So, whats your workout?

Best answers
Yeah, I add anywhere between 2.5lbs - 5lbs reps every set, and sometimes on my last set i will add 7.5lbs - 10lbs, but thats really rare.

Best answers
i don't see the point in making myself big and buff to hard to maintain all i do is

30 to 35 pushups a day
18 situps a day
when i get time a few minutes on an exercise bike

Thats about it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i love that you do all that work, and yet your heart and lungs are being neglected. go for a run man, go for a run.

Best answers
I do run when i have to but i prefer to go swimming instead you do not mess up your knee and and anckle joints from running too much.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, my knee and ankle joints were never ever messed up from running, and i was doing 10 miles (16km) with a 45kg backpack.

it was a car hitting me that ****ed my knee over...

Best answers
Right now iam working on my normal "summer-beach-body-thing" so iam doing atleast 300-1000 situps a day + 100-500 pushups a day. Basic and it works.
I also recommend running,burns fat and builds leg muscles and enabling your lungs to "absorb" more air (more stamina;P).

Best answers
Dude, you can do all of the sit ups you want, but if you dont lose fat, then you will just have abs under a layer of fat. And, you could induce muscle damage by doing so many reps. If you want big muscles, you do low rep with high weight.

So for your abs, i recommend doing low rep with high weight, burn more calories than you take in every day, and stay away from that junk food.

example:

Sit ups
Set 1: 14 reps
Set 2: 12 reps
Set 3: 10 reps
Set 4: 8 reps

Barbell Side Bend
Set 1: 14 reps
Set 2: 12 reps
Set 3: 10 reps
Set 4: 7 reps

Just pick a weight where you have a little trouble lifting it for the amount of reps you want to do but not too uncomfortable to the point where it hurts bad. You should feel a light burn, but dont be alarmed if you dont, I dont feel a burn sometimes when i lift, So its normal if you dont.

Same goes for your chest, benching is arguably the best chest exercise out there for it. Just stay away from high rep, especially in the triple digit range. If you want good exercises, check out www.bodybuilding.com, they have lists and instructions on how to do them.

Also, running does not build much muscle at all. I dont know where you heard that it does, it really increases stamina, endurance and lung capacity.

@mad Axman - Like i said, running increases stamina, endurance and lung capacity. I dont want to increase stamina and endurance, i want to increase muscle. But I see where you are coming from. And my heart is definately not being neglected. I run before i lift to get my heartrate up, so i do run.

If anyone has a question, give me a PM, i dont mind.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
running doesnt just increase stamina, it also increases bloodflow, and strengthens your cardiovascular system, enlarging your lungs and heart.

id love to see you in 10 years when your lungs cant take in enough oxygen for all that muscle.

remember, aerobic exercise = oxygen + glycogen ---> water + co2 + ATP (energy)

aerobic exercise doesnt just mean extreme movement, in fact, aerobic reactions take place in your muscles every moment of every day. if your lungs dont grow, they wont be able to support massive muscles, its as simple as that.

on top of that, running DOES build leg muscle, just at a much slower and less noticable rate than weight exercises (unless your like me, and use a backpack).
i challenge you to stand toe to toe, with any of my rugby playing friends, and not get flattened.

Best answers
I just go out to run 3-4 nights per week.. usually for about 10km..

And Walmart Security, be sure to not pick up acting lessons.. °_O

Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
running doesnt just increase stamina, it also increases bloodflow, and strengthens your cardiovascular system, enlarging your lungs and heart.

id love to see you in 10 years when your lungs cant take in enough oxygen for all that muscle.

remember, aerobic exercise = oxygen + glycogen ---> water + co2 + ATP (energy)

aerobic exercise doesnt just mean extreme movement, in fact, aerobic reactions take place in your muscles every moment of every day. if your lungs dont grow, they wont be able to support massive muscles, its as simple as that.

on top of that, running DOES build leg muscle, just at a much slower and less noticable rate than weight exercises (unless your like me, and use a backpack).
i challenge you to stand toe to toe, with any of my rugby playing friends, and not get flattened.
I mentioned that i run before i weight lift to get my heartrate up, so i dont neglect running, or my heart or lungs for that matter.

And you are right, running does add leg muscle, I thought I said that but it turns out that i just worded my post wrong. (i was at school, and had to type fast) I Said that running doesnt add MUCH muscle at all, you probably just didnt see the word "much". I didn't either after i reread it just now. So i apologize for the confusion.

Oh, and for the record, i just got done with cellular respiration, ATP, aerobic and anaerobic activity, and all of that other stuff that occurs at a cellular level. So I know what you and I both are talking about.

Oh yeah...

@ Kimfu - Acting lessons? What?

Best answers
Well yea.. Pro-wrestlers aren't known for their brilliant acting (and that's basicly a big part of their job).. So if you would take acting lessons, you would stand out too much.. N/O though

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hes making fun of your like of Pro Wrestling... I think. I laughed.

Edit: Oh, right, next page... damn.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I play squash as often as I can, which is usually twice a week during my 2 hour spare Tues and Thurs. Great sport, squash.. Lots of fun, lots of people to play with, great cardio, and did I mention fun? Its not a routine, so to speak, but its how I stay fit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Usually I run for like half an hour four days out of the week; since I'm in school now though I just get to run to and from the train station while carrying a 20 pound backpack. So its a mix of strength and stamina training ^^

Force Pit Member
Best answers
too much running and aerobics and you will burn off the muscle u have been building up.

Best answers
See, this is why workout threads are awesome. They give you so much insight!
---
Walmart, you seem very experienced in the area. My theory for using body weight exercises is that, as you work out and exercise, you're building up muscle and either converting or burning some fat. However as you build muscle your weight goes up, so its always at a constant rate and you keep your muscle/fat ratio at a reasonable (by reasonable I mean every-day-im-not-gonna-grow-up-to-be-a-body-builder type of reasonable) rate. Does this make sense?
---
Ive already posted my "regular" routine... but I like to comment that it constantly changes; exercises are constantly being added. I figure the more exercises, the more ways your muscle is working. Im guessing thats a good thing :)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Depends lol. If you want to increase your stamina and endurance, then yea.

But if you want to build muscle mass, not so much. Less reps, and more weight. And when you work out, i hear you have to keep your workout time short, within an hour, because the longer you workout it becomes less effective.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
You know how much work it is to work at the HL2files website, adding files, news, etc. Damn, my fingers are getting strong :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LMAO!!!!! Good one skyrider, but that's actually the truth, well anyways here's my workout:

swim 1 hour a day, 5 times a week, but I jog to the gym, which is 8 km.
I jump on my trampoline a bit everyday and play with my dogs(rugby), that's a pain in the @@$.

Oh and sometimes at swimming(well in the winter) then we have 2 hours, not 1, where we spend a hour gyming(push ups, weights, and all those stuff) and the other hour swimming, very very fun! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom