Some ideas to check out

Force Pit Member
Best answers
That's true, but for some people its not enough to dodge, swoop, teleport right click in a fast pace. And the RPG style advanced melee sucks, but it gonna change. It's more complex with the new melee system as far I understand. And I think its gonna take the button mashing part off of Tenkaichi. And it is really not fair to keep other players out of the game just because they are less good, they want to play also. So theres noobs and theres pro's, like in everything else. Yeah again it sucks to wait in advanced melee but yet again, its not gonna be an RPG style anymore, its gonna be a fast paced continuesly closed combat. Basic melee is fast but its based on dodge and hit, and hit again and the damage is huge, you can beat someone in 4-6 hits. So just sometimes you need to use a mixture.

BTW - some of you "pros" stop thinking your gods, your just good at a video gameo_O

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Before I go into your first paragraph: Which pros think they're Gods? I'd be surprised if even one pro still played this game on a regular basis.

The new advanced melee is more complex and you think it's going to rip the button mashing aspect from Tenkaichi. Which part of that sentence is supposed to make me say "**** YEAH!"?

No one is kept out of the game. I don't know why new players feel that they deserve to be good as soon as they play the game or even compete with better players on the same level from the outset (which they aren't able to anyway, but the game is designed with that in mind). As I said, none of us started out being good at the game. We all got our asses kicked, and we worked out way up to the top. Why can't anyone else do that? Why is that so difficult or so wrong? Because new players want to be good NOW? Well, 1.2 tried that, and they still got rolled over by the better players. Regardless of how easy you make the game, the best players will still be the best and everyone who isn't is going to be beaten. Then of course people will complain about how hard ESF is and how it's so unfair that people who actually play the game to win are able to beat them so easily. It's like everyone was told by their parents that losing is impossible, and were then shuffled off to softball games that always end in a tie.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's true, but for some people its not enough to dodge, swoop, teleport right click in a fast pace. And the RPG style advanced melee sucks, but it gonna change. It's more complex with the new melee system as far I understand. And I think its gonna take the button mashing part off of Tenkaichi. And it is really not fair to keep other players out of the game just because they are less good, they want to play also. So theres noobs and theres pro's, like in everything else. Yeah again it sucks to wait in advanced melee but yet again, its not gonna be an RPG style anymore, its gonna be a fast paced continuesly closed combat. Basic melee is fast but its based on dodge and hit, and hit again and the damage is huge, you can beat someone in 4-6 hits. So just sometimes you need to use a mixture
i agree, all melee needs to be changed, but advanced melee needs to be scrapped and redone.

why?

i really wish you couldve taken part in the earlier versions of the mod. the action was so fast no one cared how simple it was to get a hit.

btw zeo/vox is right, all of us started of as noobs, got our asses kicked repeatedly, nearly gave up, had a revelation, got better, and found ourselves at the top of the game. you must be extremely lazy if your not willing to work at a game to get good at it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Which pros think they're Gods?
One of them thinks he's a Supreme God Emperor haha... :rolleyes:

I agree with almost everything said in this thread. These suggestions aren't adding much to the game. Also, please stop making references to crappy Atari games that nobody plays. ;/

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now explain what a Supreme God Emperor is, it's satirical purposes, the history behind the title, and the irony of using it.

Your post is devoid of content. Please refrain from posting if your only goal is to take a jab at a person and then cover it up by adding a few lines that really don't say anything in order to make it seem on topic.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As opposed to getting to the point, and then taking a jab at you? Also, no, I don't know or care about the history behind the title. But my guess is, a Supreme God Emperor is a guy on the internet who takes himself quite a bit too seriously.

Devoid of content? I said exactly what I thought of the suggestions posted here. Since I share the same feelings as everyone else on these suggestions, I figured simply stating so instead of repeating what's already been said would suffice.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rather than just take you apart the same way I did when you attempted to spy on me and mine, I'll just say you really need to get over your Zeonix fetish. I know, I know. Women love me, and men want to be me. I can't help it. I'm just that awesome. But really, there's only so much admiration from a man I can take without beginning to think you're attempting to get into my pants. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm just not into it (Unless you're Maynard or Ridd-ick. Then you're in).

Do you just never have anything more to add to discussions or is simply saying "I agree. Btw, that Zeonix guy is super hot and I'm going to mention him despite this conversation really having nothing to do with him, but the future of ESF, which I really couldn't care less about. Btw, did I mention how awesome Zeonix is and how I wish he'd comb my red locks with his fingertips?" enough? I know this forum isn't what it used to be but there's no reason for conversations to be completely devoid of content other than simply saying "I agree." Try to add something to the discussion rather than be a detriment to it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Take me apart? Oh, you mean take my picture and scribble a bunch of retarded lines on it which mean nothing? Right. If that's all you know how to do, then I'm really not worried. Honestly, I could do the same thing. Oh wait, no I couldn't, because you're the guy hiding behind the name "Vox Dei" (clever name by the way [/sarcasm]).

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right, I'm hiding despite everyone in the world knowing who I am. You're just disappointed that despite that fact, I'm allowed to remain here. I'm not and have never been a threat to this forum, and it would probably be unproductive to get rid of everyone who leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you can count the number of active people on this forum on two hands. Regardless of how many times you mention my name, and contrary to what you believe, I'm not hated by everyone. At this point, if there still are a few haters out there, they (and you) are in the minority. That said, you're not one to comment on names when you've named yourself after an imbecilic dog. It also doesn't help that your name is also synonymous with a certain male bodily fluid.

Do you see what I meant by you being a detriment to this discussion? What do I have to do with any of what this thread is about? Why can't you just accept that you and I will never sit on the beach watching the Sun rise from below the ocean (as the Sun tends to do) and stop mentioning me all the damn time?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone in the world knows who you are? Really? Because I don't. Never have I seen a picture of you (if it's in the pics thread somewhere, forgive me, but that's a lot of pages to go through). Nor do I know your name, or really anything about you other than the fact that you think you're hot **** on the internet.

While my name might have another meaning than the one I was thinking of when I chose it, it doesn't change the fact that my name is still perfectly harmless. I've had this name as long as I can remember, and you're actually the first person to comment negatively on it (true story).

I've never said that you're a threat to the forum, but you love to attack people for absolutely no reason, almost to the point of getting yourself banned (oh wait...). Like that **** with J-Dude, or even me for that matter. You have a pattern of giving people **** just because they don't do things the way you would. It's really irritating, and it's not getting you any points (except by people of similar minds).

While you intelligently contribute to a lot of threads, you still treat people like idiots when they ask a stupid question, or when they don't agree with you for whatever reason. You "take them apart" instead of trying to help them. While everyone is giving constructive criticism, you're the guy that pushes the fact that they aren't good enough at something in an attempt to humiliate them and degrade them.

That said, you can stop wishing for me to adopt a fetish for you. It's not going to happen. I just plain don't like you, and that isn't going to change any time soon.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want a picture of me, google "God". Because I think I'm God. Right?

Perfectly harmless if you completely exclude it's other meaning. I couldn't have been the first person to have laughed at it. I'm just the only person to have said it to your face.

Attack people for no reason....now, I could direct you to the post that instigated this entire exchange, but I won't because by pointing out your hypocrisy, I'm somehow being an ******* and talking down to you. Like that time I started **** with J-Dude by pointing out how ridiculous he was being in his original thread, and then showing him how to go about getting opinions without coming off as being pretentious. Or that time I started **** with you when I...oh wait. I didn't. In fact, I only returned because I saw you badmouth me when I wasn't there to defend myself. Even now, you're playing softball because I'm able to fight back and frankly, it pisses me off. If you have something to say, say it. Don't dance around it, don't play with words. That's why some of you don't like me. I'm completely straight forward and I'll say what I'm thinking. I'll say what no one else is willing to say because someone's feelings might get hurt. I don't know you, so I don't care how you feel. Sorry.

You're right. If someone says something stupid, I'll say they said something stupid. If someone has an opinion that is completely unfounded or what I perceive to be uneducated ("AMERICANS ARE DUMB! YOU'RE ALL FASCIST PIGS!!!"), I'll say something about it and I'll be aggressive. You don't combat ignorance by being passive.

That said, I won't point out how your entire last paragraph (other than the first line up to the comma) describes what you just did in this thread because that would be wholly inappropriate and ****ish of me.

Again, what does this topic have to do with me? Why are we talking about me? Why aren't we talking about the topic of this thread? Why is my name brought up in an unfavorable way every time you think of me when reading a post? Why are you even thinking about me?

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You two need to chill the **** out, these posts are REALLY off-topic and are just the only way for a pre-teenager to get attention.
Also Spunky don't get into his game, spam him on a IM if he is 'man' enough to talk to you like that. xD

PS: God doesn't spam forums, so you phail...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Allright guys cool it >.>

I really dont want to use that report button in the forums current state of speed.

As vox allready stated the melee is currently only an outline and nothing more. And while that outline is public there are difrent ideas within the team how it should be implanted. So i wouldnt be to suprised if the outline would get revised at one point. The problem is that every time we start to discuss a certain aspect of melee we end up talking hours about how it could work and how would it be best in the game. BUt since nothing is actually testable right now all those discussions dont really lead anywhere.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about taking your anger's energy and focus on making a better game by giving opinions?
I'm not very good in english so I didn´t really understand 100% the new advanced melee but i'm trying to :p so i can give my opinion. I love this game, and I mean this one, the open beta 1.3, so far its going in the right way, I prefeer to play open beta than 1.2.3 or any other mod os esf because I think it is geting very inovated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom