Some updates about the game?

Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Wow, first thread asking about game progression that actually get's straight up answers. Thanks devs!
Really appreciate the info. Even if it means little to nothing.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Black Mesa has been worked on since HL:S's release. They released their mod recently. Why not do a 1.4 Beta with all current bugs and what not as a preview so we understand what exactly is wrong with the game as of now. If work force is a problem, openly ask for help in reddit or other game development forums.
Because it's almost guaranteed people unaware that it's bug-riddled will complain about the bugs/features/lack thereof.

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
What are your thoughts on kickstarter, guys?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I would imagine that they have the same policy for kickstarter as they do donations, in that they can't make any money from ESF.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would imagine that they have the same policy for kickstarter as they do donations, in that they can't make any money from ESF.
That is correct!

Best answers
Because it's almost guaranteed people unaware that it's bug-riddled will complain about the bugs/features/lack thereof.
if that is the case then you can have a first page that say s that the game has alot of bug and so...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if that is the case then you can have a first page that say s that the game has alot of bug and so...
We tried that.

Didnt work.

We had it in the installer, on the main page, on the download page, in the forum in the readme and even on the games main menu at one point.

People still only complained about bugs and not much else. And i dont see it being any different now. Especially since the game is a lot less stable than it used to be with FPS drops due to unfinished/unoptimized shader systems and so on.

Best answers
We tried that.

Didnt work.

We had it in the installer, on the main page, on the download page, in the forum in the readme and even on the games main menu at one point.

People still only complained about bugs and not much else. And i dont see it being any different now. Especially since the game is a lot less stable than it used to be with FPS drops due to unfinished/unoptimized shader systems and so on.
ok i understand, but why would you even care if they complain?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because there were ONLY complaints. Having an open beta means that you're turning your community into beta testers. But none of them wanted to do that. They just wanted to play the game, but the game was unfinished and therefore terrible so they told us that over and over without any hint of helpful criticism.

Best answers
Because there were ONLY complaints. Having an open beta means that you're turning your community into beta testers. But none of them wanted to do that. They just wanted to play the game, but the game was unfinished and therefore terrible so they told us that over and over without any hint of helpful criticism.
ok I see, but if the people didnt help you when they played, there will not be any difference if they didnt play the game right? So even if you realese the game and many people complain there should be a couple of people who actually helped, and i am pretty syre i will be one of them!

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok I see, but if the people didnt help you when they played, there will not be any difference if they didnt play the game right? So even if you realese the game and many people complain there should be a couple of people who actually helped, and i am pretty syre i will be one of them!
how exactly do you plan on helping ? We're always looking for help, to fix the bugs we have etc. what kind of bugs can u help fixing :) ?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes those 6 were offered official beta tester positions once the whole thing was done and over.

Best answers
I played ESF 1.2.3 for a while and didn't really find a lot of bugs, people have shown me shit that I don't think I would have found otherwise:

-generic beam circles around the pillars in Cell Games (I think everyone knows this).
-while in advanced melee if you press something like down, down-forward, forward, back+punch as the first series of key strokes as fast as you can, it's virtually unavoidable even if you press that series successfully I've seen it hit anyways.
-I've seen people telespam and simple melee someone right after throwing them. Piggy backing on that you can skipping a person across the ground like a rock skips over water, but you can follow up up with a simple melee if you're aim is really good.
-I heard of one a long time ago that if you're Frieza and you throw a Disc then go into spectator that i'll follow whomever you spectate. I'm not sure if that's true or if i just made that up... lol

takes a special kind of person to find bugs I think, I feel many people want to be beta testers for the sake of playing Final and that's about it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I played ESF 1.2.3 for a while and didn't really find a lot of bugs, people have shown me shit that I don't think I would have found otherwise:

-generic beam circles around the pillars in Cell Games (I think everyone knows this).
-while in advanced melee if you press something like down, down-forward, forward, back+punch as the first series of key strokes as fast as you can, it's virtually unavoidable even if you press that series successfully I've seen it hit anyways.
-I've seen people telespam and simple melee someone right after throwing them. Piggy backing on that you can skipping a person across the ground like a rock skips over water, but you can follow up up with a simple melee if you're aim is really good.
-I heard of one a long time ago that if you're Frieza and you throw a Disc then go into spectator that i'll follow whomever you spectate. I'm not sure if that's true or if i just made that up... lol

takes a special kind of person to find bugs I think, I feel many people want to be beta testers for the sake of playing Final and that's about it.
There are also bugs that make you invoulnurable to KI attacks except for Kiblobs and melee, there is a bug that lets you have moves of different characters (like Vegeta having Gokus moveset and so on), there is a bug to teleport inside some, allowing you to constantly hit them with simple melee and they cant run from oyu, cause your character is glued to theirs and the list goes on.

The generic beam thing isnt a bug, its there because of the way beams work. The advanced melee combo is the result of ping, and can be avoided if you know its comming (it was known as advanced speed in the past), hitting someone with a teleport after advanced melee or throw isnt really a bug either, but a skill, allthough there is a bug that allows you to hit someone the moment you throw him.

The rollhit isnt a bug, but an exploit that sadly went unnoticed, and is produced because of the system that allows for multiple hits when bouncing someone of the terrain (thats also not a bug), but that feature gave rise to the rollhit and ceeling hit exploits.

There is a bug that allows you to instantly stop rolling on the groud, and the list goes on.

There are also a few server crash bugs you can cause with console commands and so on.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't mean to be rude, since I don't blame you, but you don't want to test the game. You just want to play the final. We have people all the time desperately begging for an open beta so that they can "test the game and help the developers". Meaning that they want to play it once, find out how far along it is, and then disappear.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
^

Afraid that's an issue with a lot of people :(.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
^

Afraid that's an issue with a lot of people :(.
It's the community in a nutshell. It'd be cool if sometime prior to release, they chose a few pros to "play test" it at a competitive level, so they can iron out whatever issues are left in the form of exploits, gameplay tweaks, etc. But the hardcore members of the ingame community are the only ones I'd trust to actually, you know, test.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's the community in a nutshell. It'd be cool if sometime prior to release, they chose a few pros to "play test" it at a competitive level, so they can iron out whatever issues are left in the form of exploits, gameplay tweaks, etc. But the hardcore members of the ingame community are the only ones I'd trust to actually, you know, test.
We will most likely do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom