Slow Torrent Speeds / port just won't open?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
if u still haven't managed, PM me, I can give you http links.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
If your still having problems, PM me, I can help you, http links

Best answers
That's your problem. Comcast throttles bit-torrent connections like mad. They always deny it, but it's true. Your SOL man, unless you can tell your torrent client to encrypt all connections, you'll never get good speeds.

How To Bypass Comcast’s BitTorrent Throttling
I was gonna say the same thing. Unfortunately, Cox does it too.

You won't have to change ISPs though, the FCC has been getting on Comcast for throttling P2P traffic and they must comply with them before the end of the year. I just hope they get on Cox's behind next.

You may say, "why would the FCC help people use P2P?"

http://www.reuters.com/article/internetNews/idUSN2848289620080728

Last edited:
Best answers
What kind of router you got?

of course, if no ports are opening for bit-torrent traffic, it may be Comcast preventing them to open.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What kind of router you got?

of course, if no ports are opening for bit-torrent traffic, it may be Comcast preventing them to open.
I called them, they said they weren't closing any ports.

But I'm saying, no ports whatsoever is opening, I can't host any ESF games.

I have a MR814v2. It's netgear.

edit: Anything I forward as a port just keeps getting a connection refused, I really don't know what to do. I'm oblivious.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I called them, they said they weren't closing any ports.

But I'm saying, no ports whatsoever is opening, I can't host any ESF games.

I have a MR814v2. It's netgear.
They're lying. They throttle anything and everything and if they see you with a constant upload/download stream, they **** you up the ass. If you're ports have completely closed now, it may be something you did while fiddling around.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're lying. They throttle anything and everything and if they see you with a constant upload/download stream, they **** you up the ass.
That's what I was thinking. But it's annoying that I can't ****ing open ANYTHING.

Best answers
Well, in this case remove your router from the mix and plug directly into your modem and see then if you can host and stuff, if you can it is indeed the router. Please remember that if you do this you'll need to power cycle both the modem and your pc.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, in this case remove your router from the mix and plug directly into your modem and see then if you can host and stuff, if you can it is indeed the router. Please remember that if you do this you'll need to power cycle both the modem and your pc.
I've actually been thinking it's been hardware failure. I need to find an ethernet cable, my router + modem are in different rooms, lol.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
That's your problem. Comcast throttles bit-torrent connections like mad. They always deny it, but it's true. Your SOL man, unless you can tell your torrent client to encrypt all connections, you'll never get good speeds.

How To Bypass Comcast’s BitTorrent Throttling
Which is why I downloaded the sims 2 for my sister at 500kb/s because comcast sucks..

Kain, use a different torrent program. It might be that.

I have comcast, I dl things via torrent just fine.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Which is why I downloaded the sims 2 for my sister at 500kb/s because comcast sucks..

Kain, use a different torrent program. It might be that.

I have comcast, I dl things via torrent just fine.
I'd have dled it at 1 mb/s. You're also forgetting Comcast has different policies for different areas depending on the load on their servers. If they see that 20 people are responsible for 70% of the load, they crack down and they crack down hard. Then they deny everything. If you're not affected, fine, but you're in the minority.

www.google.com is your friend.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just as an aside, Netgear network equipment is generally sub par. Linksys and D-Link share the top spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom