something new...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG :O j00 am teh sexeh!!!! *wubs*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks really cool Ray.. My only question is why do the Helmet and Body armor differ so much? They looked like completely different metals...

My real crit though is the body is fairly good, I could call that complete. But the metal seems really lacking, it's really plain without any real highlights, metal always has exteme highlights at one point or another. Try to place with the edges and even battle damage.

Looking great so far, can't wait to see your final.

Best answers
i dont like the look of the metal, it needs to have more of a reflective looks to it, yours almost looks like it could be concrete, besdies for that tho i have nothing to say

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think ill be using shaders to get the shiney effect in game :)

Best answers
regardless of shaders it should still look more like metal on the skinl, most of the work should be done by the skinner

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I agree on the metal detailing, it looks like you kinda started to give up towards the end. But other then that this piece turned out MUCH better then i expected, nice work on it Ray. Maybe you should make some kick ass poses for him to present it a bit better ;).

Best answers
it looks like you kinda started to give up towards the end
Well tbh that is kinda true, al try and give it a better look, no promises tho.

Maybe you should make some kick ass poses
I would love to pose the pred but the truth is I cant do them. Ive tried but failed horribly. I dont know how to make a pose really, if its just moving vertices around then i suck at it :( Guess i need to practice at that more and read up about it on the net.

i dont like the look of the metal
Ive not had much experience with skinning metal, ive only been 3d stuff for just over 2 month and all ive practiced is human stuff. So ive started to model some weapons to hopefully improve my metal techniqes.

And another thing is im back at uni soon so even less time on skinning and modeling.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well eclipse, its my model ray just skinned it (very well). ive got it pretty much assigned now, got some help with the hair, but other than that its ready to go. if ray can email me the skin cos im at work, ill pose him tonight!

Best answers
You should make the metal more like this one.

Best answers
now thats what metal should look like, i and think that you should darken up the skin after seeing this

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you know...theres a reason your not supposed to post other peoples work in someones thread. and the reason is it makes people feel pretty low... not that im not having a hard enough time at the moment, but then you post that and now i feel like my modeling skills arent so good. and im sure ray will feel the same about his skinning...

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
you know...theres a reason your not supposed to post other peoples work in someones thread. and the reason is it makes people feel pretty low... not that im not having a hard enough time at the moment, but then you post that and now i feel like my modeling skills arent so good. and im sure ray will feel the same about his skinning...
I know exactly how you feel...I had those moments b4 :(

anyway the skin is realy cool but something fell in2 my eye when I saw the horible quality on the hair
can u try to fix that Ray?

Best answers
Don't feel bad, your modelling is still very good

I just think the Pred needs to be made buffer some. I remember he had a sufficient size advantage when up against Arnold, and it was a helluva alot more noticeable when he fought that black guy. (I forget the actors name)

The model always looked a bit skinny to me when I passed through this topic before I just didn't think it was that big a deal.

Anyway the skinning only needs to be made darker/grittier, with some minor details in the metal, can't be that hard.

If you guys do plan on editting it some, can't wait to see the next version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom