So....I'm a bit confused

Best answers
Well, I played ESF back in 2000 (freshmen year in high school) just googled it again and found ppl still play it. Problem is only 10 servers or so show up, and there is never ppl in them... Am I doing something wrong? Also I see you're working on a Source engine version. Any release date for final/beta of that >:D

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah, there is no Source Engine version. it's still HL1 /Gldsrc, there is a beta, but you have to be selected to be a tester, and they are full at the moment. No release date, but I'm hoping before 2013 myself.

You downloaded 1.2.3, right? IF you downloaded 1.3 beta, then that makes sense, no one plays that. Also, it's not like there are people playing it at all times, but you know, maybe change up your hours abit and you'll find people playing, I never have an issue, though I rarely play these days, cause I didn't play for so long, that I lost any tiny fraction of skill I might have had...and the only people still playing utterly dominate me in a way that the game just becomes non-fun. It's not like I can even train to get good, as there are rarely any new people.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Few people play 1.2.3 these days. There's likely a player explosion when ESF: Final is released, however.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well yeah, 1.2.3 isn't very friendly if you haven't played for years and know every exploit / trick. I've oft seen some players go 93 kills, 6 deaths, without even beam spamming. Crazy. Any noob joins up, finds some people, all of them are usually pretty damn good, and totally rape new players, hard. The new players die 30 times in a row and say **** it and never play again. It's a tough game to get into, this late.

So yeah, let's hope for final to equalize things abit more, it's going to reset the skill bar somewhat, with nearly all mechanics having been changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom