So, whats your workout?

Best answers
[DoH]Soulicro said:
See, this is why workout threads are awesome. They give you so much insight!
---
Walmart, you seem very experienced in the area. My theory for using body weight exercises is that, as you work out and exercise, you're building up muscle and either converting or burning some fat. However as you build muscle your weight goes up, so its always at a constant rate and you keep your muscle/fat ratio at a reasonable (by reasonable I mean every-day-im-not-gonna-grow-up-to-be-a-body-builder type of reasonable) rate. Does this make sense?
---
Ive already posted my "regular" routine... but I like to comment that it constantly changes; exercises are constantly being added. I figure the more exercises, the more ways your muscle is working. Im guessing thats a good thing :)
Well, you cant convert fat into muscle, fat is made of different things, but it does make sense that you burn fat while doing it, but the amount of reps are tricky to figure out. If you do many reps, you will burn a lot of fat and add endurance, but you will not add much muscle. Its like running.

TonyTheTiger pretty much hit it on the ball, but didnt go into detail, thats why I replied.

And yes, if you have more exercises, than it gives you more ways to build muscle. But remember, if you are doing intense lifting then you should only lift for no longer than an hour, or else your testosterone levels get too low. But that is for only heavy lifting with weights and machines.

Like i said, burning fat and adding muscle at the same time is tricky. If you do too many reps, than you will burn fat, but not add much muscle. If you do not many reps, than you will add more muscle, but wont burn much fat. You have to find that perfect number of reps so you can burn fat and add muscle at an equal ratio.

Oh, and im serious. If anyone has any questions, give me a PM, i dont mind.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, you know what you're talking about, but I don't do weight lfting and those stuff, i'm fourteen, I don't want to be 1,4 meters when i'm an adult, so i'm sticking with swimming and long distance running.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Its pretty hard to lose fat and muscle at the same time. You have to focus on one then the other. Kind of like, having a fat burning week where you do mostly cardio. Then go back to weights.

Best answers
donnierisk said:
Wow, you know what you're talking about, but I don't do weight lfting and those stuff, i'm fourteen, I don't want to be 1,4 meters when i'm an adult, so i'm sticking with swimming and long distance running.
First of all, thank you. I take that as a compliment. :)

Oh, and it has been scientificially proven that no matter how early you start lifting, it would not stunt your growth, or shrink you down. Besides, thats common sense, what would cause you to stunt your growth while lifting in the first place? But its not a big deal, a lot of people think that lifting early will stunt your growth.

@ TonyTheTiger - You are absolutely right, that is probably the most effective and easiest way to burn fat and add muscle simultaneously. It seems you know a little more about fitness than the average bear.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have an idea. Do squats with as much weight as you can possibly do (you want to join the football team, right?) and then we'll see how tall (or short) you are in 3 years.

Best answers
Well, technically the thread isnt dead, its only been 8 or 9 days.

@ Zeonix - Dude, lifting will not stunt your growth, its been scientificially proven. If you dont believe me, or countless experiments on this issue, than thats just fine. And I dont think you even lift man, i've talked to you on AIM about this before.

And yes, I do squats with 90% of my 1 rep max atleast 3 times a week. Im almost 6ft tall.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't lift. But I do converse with my friend whos been on the football team for 4 years, and he regrets squatting so much weight when he was a freshman since it has indeed stunted his growth. Either that, or God hates him and made him stop growing at the age of 14 or 15 while everyone else in his family is much taller. Show me this scientific evidence you speak of.

We also haven't discussed this over aim.

Best answers
We talked about something dealing with this... I think.

I heard on a weight lifting forum that it cant, they even had a URL to prove it, but it was so long ago that I dont remember the exact URL.

So here is an alternative...

http://www.trulyhuge.com/news/tips63iq.htm (You may view this one as opinionated, but there is proof that there is no scientific evidence supporting the theory that if you lift, you stop growing.)

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/jul2000/965096380.An.r.html (This one is from a Biology Professor at Berkeley, so he knows what he is talking about)

Knock yourself out, if you need more proof, I can search Bodybuilding.com and give you all of the proof you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom