smith i need you D: i killed my pc!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just grab a battery from a nearbuy comp (i should of thought of that , i'm gonna need to grab one from one of my other comps when i can be bothered)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
people arent listening.

FLUSHING THE BIOS DIDNT WORK!!!

and then, HOT FLUSHING THE BIOS DIDNT WORK!!!

hot flushing:

1 start up a machine with an identical bios chip (thankfully my neighbor has the same motherboard and bios..) format a floppy disk to be a boot disk, and load the bios drivers and updates onto that disk.

2 reboot the machine, the floppy will load the machine into dos. once there, remove the bios chip, and insert mine.

3 flush the bios with the info + updates from the floppy disk (essentially, formatting it).

4 remove the chip, replace the old, reboot (it will be fine). and put the newly flushed chip back into my own motherboard.

if the problem is with the bios, THIS WILL CURE IT.

but it didnt, so the motherboard itself was the problem, as i tested every other component in a different motherboard, and it worked.

thus, im buying a new mobo.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Maybe because that is called "FLASHING" the bios, not "hot flushing" lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt said:
Maybe because that is called "FLASHING" the bios, not "hot flushing" lol.

maybe, maybe not, i know how to do it, not what its called >_>

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
maybe, maybe not, i know how to do it, not what its called >_>
You do realize you could have gotten an updated BIOS from your mobo manufacturer's website right?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt said:
You do realize you could have gotten an updated BIOS from your mobo manufacturer's website right?
he could of also used a live update utility (if his board had one on the mb disc)

well i guess you might be stuck with buyying a new mobo. Get a decent one , not some $20 peace of crap (i doubt you would do that thou ;))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom