Soo.... Russia and Georgia.

Best answers
When Croatia decided to illegally separate from Yugoslavia, Croatia made sure, along with Germany and the US, that the 30% of Croatia, who were, in fact, SERBIANS, didn't have the right to go to back to Serbia. What can I say? Life's a *****...

Unfair and illegal **** happens all the time from NATO countries... now you cry about Georgia not having it fair... welcome to my world.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How am I crying about Georgia having it unfair? I'm saying both sides are completely in the wrong.

Best answers
Nixanthros said:
How am I crying about Georgia having it unfair?
Oh **** that, Russia doesn't let anything slide. They act, overreact, and then go 12 levels beyond that to completely obliterate whoever has wronged them as long as they're not warring against the US or NATO nations.

And hell, the only reason there are Russian "civilians" in Southern Ossetia is because Russia decided, "Hey, let's just grant these dudes citizenship." That'd be like Canada granting all of Michigan citizenship. It's ****ed up, and the only reason to do that is to assimilate that country/state on the down low. It's a huge ****slap in the face to Georgia.

They sent in hundreds of tanks and apc's, bombed Georgian airfields and what have you. They're not keeping the peace. They're waging war and making sure Georgia doesn't have a shot at forcing South Ossetia to remain part of their "Union" or whatever you'd like to call it.
Well it looked like it, sorry if I got it wrong. :p

EDIT: Prozac here seems to get the big picture xD

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah... because Iran is fully capable of holding an invasion of the US coastline, and there's no way at all that we would be able to stop them. :rolleyes:

Again... just throwing it out there lol
Enjoy that mentality while you can, because the direction the world is headed in does not favor you.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol:laff:
That's exactly what will happen to Georgia!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ Andy: That's me pointing out how this was, in reality, Russia's long term plan. Georgia made the mistake of throwing NATO and the US into their short term equation, which severely ****ed everything up for them. You don't plan for battles as an optimist. You have to plan with the pessimism of...I don't know, a Zeonix.

Best answers
lol, very true. I agree with you 100%. Zeonix = pessimism :D

Nah jk :p. Seriously though, you're absolutely right, Georgia assumed too much. The cartoon Prozac posted (not to be cruel, but hillarious btw!) symbolizes just that.

I mean if the US and NATO countries jump in, it's World War III... I know I don't want that. Hell, I know nobody wants that, not Georgia, Bush or Putin.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man, I feel so bad for Medvedev. Dude's the President and everyone is still talking about Putin. Granted, Putin has taken the Cheney route of ruling nations, but Medvedev is over in Russia, trying to prove he isn't inexperienced or weak by taking out Georgia and all we hear is, "Putin is not pleased." Although, to be fair, I've been reading about how Cheney feels about Russia's counter offensive, rather than how Bush feels.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No andy, it will not be WW3.

G
Oh **** that, Russia doesn't let anything slide. They act, overreact, and then go 12 levels beyond that to completely obliterate whoever has wronged them as long as they're not warring against the US or NATO nations.
It's worth pointing out here that Georgia has at this point killed far, far more people than Russia has.. Despite most biast news channels only reporting the Russian bombings.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's worth pointing out here that Georgia has at this point killed far, far more people than Russia has.. Despite most biast news channels only reporting the Russian bombings.
I wasn't talking about the Georgia offensive when I said that.

Best answers
I'm not saying it necessarilly WILL be WW3, but if the US jumps in, that involves all the US allies. And then it will involve all the Russian allies. Meaning almost the entire WORLD will be at WAR. Meaning it would be a World War... the 3rd one.

It's highly unlikely for that to happen though, if that's what you meant.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Although, to be fair, I've been reading about how Cheney feels about Russia's counter offensive, rather than how Bush feels.
That's because Bush is hitting on the US women softball team and checking out the asses of the US women volleyball team.

I'm not saying it necessarilly WILL be WW3, but if the US jumps in, that involves all the US allies. And then it will involve all the Russian allies. Meaning almost the entire WORLD will be at WAR. Meaning it would be a World War... the 3rd one.
US has allies? Lol.

Best answers
Enjoy that mentality while you can, because the direction the world is headed in does not favor you.
Do you think im ****ing stupid?

Im not oblivious to whats going on in the world... I try to keep tabs as much as possible, the only reason why i didn't know what was going on in Georgia was because i was camping while it all happened.

Everyone knows that the US isn't very popular with the rest of the world anymore. You have to be a mother ****ing hermit to not know whats going on. But we're the world's premier superpower for a reason.

Iran is incapable of pulling off a successful invasion of the US homeland, if you say otherwise, then you need to seriously rethink how the military works.

It would be highly likely for a third world war to erupt if the US, NATO, and Russia started fighting. Thats pretty much assumed. I don't see why you see otherwise.

Again, common sense.

Best answers
they don't just react; they overreact and then go way past that level
Let's review, shall we? Cuba is in sanction right now, meaning it's been putting up with 30 to 40 years of poberty, low technology, etc etc etc. Why? Because Cuba was hosting a Russian millitary base, that's why! This is their punishment for that.

Now, Georgia has a millitary NATO base under construction, in Tbilisija, the city Russia is heading for as we speak.

Get my point? Who's overreacting the most here? Who's been overreacting ever since the Berlin wall fell? Who's been pushing the entire world around all this time? Sorry Zeo, but facts are facts. Your government.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well at least cuba has great medical care :p

Anyway, A dutch cameraman died in Georgia, that's a shame really :(
randomly bombed while driving in a vehicle by Russian forces

makes you wonder what Russians are targeting exactly

Best answers
I feel sorry for the guy, but very oftenly journalists and cameramen are life-endangered in a war; these are things that happen almost all the time.

I'm still convinced millitary targets are what the Russians aim for here, because I haven't heard of any considerable ammount of civillian casualties so far.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They have been randomly attacking civilian targets actually.

Russia has been fighting very weird anyway, they are using low flying slow planes who constantly get shot down.
and instead of going for the anti aircraft site, they let their ground units do it.
they are using rather old, heavy, slow moving tanks for that, so they are losing units big time.

( can't remember the name of the main tank they are using in Georgia right now >.> )
anyway, I don't know if they just don't have better equipment or if they are just throwing away soldiers lives.
but whatever it is, they don't care about causalities

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom