Soldner: Greatest disappointment ever....

Best answers
Well for the past few months i have heard nothing but awsome-ness about the massive online game called Soldner....... unfortunatly i made the mistake of buying it before reading some official reviews of the retail package.

Ok, first off, it takes 5 minutes to load to the menu screen, and my comp exceeds by far all of the reccomended system specs. i hear this is caused by a memory leak caused by poor coding. alright, that sucks, but oh well, i go to single player so i can become familiar with how to play.

SP is awful. the enemy AI is soooooo buggy it actually causes the game to lag, can u beleive that? and the enemies in vehicles drive around in circles and try to run you over instead of shooting at you, and some times they will crash into eachother and blow eachother up, now that was actually hilarious when i first saw that, it was like a bad action movie, i was standing there watching them move, and one came from the front, and one came from behind at full speed, and i side stepped, and they both blew up.

multi player is better, but hardly anybody plays in the states because the net code is so unstable that games crash after 15 minutes. also, graphics on the highest settings are about as good as day of defeat, only alot laggier, plus it was $40 bucks and im kinda pissed cuz its like paying $40 for a bunch of problems.

if any of you are thinking of buying this, wait a few months. the devs. have sworn to release patches to fix every problem because apparently soldner has become a huge flop and they need to sell some more copies to make back their money.

Best answers
Then i am so gladd i "bought" it at 100 kb/s =]

Didnt play yet, but damn.. that sounds really horrible.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i read the reviews and saw the screens, it might have been good 3 years ago

Best answers
yeah, the worst part is that when i ask the forums for tech help so maybe my game will be playable, they all say, "well it works fine on my custom built system, maybe your system just sucks!" and im like, welll uhhhh i cant afford a custom comp, and i can run games like lineage 2 and all the other stuff seamlessly, and the graphics in those games are actually pretty good......as opposed to soldner.....which once again, now that i look again, the graphics are WORSE than DOD...

Best answers
Soldner wasn't that bad, me and my friends would play it at LANs if you could run LAN without having a dedicated computer. The Germans made a good game out of this, I don't think it's all that bad. It just needs tweaking, engine work and animation fixes. All of which can be fixed with patches but the creators are neglecting to do so.
This game is a RAM EATER, one of the biggest i've seen, it will take literally ALL of your ram if you let it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom