something im working on....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

wewt....

just practicing my texturing :) the skulls are a very early wip. the helmet is almost done, as is the cape fur.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh yeah, also bear in mind this is likely going to go into dawn of war, where the skulls and stuff probably wont even be seen :(

that makes me a sad panda :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mhh ya way to much detail for such a puny view :p Using ps?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes im using photoshop (im assuming thats what you asked?). and DoW is actually pretty good for detail, you can zoom riiiiiight in. so having detail on things like this (it will be the chaos lord) is ok i think.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm dude,
can you post a render without 100% lummination?

because skinns are good but as in the last sephiorot thread of you the render of broli looked better then ur 100% lummination render.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lovely, just tone the colours to more of the big lads. more bronze than gold, darken the cloak to about snakebite leather tone, and finally, wouldnt hurt to have sharper edges on the plate, my model actually has red edge highlights on the plate instead of the standard steel range, might work wonders on your model too, looks lubblah so far though ;0

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah im thinking of the black w/ red trim, as its a very very very secksy looking scheme for the lord of the end times!

triforce, i will show without illumination when ive finnished the specular mapping. otherwise, right now it just looks kinda pewp. and 100% self iluminated is the best way to see the true tone of the textures on the model before it goes in-game (DoW uses something like 75% self illumination).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DUDE! TEH ARCHAEON!!!

TIS THE BEAUTIFUL!! YUSESS!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks good >_< just the transitioning from teh textures is a lil abrubt.. but i think u already kno that

how about makin the yellow of the helmet more brown? just to match the color tones of the fur and horns, coz those color tones are a lil more mellow than the brightness of the yellow on the helmet

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mind if I do a drawover? :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sure, just remember that im limited by my texturing ability >_>

also, remember that the model is based on a warhammer character, and those are usually painted with very contrasting colours. and on top of that, cos most of the time you wont be zoomed in on the character, contrast is good, cos itll still look detailed from a distance.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
drawova :

Sorry i couldn't help more, i got lazy and didn't do the other skull :p. Hope it helps, i love this model ^_^.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i remember using that mail texture on some old models for a half life mod XD
i know the lord of end times did have it to that length in a minature, but since your having to keep it reletivly low poly, its not gonna look that great, it wouldnt hurt to pull that mail up to about knee hight, to save this bit of ugly cardboard mail bobbing about and covering up the legs XD

also, buff dem leggies up! he was a real fatty for someone swinging the slayer of kings about so much D:

i hope to see that alternate theme reskin soon ;0

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what do you suggest for that btw? the description of morcar's armour, is that its pitch black and trimmed with the blood of man. so maybe i shouldnt skin any detail on, and leave it completely black, with a red trim. then just give it a nice specular value so that the in game lighting can take care of the details?

oh and the mail itself i found on turbosquid, but i textured on all the rust myself D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lookin good gir, Looks like a warhammer char to me.

I have a couple of crits though, if your looking for them.

-Change the mail texture it sets the whole model off because it wasn't created by you and the style is very different. It the first thing that caught my eye because it really stuck out.

-Details, details, details. I know this is for warhammer, but you practicing your texturing. It would look tons better if you added more detail to the armor, its very base looking right now. The gold parts look very nice and shiny but the black metal dosent really have any details. Try adding battle damage and some more outlining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom