so my vista just crashed...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i get the random video recovery thing about once every 3 days or so, i hit up google when this happened and learned it was fairly commonplace.

but now i just got a bluescreen error, for the first time, the thing shot by so fast that i was unable to read it all, but the words secondary and processor were in it, if that helps.

should i be concerned? like should I go ahead and backup everything and reformat?

ummm wrong section -_-

Last edited:
Best answers
I'd be running chkdsk personally (Right click C: > Properties > Tools > Error Checking > Check Now). Tick both boxes from the next window and you should be prompted to reboot and then chkdsk should run about 5 tests.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're right,excuse me. Here is my advice: Get Windows XP!

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right click my computer and select properties then the advanced tab. Under startup and recovery, click settings and uncheck the box that says automatically restart. Click ok/apply/ok and reboot the computer. The next time the computer crashes you will see a BSOD that you can read.

and then tell us what it says.
in my experience, BSOD's, when occurring regularly, are caused by faulty or incompatible hardware

You're helpfull >.>

Best answers
ROFL...

Vista bashing = overrated... If you actually have a clue, and are aware of what your doing, you run into minimal problems with Vista. Only tools are completely "100% Anti-Vista"... Vista had regular updates/hotfixes get out fast enough to fix issues people were having and has gotten better with SP1 which was released not that long ago. It might be okay to prefer XP in some elements, but not openly criticize vista completely with out looking for resolutions to problems in the first place, that's pretty much the point of this thread.

Overrated, whining, Vista excuses = Phail!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If this is your first blue screen, I wouldn't be too concerned. Just write down your error code when it happens again, then search Google for it. That's what I do when something like that happens, best way to find answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom