So what are they doing about transformations? Invincibility or not?

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember very distinctly that this was already decided about a year or two ago. I think it was that the first time you transform, you're completely invincible, all other times after that you're not (although you might still be invincible to melee damage).

This ring any bells Grega?

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Why not make it how fast you transform depends on how fast you can tap (Break) your buttons on your keyboard?

Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Why not make it how fast you transform depends on how fast you can tap (Break) your buttons on your keyboard?
I'd want a dance mat for that ^^. Initial vulnerability sounds good to me.

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
God no. Not only would this kill my hand, but you'd have a fair amount of people abusing this by using scripts.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Ugh. No rapid taps. I hate games that make you do that. It's even almost intolerable in the God of War games :p And it's just horrible in Heavy Rain since I'm already holding like 4 other buttons too x.x

The Prodigy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I remember very distinctly that this was already decided about a year or two ago. I think it was that the first time you transform, you're completely invincible, all other times after that you're not (although you might still be invincible to melee damage).

This ring any bells Grega?
I think it was decided along time ago that the first few seconds you can be attacked/knocked out of transformation, but then after a certain period you're invincible? I remember there were lots of ideas tossed around during the meeting so I could be wrong

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it was decided along time ago that the first few seconds you can be attacked/knocked out of transformation, but then after a certain period you're invincible? I remember there were lots of ideas tossed around during the meeting so I could be wrong
I remember being there, and as far as I remember, I think that was the decision. Not 100% sure, though.

wow watch that temper young one
Relax. What Sudoka said was totally uncalled for.

Last edited:
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
a Cool down is the key. This way it can not be abused. a 3 min cooldown after a transforamtion has been cancelled would suffice.

What kyn suggested (bluesayian suggested it, in a way, also) will also work.
3 minute cool down is far too long, it would be more so like 30 seconds.

The average lifespan of a player would be about 3 minutes, so that would be almost one transform per life. Now i'm basing this off the average player and not "pro" and even that is a bit long, if your in constant pursuit(as in your never just standing but finding new targets) it would probably be less.

A game should be balanced on average play skill rather than "pro"

If the game is done right, youd never see those ridiculous 100/5 kd ratio.

Last edited:
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Isn't there a "bonus points" system here? Why not just make it so that you need a certain amount of those to start the SSJ transformation, as well as a PL level?

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Cause you loose all your bonus points when you die. Meaning you wouldnt be able to transform right after respown.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Cause you loose all your bonus points when you die. Meaning you wouldnt be able to transform right after respown.
So Grega when u will die u lose bonus points so after respawn u can't transform if u don't have BP. System change???. In 1.2.3 version and OPF to transform u need only required powerlevel to do it.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I was making a reply to Avengers suggestion >.>

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Ciarkol, if you don't read his post, don't bother posting either.

Anyway, I see what you're saying Grega.

Me, I'd rather just have no invincibility at all. I don't see what all the whining is about. Transforming is risky business in a high paced game like ESF. Slowing down has its price. It's ludicrous to think people should be allowed to "transform in peace" when the action is paced the way it is.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Ciarkol, if you don't read his post, don't bother posting either.

Anyway, I see what you're saying Grega.

Me, I'd rather just have no invincibility at all. I don't see what all the whining is about. Transforming is risky business in a high paced game like ESF. Slowing down has its price. It's ludicrous to think people should be allowed to "transform in peace" when the action is paced the way it is.
You'd get people beamspamming(/kiblobbing) the **** out of everyone, though. And nobody would ever be able to transform. Now, in the olden days, this wasn't that important, seeing as how you only had one transformation. The new version has a couple of transformations for every character, so it would be nice if you had the chance to transform every now and then.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
Many good ideas here. But whats needed is a solution that allows players to ascend into higher transformations without being killed all the time, even if they are not that skilled. What i was thinking about is to grant total invincibility while ascending. And to prevent players from abusing it, you could put a delay for ascending after you descended to it.(Like 5 seconds or so)
Sure, a player could still abuse the ascend to evade heavy beam attacks, but when you notice that, you could easily beat him up with melee attacks.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You'd get people beamspamming(/kiblobbing) the **** out of everyone, though. And nobody would ever be able to transform. Now, in the olden days, this wasn't that important, seeing as how you only had one transformation. The new version has a couple of transformations for every character, so it would be nice if you had the chance to transform every now and then.
I'd rather have someone kiblob (beamspam is virtually eliminated according to Grega, thanks to the score system) me than have some ******* noob exploit ascension/descension. Besides, we have beamspam NOW, and people still transform, so I don't see the huge problem.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
^^
Im pretty sure that was how it went down.

Just thinking, would it be more logical if transing cost stamina, not ki?

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd rather have someone kiblob (beamspam is virtually eliminated according to Grega, thanks to the score system) me than have some ******* noob exploit ascension/descension. Besides, we have beamspam NOW, and people still transform, so I don't see the huge problem.
Beamspam is not eliminated THX to the score system. But using it wont get you the same amount of points as melee. Not to mention character speeds are higher, with a turbo charged swoop outruning any beam people can throw at you, map sizes are so big that tehre shouldnt be any more clustering round the center out of fear of beeing knocked into a wall. Beamspam is still possible and beams are still a good weapon. Its just that its less effective.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
Put a one minute cool down between ascending and descending. Invincibility during ascend and always instant descend.

I.E.

ascend
1 minute cooldown
descend
1 minute cooldown
ascend
1 minute cooldown

etc etc...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom