some new trunks suggestions

Which would u like to see trunks get in 1.3

• Be able to go ussj and ussj 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gain more speed but trans later

• Get the burning slash attack sword gib if someone is caught in a combo at 20% health

• Make his burning attack stronger and or give him that attack he killed cell with in his timeline

• or all of the above

• Total voters
Best answers
hmmm this may be a dumb suggestion but oh well. i was jus watchin some dbz episodes and my suggestion is that trunks should be as fast as vegeta or somthin or a little slower.

reason y i think he should be this fast cus in the episodes i was wtchin trunks was able to keep up wit vegeta wen he was normal and vegeta was a ssj then wen he went ssj they were the same speed.

it may be a dumb suggestionand i may hear a whole bunch of bad comments from alot of people but oh well. besides trunks is a lil too slow at the start IMO but maybe its jus me :smile:

Best answers
its not just you. Trunks is slow and his beams arent good. He's good at melee, but what good is melee if you can't catch your opponent?

Best answers
exactly finally someone understands :laff: trunks is real good at melee but hes so slow at the start its hard to catch anyone and for some reason it seems like his ki goes down faster cus he doesnt fly as fast so u have to chainswoop more than everyone else. trunks needs more speed seriously :smile:

Best answers
I agree with you Hyuga Neji, In ESF Trunks is a slow character and his finish buster is very weak and cannot do a power struggle.

Best answers
Yes totaly agree, a generic beam from a ssj goku, vegeta or gohan tears right through his burning attack, and his speed is completly crappy for a speed based meleeing unit, i meen in teh show he kills frieza and king cold ina matter of minutes with his insane speed.

Best answers
yea prince trunks he was fast as hell he cut through friezas henchmen in seconds and there were like 8 of them then killed frieza and king cold quickly and easily he should be alot faster beacuse trunks isnt a beam person hes a melee person but he sucks at being a melee character cus hes so slow speed and skill make all the difference in a game like esf.

his beams arent any good really burning attack is weaker than a gen beam finishbuster is weak as well unless u get really high pl. and his burning attack was alot stronger then it is now. so since trunks is a melee person wit no good beams i think its only fair to at least give him the advantage in speed or somthin. this way it would make him a true melee character

and look at it like this all the pros on this game have one thing in common and thats the character they pick. out of all the pros ive seen on esf all of them seem to either use goku vegeta cell or buu ive never seen a pro pick trunks wen they fight to win. and the reason for that is simple hes too slow.

trunks need to get more speed cus hes alot slower than he should be. :smile:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i agree, trunks should be speeded up a little... I think he should have a powerful beam when ussj, but you would only be able to fire it when you're on the ground (the move he used to kill cell in his time line) it'd be kinda fast charging, powerful and naturally fire upwards, that'd make it unique but still useful. I dunno, trunks should be a little faster, if anything at least try to make his burning attack stronger, and meh thinks it shud be a ball but nobody listens to that...

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sometimes I wonder what exactly is wrong with you guys

Is it so hard to imagine that certain characters have a some disadvantages because they get certain other advantages?
Trunks for example, is melee orientated and a fast transformer, but because transforming is a big advantage in a early game he needs to be balanced, so he gets a slower speed and less beam attacks because he already is a melee char anyway
Balance is everything
every disadvantage has it's own little reason

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The thing is, what if you're a fighter that doesnt like to transform? We all know that transforming early will give you a boost in the beggining but tactically, you're just digging your own grave for later on. Gohan has a similar transform to trunks, but he has almost the same speed as goku whats the balancing point there? and to top it off he has 2 decent beams and a sheild attack that shoots ki attacks too. Trunks has incredibly weak attacks, his burning attack is only usefull for blinding (the blinding is very useful though), finishing buster is hard to hit with and costs alot of ki. His sword gives him an advantage, but not enough, it's extremely rare to get a swordkill with trunks. I think he's underpowered, but i'd rather they took care of piccolo than trunks, you can still use trunks really well if you know what you're doing.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
The thing is, what if you're a fighter that doesnt like to transform?
Don't pick trunks!

Davidskiwan said:
Gohan has a similar transform to trunks, but he has almost the same speed as goku whats the balancing point there?
Last time I checked goku had a starting speed of 215 and gohan and trunks had a starting speed of 180

Davidskiwan said:
and to top it off he has 2 decent beams and a sheild attack that shoots ki attacks too.
Actually, shield is hardly used
Powerbeam ( w/e its called ) isn't much stronger then a generic beam

Davidskiwan said:
Trunks has incredibly weak attacks, his burning attack is only usefull for blinding (the blinding is very useful though)
Indeed usefull, hmm so you found something usefull to find it for, stop complaing

Davidskiwan said:
finishing buster is hard to hit with and costs alot of ki. His sword gives him an advantage, but not enough, it's extremely rare to get a swordkill with trunks.
FF takes less then 3 seconds to charge, fully charged takes alittle over 5/8 of your KI,
moves faster then vegeta's bigbang attack ( wich takes up almost 4 seconds to charge )
so I really don't see what's so bad about it.
Not all beams have to hit a player to be effective.
Like you can protect yourself from beams by creating a ball vs beam powerstruggle so the opponent can't let it explode near you

to be honest, after looking at all this
he really isn't under powered, just like every other char, it's just up to the player to exploit his strong points and deal with their weaknesses

Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
I think he should have a powerful beam when ussj, but you would only be able to fire it when you're on the ground (the move he used to kill cell in his time line) it'd be kinda fast charging, powerful and naturally fire upwards, that'd make it unique but still useful.
the attack that your talking about is the Buster Cannon.

Guys wait untell 1.3 where Trunks has his ussj form they will most likely speed up his ssj cause ussj wont be represented anymore it will be in the game.

Remember ussj is as strong as ssj but speed of half way to super sayian like a power multiplyer of 4x from base but a speed multiplyer of 1.5x from base.

Best answers
Prozac said:
sometimes I wonder what exactly is wrong with you guys

Is it so hard to imagine that certain characters have a some disadvantages because they get certain other advantages?
Trunks for example, is melee orientated and a fast transformer, but because transforming is a big advantage in a early game he needs to be balanced, so he gets a slower speed and less beam attacks because he already is a melee char anyway
Balance is everything
every disadvantage has it's own little reason
trunks is "suppose" to be melee character but hes not a good one hes too slow thats wut ur failing to realize. goku is a better melee character then trunks cus of his speed so wut if he has a early trans even wen transed hes slower than everyone else wen they are transed. id like to9 see that beam that he did to cell put in and i cant wait to see how his flamethrower will be. but he should be speeded up

besides prozac the reason u say u dont want his s[eed up is cus u prolly dont use him anyway. balance is a key in this game but this game as of now isnt really balanced. i pick trunks all the time and sometimes its hard wen ur fightin a good player wen ur both normal and they are either cell goku or vegeta. i mean i shouldnt have to pick one of the best characters on the game jus to win.

the game should be balanced out so that no matter who anyone picks as long as u have skill u should be able to win regardless of who u use. its alot of people who use goku vegeta cell or buu and are real nice but suck if they use trunks or gohan or piccolo or somthin. speed makes all the difference in this game and trunks doesnt have any. he has no real advantages u cant use the sword unless ur in adv melee and do a combo or a strong attack.

quick trans is a advantage but doesnt really help u only hurts u in the long run. so i think he should be able to use his sword in basic melee and he should be faster like vegetas speed maybe make his trans later like at 1,500,000 his burning attack should be stronger and should be a ball or have the ability to do it as a beam or to turn it into a ball but the ball be stronger like a generic beam and last but not least i think he should get ussj2 cus in 1.3 wit all the other transes he wont be able to compete at least wit ussj2 he'll be jus as strong as a ssj2 but jus not as fast :smile:

Best answers
i cpletly agree ~Hyuga Neji~ , and liek you said speed matters, belive me i would GLADLY have trunks havea later pl trans say liek 2 mil. if he only could move at a decent speed

Best answers
yea i would also prince trunks gettin the pl doesnt take that long id rather have the speed and trans later this way trunks would be a true melee character. and id love to be able to use his sword in basic melee again wit the speed :smile:

he already doesnt have any beams so jus make him pure melee.

Best answers
i think it be uber cool if his sword did liek lets say 1-3 damage per slash, but didnt knock you back, like you could start slashing somone when there ina wall at like 2-5 slashes every 5-``10 aseconds maybe or you charge it up charge somone then suddenly you unleash a barage of 10 slashes, doing 20 damage (you get this at ss) it woudl drain all you ki, and htey coul dhit back

Best answers
sounds pretty cool to be able to do like a sword combo witout havin to be in adv melee i like the sound of it i jus hope they put the sword back in for basic melee and since android 18 has a unique prepucnh u could make trunks have one too like wen hes prepunchin u he pulls out his sword and starts cuttin away. i jus would like to see more sword usage in 1.3 cus u can hardly use it in 1.2.

u either have to do a combo (most people kno how to dodge well) or u have to do a strong punch which is pretty hard to pull off so id like to see him be able to use his sword more :(

Best answers
wow tha tbe kinda cool if you combined my idea with yours, instead of prepunching you back he woudl unleash a barage of sword swings and if you were blocking youd dodge them or somthing, taht be uber cool.

Best answers
yea it would that would be live to see put in so its wen u prepunch he pulls out his sword and jus starts cuttin rapidly wit down slices crosses all types of sword like combos then maybe while ur in adv melee instead of punches he can swing his sword like instead of jus havin to do a combo or a strong punch.

then maybe also make him have like a instagib if like someone is lower pl then u and they half less than half their hp left for basic melee so he wouldnt just have a sword kill for adv he'd have one for basic as well or instead of killin people normal if he uses his sword in 1.3 wen he kills them they get sword killed like in 1.1 wen u kill them they cut into pieces or somthin like that.

These ideas really seem like they got some potential :smile: ;) :laff:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the way i see it , trunks is fine the way he is (along with the changes he is bound to get in 1.3) after all , it is good for some charcters to have there ups and downs in games , i was thinking along the lines of an ability for trunks that i would call power pump or sumething , where his beams can become stronger , that would then balance it out a little , since if you work up a bit with trunks , you should get that benifit for a certain amount of time

Best answers
heh well if u think trunks is fine the way he is then u must not use him much hes too slow u cant even do the 2 hit wit him regardless of wut he gets in 1.3 he needs speed trunks was one of the fastest and on here hes one of the slowest doesnt make sense id like to see u take on a cell or somthin wit a trunks if u use goku vegeta or cell most of the time and whip peoples asses wit ease i guarantee u wont do as good if ur usin someone like trunks. he needs speed and thats all there is to it he has no advantage excpet for his early trans.

and even his trans is nothing once someone else transes. his sword isnt useful unless u do adv melee most of the time u cant do basic melee cus everyone knos how to dodge. so if u see some advantages trunks has point them out to me plz cus i dont see them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom