Some possible improvements..

Whaddaya think?

• Yeah!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cool, if changed a lil' here and there..

• Sure you are the slightest bit sentient? NO WAY!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Best answers
Here are some things i thought up the other day..

- SSJ mode

How about going SSJ working as follows:
It would work the same, only now when you would transform when you don't have the PL neccecary to go perfect SSJ, being in SSJ mode would slowly drain your energy (ENERGY/KI, not Powerlevel). The closer you get to the PL required for a perfect transform, the slower your energy gets drained. When you reach Perfect it wouldn't drain energy at all. (perhaps some of the PL requirements would have to be adjusted)

EDIT: To be perfectly clear, you would still have to have a certain amount of PL to go SSJ in the first place, perfect or not.

I think this would make more sense, seeing that in the show the chars get exhausted when they've only just reached SSJ level.
(Remember Goku when he is training with Gohan in the Room of time and spirit in the cell saga: "Now stay SSJ until your body gets used to it.")

It would also balance things more for chars with permanent transformations, who have to wait longer for their transformation.

Also, when transforming when perfect as it is now, you get to a point where you instantly are SSJ/change shape. I think that really looks lame, for instance, when Freeza gets a high enough PL his model will just instantly change from form 1 to form 2, without any effects.. o_O
:notice: I think it would look far better (shouldn't be difficult to do/lag the server) if the moment of changing models would be hidden by a flash, or a burst of energy or something. Like one of the orbs of energy Goku pushes outwards when first going SSJ, only so dense that you can't see through em at the moment the model is changed.

- Dodge

How about being able to dodge, sorta like UT style by double tapping a direction key? Right now i think it's kinda lame that all you can do to quickly evade is teleport.
I mean, in the show they don't zap around each other at lightspeed right from the beginning either now do they? :S
It could work as follows:

By double tapping a direction key, you would do a dodge (with a fitting animation) in that direction. To prevent abuse as seen in UT, you could only dodge three (optional) times in a row ~IF~ you time it right.
Each dodge would consume a lil' energy.
Dodging would be possible in the air AND on the ground.
Teleporting would be possible right from the beginning, but at a very high energy cost. (To prevent what i stated above.)
The higher your PL would get, the less energy teleporting would cost. (Same goes for dodging.)
When reaching a new level (SSJ, second form, whatever) teleporting would instantly get alot cheaper etc, etc.

I think this would put more gameplay into ESF, (quite much when it comes to melee) instead of just teleporting around ALL the time.. :laff:

- Special abilities

I agree with the fact that all characters in ESF should be balanced, even though in the show one would be allmighty compared to the other.
But that doesn't mean all chars should be the same when it comes to their unique abilities, and thus fighting style.

I think that all chars should have their own unique abilities, like Goku gets the ability to warp when charging a beam, it would be a lot more fun if every (or at least MORE) char gets a certain special ability when they reach a certain lvl.

I haven't really thought about what these would be, but i noticed that almost everybody on the forums thinks about attacks when it comes to new options in the game. So ~no~ i am not suggesting a special moves meter or something again.(wich btw seems to get suggested every other day around here.. :rolleyes: )
Just hope that people will start thinking about this..

- Some small things

~When reaching a new lvl, make the saijns more muscular/have them have more bulk. Right now all that really changes is their hair color. o_O
Really cool would be if that happened when they reached perfect.
(Though it would then require 3 models, too much work perhaps?)

~Make beams look different!! Make them look different, rough outline, different shape of the head of the beam, flashing lights, whatever..
Right now they all look the same apart from the color. :no:

~Make it possible to steer ~a little~ when beamjumping.
Being able to adjust the way you are going a little would be nice..

~Make it possible to keep flying the way you were punched at when you recover from flying from a punch. (Has been suggested before i believe, just bringing it into attention again.)
That way you could turn around and charge a beam while still flying, and shoot your enemy who is prolly in pursuit at that moment.
If implemented, doing this should require some skill to prevent spamming this move. :\

EDIT:
~Give Piccolo a regeneration move..
It would work like this:
Since piccolo doesn't regenerate like Buu (slowly pulling his body back in one piece) he would have to charge this ability.
After charging it (during wich you can't move, and wich has to be FULLY charged) you would instantly heal 35 hitpoints. (both the hp gained and the time required to charge are optional.)
This would be quite realistic when compared to the show.
(Piccolo distracting first form cell when his arm is shot of, to gain time to regen.)

That's all for now, if you know something else, have a comment etc etc, feel free to post..

Best answers
well holy crap, that was alot of suggesting, but heres my feedback

I kinda like the ssj idea, but i dont really see them changing the system much, it doesnt work too bad right now so why fix whats not really broken.

The bit about the model switch has been suggested a bunch and i totally agree, but i dunno if theyll do anything about it.

The teleport does good enough, why spend time on a move so similair to teleport when they could spend time on new chars and trans or a new melee sys?

There will be new moves and abilities added as stuff goes on, but yeah, i def think the characters could use some unique special moves to add a bit more diversity

If you want a more bulky model, just download one, theres a bunch of diff models.

and thats all i gotta say, some not too shabby ideas though imho

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are some good suggestions here. The dodge i like the most, becuase as useful as teleporting is, sometimes i don't want to dodge as far as it puts me, and a dodge would be extremely useful.

I also agree with the model changing suggestion. Just a small flash or sphere of energy to hide the blatent model change.

Advanced melee is already being worked on so the special abilites might already be added. (same goes with dodge, they might add something of the sort).

Eh, i don't like the bulky idea, most transformations didn't add bulk to their actual bodies. For saiyans they were usually just emmitiing power and their hair would change. In certain, more dramatic parts, they would bulk up a little, but that wasn't too often. Allthough i don't know if it's possible on the Half-Life engine, i think it would be great during transformations, for their hair to be phasing in and out yellow/gold. I think it's already been mentioned but still would enhance the presentation of a transformations.

Im sure that most of this will look great when the mod is completely finished. Good suggestions.

Best answers
Phatslugga said:
Eh, i don't like the bulky idea, most transformations didn't add bulk to their actual bodies. For saiyans they were usually just emmitiing power and their hair would change. In certain, more dramatic parts, they would bulk up a little, but that wasn't too often.
Well, i'm not saying that they should get USS-like bulky, just saying that a little bit more muscle would be welcome.. :D

Cheeto101 said:
I kinda like the ssj idea, but i dont really see them changing the system much, it doesnt work too bad right now so why fix whats not really broken.

The teleport does good enough, why spend time on a move so similair to teleport when they could spend time on new chars and trans or a new melee sys?
Well, i think they should change it to that cause it would add to the realism of the show, and thus the entire DBZ feeling most of us play the game for.. :)

And the same goes for the dodge move..
Though i don't entirely agree with you that it would basically be the same as teleport. Dodging would make melee fights more interesting, skillfull and more realistic. Just pressing the teleport button and instantly being out of the way of a blast/punch just seems to simple minded to me. I'd like to see the teleport costs hightened early on in the match, and actually having to fight like on the show.. :yes:
(Not saying that you can't be skillfull with teleport..)

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, i'm only going to comment on the dodging.

I believe that the teleport should go farther than it currently does, but definately up the cost of it.

Then teleporting would be useful to get out of big blast radii, and dodging would be more useful for just getting away from the beam instead of its explosion.

with the current melee being revamped for the next version, i don't know how the dodge would go good with that. perhaps it is going to be included in the advanced melee?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sentient said:
- Dodge
How about being able to dodge, sorta like UT style by double tapping a direction key? Right now i think it's kinda lame that all you can do to quickly evade is teleport.
I mean, in the show they don't zap around each other at lightspeed right from the beginning either now do they? :S
It could work as follows: blah blah blah blah
dodging in ESF is useless
it's hard to hit anyone directly .. then you press right mouse and the beam explodes ... or you aim at anyone who's near a wall and shoot with a deattached beam ... now tell me what dodge makes ??? let the player dodge as much as 2 teleports ??? that's what you need against a big explosion ... dodging pointless
less cost for teleport when transformed ... are you crazy ??? you can teleport 13 times in transformed state !!! you've got double ki when you're transformed ... the current kicost it best

Sentient said:
- Special abilities
I agree with the fact that all characters in ESF should be balanced, even though in the show one would be allmighty compared to the other. But that doesn't mean all chars should be the same when it comes to their unique abilities, and thus fighting style.

I think that all chars should have their own unique abilities [...] It would be a lot more fun if every (or at least MORE) char gets a certain special ability when they reach a certain lvl.

I haven't really thought about what these would be, but i noticed that almost everybody on the forums thinks about attacks when it comes to new options in the game. So ~no~ i am not suggesting a special moves meter or something again.
often suggested before !!! browse this section ... but all useless ... suicide attacks are lame ... most of them get new attacks ... these are special abilities ... everyone (only Cell, but he has enough attacks) has an attack noone else has !!!
just suggest attacks which aren't lame

Sentient said:
- Some small things
~When reaching a new lvl, make the saijns more muscular/have them have more bulk. Right now all that really changes is their hair color. Really cool would be if that happened when they reached perfect. (Though it would then require 3 models, too much work perhaps?)
yes .. you are right ... maybe it would look cooler ... but first it isn't "real" ... and second it yould cause too much to work ... you would have to model and skin every char 3 times again

Sentient said:
~Make beams look different!! Make them look different, rough outline, different shape of the head of the beam, flashing lights, whatever..
Right now they all look the same apart from the color. :no:
look different ... do they look different in DBZ ??? not really .... flashing lights would cause lags and would need more performance (less fps) ... and this is a mod from the Half-Life engine !!!

Sentient said:
~Make it possible to steer ~a little~ when beamjumping. Being able to adjust the way you are going a little would be nice..
learn howto Beamjump ... then post again
you get pushed away by a straight line from the beams head to your hands ... you can effect the direction you get pushed in ... but not anymore if you started
look DBZ .. it only happend with the KHH in DB (not sure) ... they used it as a buster ... and they couldn't effect the direction

Sentient said:
~Give Piccolo a regeneration move..
It would work like this:
Since piccolo doesn't regenerate like Buu (slowly pulling his body back in one piece) he would have to charge this ability.
After charging it (during wich you can't move, and wich has to be FULLY charged) you would instantly heal 35 hitpoints. (both the hp gained and the time required to charge are optional.)
This would be quite realistic when compared to the show.
(Piccolo distracting first form cell when his arm is shot of, to gain time to regen.)
damn it ... browse this section ... it's suggested hundred times before
Piccolo can't regenerate like Buu ... he can only regenerate several body pieces ... if he regenerated one he was STILL damaged ... not healed ... Buu could control his whole "body" ... Piccolo just pieces of his body (like arms and legs)

Best answers
@ Nretep :

1. Dodge for use in melee,you'd teleport for dodging an explosion..
clearly stated in my post.
Therefore your remark is kinda obsolete. :S
~read~

As i suggested as regarding too teleporting, the costs should first be heightened alot, then the stronger you get, the cheaper it gets..
In other words, the energy requirements would be adjusted..
Again.. ~read~

2. Who is talking about suicide ~attacks~??
And ~attacks~ that aren't lame..?

I was saying that most people (you proving my point), think in terms of attacks when it comes to adding new stuff. I want more special abilities..
Again.. ~read~

3. Like i said, perhaps that would be too much work. If you just add more muscles to SSJ, the models needed would remain 2.
And no.. of course a computergame isn't real, but if it looks more like the show, it's more DBZ, and that's why most people play this game..
This was mereley a suggestion..
Thnx for mentioning it's not real though.. might have slipped my mind otherwise.. :rolleyes:

Again.. ~read~ (repetetive isn't it? :tired: )

4. Yeah actually beams do look different in the show. They don't all EXACTLY look alike.. the (for example) edges look different, right now they are exactly the same, only a color difference..
And ~keep~ the things (x crossed sprites or something?) they use for beams now, just change shape, the tip, whatever a lil. Beams look different and lag shouldn't be worse or less don't you agree..? :S

5. I know how to beamjump, if you had read my post you would have noticed that i ment AFTER you start beamjumping, most of the time that's when you ~adjust~ something. When you've already started doing it.
Again.. ~read~ (dun worry, almost there.. ;) )

About the "it not being in the show like that":
Lots of things are (often with very good reasons) adjusted for this game for the sake of gameplay.
Krillin kicking Cell, Piccolo's multiple homing ki balls thingie (also only used once in the show as far as i know), etc etc.
Seems to me that changing the direction of your hands while firing the beam would at least make you change the direction a lil' bit right..?

6. I typed whole story about the point that Piccolo doesn't regenerate like Buu! It's right there in your quote..
The reason this should work differently according to me is because of that! And about being damaged, yeah he can't regen everything, but his arm looked nice and fresh when he spawned a new one.. (at least as far as i remember) and like said before, the game is adjusted..

Maybe instead of me browsing the forum more, you could try to read a lil' better..
I wouldn't have even bothered to type all this if not for your not so very constructive criticism, and "this is so stupid noobish like again" tone wouldn't have bothered me that much.. ;/

I could think of a reason why this is the case, but that would prolly get me a... warning, so i'd rather not.. :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like all your ideas except 1,2,3,4,5. Number six is good =].

-UltraPerfectCell

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like all of them besides the new skins and steering during beam jumps. Well... and dash I guess. Dash would seem redundant as it is already hard to get hit during melee. Maybe if they were to put in a system like in JK where you lock onto your opponent in the future dash might have a place, but teleport seems ok for me at the moment. Beam jumps are useful enough at the moment (too useful IMO) and making them look buff would be too much work.

New special abilities would be nice, such as perhaps Cell being able to use his tail for *something* or perhaps allowing Vegeta to temporarily rage and fire attacks faster than normal for a short period.... something along those lines.

I DEFINITELY agree with both the flash of light for transformations and making the beams look (and possibly even function) differently. Personally I would rather have a final flash like the one Vegeta used against Perfect Cell because I am absolutely sick and tired of all of the beams being exactly the same except for speed and explosion size. I want bigger faster beams with crushing damage myself, but since the team doesn't feel like coding anything new and interesing into their beams and just recycling the old explosion system I doubt there is any luck of that.

Regen for piccolo would be nice but probably too controversial. Give him a better power like being able to throw his arms out and grab or hit people in 1.2 instead.

Best answers
First of all, I'd like to state for the record that beam jumping is the worst concept ever placed into esf. Really.

Secondly, you'll find that some of the beams and beamheads as you call them are different. Look at a Final Flash next time you play guys.

Best answers
i think beam jumping could be better with an animation for it (like when hes bein blasted up, he looks and the ground and looks like the momentum is actually pushin his body up from his arms, so hes kinda piked)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think it's great now, it's extremely useful and takes up a lot of Ki, so it can't be easily whored.

Best answers
i thinks its ok, but could use a little visual touch up if the team ever gets time

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cheeto101 ... if you've got connection problems, open a second browser and look if the forum server accepted your post ... if you posted the same post again, delete the second one with an understandable reason ("double post cause of connection problems" or something like that)

Beamjumping is useful, not overpowered and looks ok
it's usefull ... you can change your velocity withing seconds ... it's fast
not overpowered ... because it sucks lots of your KI ... it's based on players speed (try it with Mystic Krillin in turbo ... huahaha)
it looks ok ... it's hard to make it look good, because you can fall down after shooting ... but it has an animation now (B1.2), which let it look better

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom