Solar Flare Suggestion

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I think it should knock out the scouter too, and make the effects last longer and not effect the user, seeing as to do Solar Flare they have their backs to the sun and use their ki to amplify it's light, so they wouldn't see the flash in the first place.

Also, for effecting the movement, I don't think it should effect moving, but seeing as they would be disorientated, invert the X and Y axis on the mouse :D that'll confuse them and then have them switch back once the effects have fully worn off.

But sound should stay as it is, people should be given some chance to know where the enemy is, I wear headphones and I know if i hear a charging sound in the left ear, theres someone on my left, I don't even need to see them, so I think that should remain constant when blinded by Solar Flare.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Check the pic in the first post. Tien still has his eyes open, so as Ravendust said, there should be no effect on the user of the solar flare.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Solar flare used to be charged in alpha, I don't remember why they removed it.

I think it was because that solar flare was in effect an instant move. The user quickly moves his hands towards his eyes then yells solar flare. If I remember correctly, I once looked at the ESF models. They included an anamation for solar flare, but it was quick and couldnt be noticed when it flares the user.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If thats the case then all they need to do is change the code so that it doesn't flash the user, and possibly lower the ki cost because right now it's on par with Final Flash, only it doesn't cause any damage whatsoever.

Also: 1.3 Tien is getting this attack so he'll need a bit more of an advantage.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tien did invent the move (or at least was the first to use it) So maybe his lasts longer or something? That is if he's getting an advantage or whatever.

Best answers
I know Solar Flare is good but what Burning Attack? Also it doesn't do as much. Goku and Cell are the only ones right now apart from the character(Tien) thats being made. What about the others like Krillin used it once on Frieza saga. Piccolo and Gohan can use because they did train with Tien for one episode. It could happen.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
If thats the case then all they need to do is change the code so that it doesn't flash the user, and possibly lower the ki cost because right now it's on par with Final Flash, only it doesn't cause any damage whatsoever.

Also: 1.3 Tien is getting this attack so he'll need a bit more of an advantage.
tien, it looks as it is very unlikely he'll be put in 1.3, unless we the community can come up with a tien model under 1400 polies with animations, sounds, sprites, etc. soon

Best answers
I really wish the people who joined the Tien contest didn't vanish into the abyss..there was some models that had the potential.

I strongly agree with the scouter being blacked out (or rather "whited out")
Makes no sense to still be able to see movement happening on the scouter.
It should not affect the sound though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure Krillin can use Solar Flare in ESF, correct me if I'm wrong, but the other characters mentioned by IceSilver have never been seen using that technique.
And that sounds pretty crap about Tien, I'm not good at graphic design or anything like that so I won't be able to help :(

Best answers
Maybe it was in ESF beta 1.1 i'm not sure. Other character i mentioned, it could happen. On Frieza Saga scouter inhanced the Solar Flare and permanetly blinded the grunts on Frieza Saga.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IceSilver said:
On Frieza Saga scouter inhanced the Solar Flare and permanetly blinded the grunts on Frieza Saga.
When did this happen?
I don't know if this is a good idea even if it did happen. Imagine being blinded for the entire game, and almost everybody has the scouter out. It would be pretty crap.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just because somone trained with someone else for a bit doesnt mean they know their moves. I dont remember Gohan learning SBC when he trained with Piccolo. Nor Trunks learning FF or GG. Ive seen so many ppl say things like "so and so should get this move cause so and so trained with so and so"

On Topic: I think shortening the blind and make it usuable more than once would be good, if they dont change anything else on it.

Best answers
solar flare is already pretty useless and if theres a delay on it you might as well not have it (any delay no matter how small still makes it weird) .....unless you give it a longer blind time or less ki cost i dont think its a good idea....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well in the show the flash lasts a lot longer than in the game, so if there is an obvious delay and you fall for it you're as good as dead. Lower ki cost for sure, and take away the self-blinding thing and give it to Krillin, it'll be much better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Krillin already Has it! its not listed but he has it! check yourself.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and why are you complaining about the self blinding its only for 1.5 seconds anyway and the enemy is blinded a whole 10 seconds

Best answers
Hey its possable. I'm sad or anything but most Sayians are slow on brains and high on brute force. Except adult Gohan and adult Trunks they were intelegent. Cell could process any within seconds. In fact if Cell wanted to he could copy all the charachers moves except transformation. The time is just right you 1.5 secs to be blinded then minus 10secs= 8.5 which give you a perfect time to do a Kame Hame Ha Wave wich is 5.6 seconds or Galic Gun which 4.8 seconds. Thats not including powering up. It would take 2 seconds to power up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I applaud the math, but I don't think it should blind the user at all, if the enemy looks away then you get blinded and they don't, making you the victim, and for such a huge ki cost I don't think it's worth the risk. By taking out the self-blinding at least you'll just have a ki disadvantage and not a sight disadvantage too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also there's apparently an animation going with the solar flare. Its basically going to waste with the self flash.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can see the end of the animation when you use krillin and do the Solar Flare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom