characters (the big pack is an example, but remember this only works with ECX RC2)

Upgrading AMXX dissables EVM because you overwrite pluggins.ini with the upgrade. People smart enough to figure that out just manually re add the EVM pluggin to the upgraded AMXX and it works just fine along with all pluggins that require AMXX 1.8

All EVM and ECX pluggins are closed source due to a special deal the developers made with the AMXX developers. So they are not available anywhere else unless you plan to recreate them from scratch.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Cool, thanks for clearing that up!
Thus far, I reinstalled ESF, then ECX + big pack et voila...the pl script for one works and it's a whole new experience, very fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom