Something thats been bothering me.

Best answers
Excuse me for ranting a little, but Ive been thinking.

We are all well-familiar with several shoot-outs at school, and other horrible acts done by teenagers.

We are also well-familiar with parents accusing music, video games, and tv for these crimes.

Now honestly... what the hell? What ever happened to just being plain crazy; wrong in the head; missing a screw. Alright, I admit what we listen too or see in movies or something may affect how we view certain things, but they deff. dont make us go out on a killing spree. Besides, other countries see the same movies and listen to the same music and play the same games as we do in the US, yet no other countries have an many incidents with these kind of stuff as much as the US does.

It just pisses me off how parents do a bad job of raising their child, get too scared to realize it was their own fault, and so blame other crap. Just take care of your children, god dammit.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well thats just because all of the U.S. and everyone inhabitting it is insane :devgrin:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or maybe because when they went back to the shooters house they saw gta on pause

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone wants a scapegoat, and music and video games are an easy target. God forbid parents take responsibility for not keeping an eye on their children while they build bombs in their garage....

Best answers
it is stupid to blame video games and or movies since children that have certain "issues" are the only ones that will ask for the reset button after they blow up or kill everyone in the school.....

Best answers
Parents can be very lazy and very stupid, so they say nothing while everything is aparently going well even when it so obviously isnt. Once things colapse and the kids do **** like that they always blame any source of violence that has been reaching their kid. That is pretty normal. But they are too blind to think further and see the real reason of why things happen.
Also I think that the US society is a very demanding one in a way and people can't always "keep up" with it and get over stressed in the process. This and alot of other factors pushes people to be like that and wanna do crazy stuff.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IsrAlien said:

We are all well-familiar with several shoot-outs at school, and other horrible acts done by teenagers.

We are also well-familiar with parents accusing music, video games, and tv for these crimes.

Now honestly... what the hell? What ever happened to just being plain crazy; wrong in the head; missing a screw. Alright, I admit what we listen too or see in movies or something may affect how we view certain things, but they deff. dont make us go out on a killing spree. Besides, other countries see the same movies and listen to the same music and play the same games as we do in the US, yet no other countries have an many incidents with these kind of stuff as much as the US does.

It just pisses me off how parents do a bad job of raising their child, get too scared to realize it was their own fault, and so blame other crap. Just take care of your children, god dammit.
You know the best part of Columbine was? The parents said that the Sunday before at like 2 AM, they heard drilling and glass breaking in their garage and ignored it. When they went into one of the kid's bedrooms the next day to investigate, they actually found tons of guns--including a shotgun just lying across a table--just lying around the room, along with all kinds of ammo, and even books on explosives.

But the parents had "no idea" they were planning this at all. ****ty ****ing parents, man. Didn't they notice their kids were test firing ASSAULT WEAPONS IN THE YARD?!

And we get ****ed cause one of those ****s said, "It's gonna be just like ****in' DOOM and ****."

Dumb sons of *****es. Blaming the media for violence is the worst assumption ever...lots of other places have the same or worse media with less censorship and aren't NEARLY as violent.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
More and more I question the amount of emotional neglect we're realizing is the cause of many situations. Parents can't wait till their kids are 16, so they can give them a car and get them out of their hair.

A child is a product of a parents enfluences... or lack there of. Columbine is a product of parents accepting the societal barriers their kids built up,"hoping" their kids will naturally bring out the best in themself, instead of "pursuing" it and molding it.

"Oh he's 15.. he's completely capabable of anything."

Capable is a promise, the result of a brain pattern suggesting being capable of. Parents have to be constant reminders, a place for the child to reflect on what he/she has experienced, and the voice of reason that pulls them away from harm and ignorance. But, with parents finding better "entertainment" in just throwing their kids infront of the television and then turn around get mad at them for not doing this or doing that, when they never helped their child realize the right or wrong.

This could enfluence the kid to seek the path, also known as life, on their own, making it a subconscious action. But, sometimes a kid doesn't pick up on that vibe... and will tumble down more stairs of consequence and repercussion.

If you plan to have a kid, treat him/her as a gift to society... make him/her something you could never be... something people would respect you for putting actual effort into.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nicely said Hwo, and it's like Opti said, there will always be a scapegoat. No one likes to take responsibility, regardless of how serious it is. I'm sure deep down most people know that Media really has little or nothing to do with it, becuase I really can't imagine somoene blaming a box that projects images before themselves.

Best answers
to think parents could blame entertainment for these actions. they should not blame it because they hav had a lot more time in life to relize this. there misplasin there judgement and its not fair!!!! there stupid maybe if they grew up with this kind of stuff they wouldnt blame it. f@#$%^& retards...................

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, Phat, I see your point, but at the same time the uneducated masses are eating it up. We as a group--gamers--now have this perpetual label on us.

Best answers
IsrAlien said:

It's a good thing this pisses you off; that means you are most likely not to let your kids grow up to be worthless human beings and actually hold yourself responsible for thier actions BEFORE they do something horrible. Focus on that anger and hold onto it, let it make you a better parent to your children.

SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Yeah, Phat, I see your point, but at the same time the uneducated masses are eating it up. We as a group--gamers--now have this perpetual label on us.
Actually, it's the games themselves, not the gamers that get the majority of the bad rep. The only real label gamers have is the eternal virgin/athletic abstinence deal, which is mostly untrue. Mostly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok has anyone even considdered the fact that you can legally hold a gun in almost all of america? which means that underage kids can get hold of them easyer too.

also, there was a doccumentary shown here about americas attitude towards guns, and one gun store owner said "ill never shoot anyone to kill them" then five minutes later when Ross Kemp (the guy doing the doccumentary) asked what would happen if someone tried to take the mans gun he said "well that would be the last thing he ever did"

part of the reason there are so many shootings is cos theres so many ****ing guns! sort it out people!!!!

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Well, america is filled with a bunch of rednecks. And it doesn't help that the automatic weapon ban is now lifted.. >_> Every redneck's gun is treated like his penis. And they love to use it.

>_>

Trust me, There's a trailer park down teh street from me, these guys love to just sit on their porch, eat a steak, and threaten to shoot you with some hick terms and stuff.

Best answers
id really like to see how most of you guys cope as parents... obviously its an easy taget to blame, they just get stressed and find the quickest way out of the blame. But im fairly sure some of you guys will struggle with kids....

-SaN

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah but I'll actually try to pay attention to my kids before they start firing automatic weapons into crowds.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Yeah but I'll actually try to pay attention to my kids before they start firing automatic weapons into crowds.
Amen, I blame the parenting.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
People are always trying to find scapegoat to explain something.

I blame it on the parents, if you look at the world today, most parents all they do is work, work and work, while neglecting their children (and seriously they will probably say something like "But we give him/her everything he/she wants" ofcourse a child will be happy with a new toy, but giving the child attention and love is more important then a stupid new toy or something similar)

And if their child does something horrible like shooting up people or something in that general direction (I think it's more an act for attention instead of just being "crazy", I mean nobody wakes up one day and decides to shoot up their school, there's gotta be a reason as to why they do what they do), they will easily blame it on Multimedia (TV, Gaming, Radio, Internet etc.), instead of facing the truth that they simply neglected their child, never giving them attention and love.

Anyway, I am just saying, don't blame it all on multimedia, ofcourse it might be a trigger for their acts, but it is not the source of the problem.

(You can arrest a drug dealer ( but the drugs will still hit the street) but it won't stop the problem)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's always a bandaid and some wipes to clear off the tears without actually figuring out what went wrong.

I've played D&D when I was young. I've had a room full of "suicide music" heavy metal. I've played increasingly gory Video Games. I remember watching Friday the 13th part 3 with my parents, my mother near by to cover my eyes when the boobies came on screen.

Not once have I lost myself in the media.

If we have people exposed to all of these things that consistently turn out normal at an equal or greater rate then it stands to reason that these things are NOT mind corrupting, they are simply triggers for the already corrupted mind.

Why does their mind rot?

I look around at how people parent these days and I'm appalled. Time outs? WTF?!? If I had done any of those things, I could fully expect one warning, then a noogie or a whupping. If I was grounded, my video games, tv and radio were taken away, or I was banned from leaving the yard for a whole year. The end result? I never caused much trouble. It's not about positive motivations, they barely work, and negative motivation alone doesn't work well either. You need to do both, but everyone goes off listening to their favorite jackass child psychologist. In reality, Dr. Lip****z son will be just as foobared as the son he suggests you raise.

All about bandaids . . .

Now it's practically illegal to hit your own kid. They can call child services on you and have you arrested for sparing not the rod.

This world is in serious trouble because a whole generation was raised on limp wrists and lack of parental involvement. (No offence intended, becasue I know that means alot of you guys.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom