Slow connection, need advice

Best answers
my connection is slower than it should be, and i cant do a thing about it. but how do i play esf online without getting dropped or insane lag?(if you say bots are the answer to my problem, i will hunt you down and torture you)

Best answers
oh yeah, forgot to mention, getting any type of new internet service is impossible, so dont bother suggesting. also anything that costs money is also not possible, my parents wont allow it

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know you can type rate # in the console but I don't remember the numbers for each connection.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
get satilite internet connection :F

faster than broadband and sence it uses satilites its avabile everywhere :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if u live in a city then u shouldnt have a problem getting broadband :F

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I meant satilite isn't a good choice if you live in a city, so many companies have all of their comps running on satelite

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
anyway if ur not willing to pay money for a decent interenet connection then u wont be getting good pings... simple as that

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me smacks u

not needed post foo

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know there was some console commands mentioned in a thread in ESF Chat!! If I find the thread, I'll post a link!! It shouldnt be too old!!

Best answers
you see, what im trying to say is that getting a new internet service isnt my call, its my dads and he wont get a new service if im the only one benefitting from it, especially if its just for online games, cuz im the only one that plays stuff online

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Here comes umm.... ME to save the day!!!!
*superman theme plays in the background*
Just use this URL.
http://www.tweak3d.net/tweak/hl/

I used it and it even improved the ping on my Cable Modem.

*Damnit I had a better link but I forgot it*

Best answers
hmmm, that link you gave me, the tips didnt do crap. it was useless. however, i just remembered, recently someone told me that the reason why i hav a slow connection and the rest of my house doesnt is because my modem thinks it can only run at 33.6k when it is capable of 56k. is this a possiblity?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
us federal law says that a modem cant go over something like 50k cause it burns out the relay stations

so it wont ever go full speed

Best answers
well, i dont care if it doesnt go full speed, but i want a better connection. my bro's comp goes like 50k, and our other comp goes like 44-48k. mine is the only comp that has a connection as slow as a b****. what really pisses me off is i have over 10 games capable of online play and only 2 of them i can play with online

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u wont be getting a better connection though... theres jack that u can do about it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
get a job, then pay for broadband yourself, it dont cost much, simple, if ur useing dial up u cannot tweak it, and u will not get good pings, end of story.

Best answers
ok, thats it, im sick and tired of you ppl telling me useless solutions beyond my reach, in fact, i found my own solution, so i am saying this once and i don't want to hear anymore replies

THIS CONVERSATION IS CLOSED

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom