Skybox

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
thanks grega, but...

... they didn't write anything about skyboxes, so can someone help me (again)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just make any brush and apply the SKY texture to it, it'll become a skybox when you compile the map. You can choose the sky you want by filling in the box found in Map --> Map Properties --> Environment Map.

It's a good idea to make a hollow cube around your entire map with the SKY texture (hence 'skybox') to prevent LEAK's. You also need to make another hollow cube inside that with the CLIP texture to stop people flying through the skybox and falling out of the map.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ssj3Viper said:
... they didn't write anything about skyboxes, so can someone help me (again)
You shure?

Howcome i found this within a fiew seconds.
Ok, after you ungrouped the object, the walls, you should think about using different textures for the roof, the ground and the walls. we want a nice grass texture for the ground. so, select a nice grass texture in the texture browser, select the brush that should have the grass texture and click on the "Apply Texture" button.
Viola... now you have a nice grass ground.
we do the same thing with the roof, but we use the "Sky" texture for it. it will be rendered as the sky ingame. remember that the sky texture is not within the esf textures. but since you need the zhlt textures, you have the sky texture already in it. i recommend using the half-life.wad also, because it contains the sky texture, too.
after our edits it looks like this

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Thanks, now where can i find the hull file

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
To all of u who dont have the hullfile and cant find a link or dont know where to get it.... read

-open notepad or a similar texeditor....
-copy that text and paste it into the file:

8 8 18
24 24 24
8 8 12

save the file as hulls.txt

now u have got the hullfile ....
i hope peoples will stop asking me for the hullfile now... i got like 30 pms about that... grrr
Source: http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=10087

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't you have to save it as hulls.hul rather than .txt?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, looking through that thread, it would seem that it doesn't matter. Seems like a .hul file is the same as a .txt file. Just rename it to .hul if it causes any problems.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actualy if you are using Batch compiler than it dosent matter. But if you have hammers compiller it hass to be .hull

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom