Skipping KI Attacks!!!!!!

Best answers
On the ESF_Guru Map I have noticed that when I shoot a Ball attack like spirit bomb or finishbuster and it hits the water. It seems to almost skip on the water and slightly change its course. For EXP: I shoot a fully charged spirit bomb slightly at an angle at the water. When it hits the water it will slightly move as if it was a stone skipping off water. Is this a bug?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that's a good question ... yes ... a beam/ projectile changes it's direction a lil bit by flying into water ...

it's not the map ... it's just the water ... but I think that's not important to change it ... it's just a lil bit thinking about aiming ...

but I'm going to ask about it ...

Best answers
I noticed this along time ago, but I always thought of it as "refraction" .. you know .. think of the beam as an energy wave.
But i have no idea if it was done on purpose or is it a bug.

Best answers
Anybody else experienced this bug. Any ESF coders got an answer for me? Help, I am in the dark for this question

Best answers
It's like shooting a rocket into water in normal half-life DeathMatch(HLDM for short), the water has more friction than air, and so the rocket is slowed down... and is angled away a bit.
One side of the rocket hits the water first and is slowed down before the other side of the rocket is in the water, but as it's still one object, the one side of the rocket can't just slow down on it's own while the other side goes on with the same speed. So it turns.

It's like, if someone throws a large-ish ball at you, and you slap the side of the ball while it's moving, it will turn towards you, if rather less than the water effect.

EDIT: Gah, it's really hard to explain, but it's all physics.
EDITagain: It's not a bug, but rather, realism :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the HL physic engine isn't tthat good ... (but it was great for its time !!!)
as you explaind, one side of the rocket slows down earlier ... if you're shooting from upside, it's the bottom from the rocket ... the the upper part should almost trun around at this point ... this would mean the the rocket continues flying deeper down (missing the right word)
but this doesn't happen
if HL would be such realistic ... why doesn't the rocket dodgge at the water (with less degree) ??? ... this would own ;)

but hey ... I got your point (I already got it before ...;)) ... I know physics as well (maybe i's Europe :Þ)

Off: and now tell me why the light changes the direction while "moving" into water (or glas) ;) because light has no weight you could stop with water :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom