SNK vs. Capcom: Chaos

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont have an Xbox but I was hoping to discuss this, I read a review on Gamespoy and they gave a 6.2 Rating...

I haven't played it yet, but I wish that it was made for the PS2 as well... I dont know why they do that... Why release it for Xbox only? Xbox owners only care about GFX. The GFX are the same **** on any latest platform when it comes to 2D Fighters. Especially since SNK Playmore decided to stay with the NeoGeo GFX again.

I also hate how they made the SF: Anniversary Collection and CVS2 have online support only for Xbox. I mean why? It'd be better on PS2 Online for the fact its free and you dont have to pay for service.

And not to mention the Xbox controller suucckks for 2D Fighters compared to the PS2's controllers.

KyoKusanagi

K
Ummm SVC chaos is out on PS2 - i have a copy of it and quite frankly it isnt that good well not atleast compared to CVS2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you sure its for PS2? Cause even last month GMR magazine that I got, it shows that the title will only be released for Xbox. And well, no one has told me they have it for PS2 either.

The Magazine says "ONLY ON XBOX" and I dont see the PS2 logo anywhere soo...

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
G-Gear#666 said:
Are you sure its for PS2? Cause even last month GMR magazine that I got, it shows that the title will only be released for Xbox. And well, no one has told me they have it for PS2 either.

The Magazine says "ONLY ON XBOX" and I dont see the PS2 logo anywhere soo...
Import only ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well no matter what you want to get it on, just don't. As much as I hate to say it, SNK really flopped with this one, if you want to experiance a cross-over game between the two companies, just stick with Capcom vs SNK 2, it's much better.

SvC: Chaos' only redeeming quality, is the fact that the capcom sprites actually look different for once, but that's hardly enough to warrant a purchase. A rental at best.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
G-Gear#666 said:
I dont have an Xbox but I was hoping to discuss this, I read a review on Gamespoy and they gave a 6.2 Rating...

I haven't played it yet, but I wish that it was made for the PS2 as well... I dont know why they do that... Why release it for Xbox only? Xbox owners only care about GFX. The GFX are the same **** on any latest platform when it comes to 2D Fighters. Especially since SNK Playmore decided to stay with the NeoGeo GFX again.

I also hate how they made the SF: Anniversary Collection and CVS2 have online support only for Xbox. I mean why? It'd be better on PS2 Online for the fact its free and you dont have to pay for service.

And not to mention the Xbox controller suucckks for 2D Fighters compared to the PS2's controllers.
They're not releasing it for PS2, because of the ignorance of your statement "Xbox owners only care about GFX."

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its true. So many Xbox games are fricken over-rated. The majority of the people that own an Xbox hate PS2's.

And Halo... Im tired of hearing about Halo and Halo 2. Its as if they never played a First Person Shooter before. People are actually saying Halo 2 will be better than Half-Life 2. I mean the GFX on Halo 2 are the same, and so far I have only noticed two new weapons.

By the way, to Hash:

I like CVS2 as well but im bored of it, when it comes to 2D Fighters I dont care that much about the GFX. However I want to play it because of the character roster. They have a nice line up of characters.

I'd like to play Violent Ken if he is playable, and I would also like to try out Shiki and Mr. Karate.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I own all the next-gen systems, and the only one I don't like as much is the Gamecube. I hold PS2 and X-Box in the same regard. With that ignorant mindset of yours, you're just as bad as the people you claim to resent.

In any case, the only way to ensure you can play all the games that come out, despite the system they come out for, is to do what I've done, and buy them all.

Best answers
I heard the Dan mid-boss is suprisingly difficult. And whats up with Violent Ken?

KyoKusanagi

K
Violent Ken is just like Riot Iori - just uber powerful with more damaging moves and a different super combo. Think along the lines of Dark Sakura or Evil Ryu and you have Violent Ken.

And Dan is not too difficult though he has picked up a new move - a copied Haoh Shoukuken - as used by Ryo and Mr Karate - but again because it is Dan, the fireball has limited range. He also seems to have an auto counter technique similar to SF3's Dudley's Cross Counter.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dan can be suprisingly difficult, but ussually only when controlled by AI, I've never fought anyone good enough with dan to really even give me a hard time.

Best answers
Guilty gear is a great series, im surprised it hasnt been mentioned. It is THE FASTEST 2d fighter in existence im sure. XBOX owners don't just care about graphics, if they did then theyd own a gamepube, which has been proven to have the best graphic potential, people love XBOX because they love the Games. Halo was a revolutionary FPS, just like Half-life. XBOX also has the best online support, so what if you have topay for it anything good is worth paying for!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
G-Gear#666 said:
By the way, to Hash:

I like CVS2 as well but im bored of it, when it comes to 2D Fighters I dont care that much about the GFX. However I want to play it because of the character roster. They have a nice line up of characters.

I'd like to play Violent Ken if he is playable, and I would also like to try out Shiki and Mr. Karate.
Trust me, even though it's got some cool characters, it isn't enough to warrant a purchase. The game just seems sloppy, like it was rushed. Don't get me wrong, I love SNK, and couldn't care less if they ever left the neogeo system. In fact, was really looking forward to this game. I always prefered SNK to capcom, and I was eager to see how they would do a capcom snk crossover. But unfortunately the game was a big let down.

I strongly advise you rent the game first, i'm extremely glad I did.

Taurus 2112 said:
XBOX owners don't just care about graphics, if they did then theyd own a gamepube, which has been proven to have the best graphic potential
Uhhhhh what? Show some proof of that statement buddy, the Xbox is a more powerful system than both the ps2 and GCN. Don't get me wrong, I own a GCN, and in fact it's my fav system, but the xbox is the most powerful of the three next-gen systems, that's a fact.

Best answers
I never said that the Game Cube was the most powerfull i just said it had the greatest Graphic potential. As much as it pains me to say this "being an nvidiot" it just might have something to do with the fact that the cube has an ATI GPU where the XBOX has an nVidia GPU. Besides why do you think that the XBOX2 or whatever they will call it will have an ATI GPU. Look at games like Resident Evil Zero ok. Now don't get me wrong i love my XBOX and i wish it had the best graphics but it just doesn't I mean everything may run smoothe but it just isn't as pretty.

Another reason the Cube has better graphics is because on mini-disc they don't need to compress the video files because they hold so much more data.

Millions of people around the world agree with me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No millions of people around the world do not agree with you. A dvd holds way more data than a minidisc. In fact a problem with gamecube games is that they have to often compress fmv files to save room. For example, prince of persia had compressed audio files in the fmv sequences.

A dvd holds 4.7 gigs of data.

a minidisc holds 1.5 gigs of data.

Best answers
I apologize to Hash for my lack of research. I often say "True knowledge is knowing the extent of one's ignorance." I obviously have a lot to learn and reflect on. THank you for the lesson.

The most humble,

Taurus 2112

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, that's a first. If everyone was as sincere as you just were, things would be a lot better around here. Anyways, thanks for the apology.

*On a slightly more on-topic note* Regarding graphical abilities of the GCN, i must say that RE 4 is looking to have some of the best graphics in recent games.

*And to actally be on-topic* SvsC: Chaos is a disturbingly bad let-down, I can't stress it enough, this is not a good representation of what SNK can do. Stay away from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom