Silent Hill: In movies now

Best answers
I went to see it the day it came out. I heard of the games and such, never played them, i just wanted to go and see a movie with some intense violence, and thats exactly what this had in it. Im a huge doom fan and such, and im use to those kind of monsters, but when i saw that thing rip that girl apart.... its stuck in the back of my head now.... gives me goosebumps.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should go play the games. There's hardly, if any, "BOO" scares. It's all built up tension from the audio and camera angles. Definitely will spook you :).

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why isn't the main character a male? Like in the first game.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wasn't sure about that myself, but when you think about it, it makes sense for the movie to change that. There's more insecurity when your viewpoint is a "weak" woman where when you play a game, most male gamers prefer to play males.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ehh. I still didn't like that.

What I DID like, was that the movie tied some odd loose ends off about the games. Like why it's always foggy; what the hell the deal was with the air raid sirens; and why the Hospital was so significant.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is rather stupid to change the main character, but oh well. Perhaps I'll see this sometime, if I feel like leaving a torrent on for awhile, but I might just rent it when it comes out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was a great movie :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:.

nge

Best answers
Kind've off topic, but I stopped taking RE1 seriously when she pulled matrix moves and kicked a dog in the face

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't seen it yet, but anyone got pics of what Pyramid Head looks like. All I've found on google is art, in game pics, and posters. I wanna see his freaky ass in the movie.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
w00t. Silent Hill is #1 at the Box Office.

Finally. FINALLY a game-to-movie thats actually doing well! Uwe Boll can learn a lesson from this movie.

i.e. actually play the game and stay true to it when making a movie.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Too bad the acting and writing in the movie was bad, but GOD DAMN.... was the visual effects and sounds amazing. Pyramid Head Stole the show, easily. The movie wasn't scary at all and at times, the entire audience was laughing along with me. Best Line ever Look, I am burning! Also, the scariest thing in the movie was when The main character accidently hit the trash cans

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KarrdeKNR said:
I haven't seen it yet, but anyone got pics of what Pyramid Head looks like. All I've found on google is art, in game pics, and posters. I wanna see his freaky ass in the movie.

I preferred the games version, there was something about the flat-beaked pyramid helmet that was unusually scary, rather than the pointy 'traditionally scary' one used in the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom