Silent Footsteps (Bug)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have mp_footsteps set to 1 in my listenserver.cfg & game.cfg yet I can't hear footsteps in ESF. Well I can hear one step, but after that it's all silent. I have messed with different moving speeds to see if that was what was causing it but it wasn't.

Best answers
i think this is a HL bug .. it can only play one sound at a time .. so when ever another sound needs to be played, the footsteps sound disappears .. that's what i think .....

Best answers
That's because the Model origins are a little off, and if you look very closely, most times you are just floating above the ground, therefore not touching it and not producing footsteps. Since this is a very minor thing, we have opted not to bother with it right now because we have our eyes set on bigger things :) Once we've accomplished them, then we will go thru and "nitpick" out the little stuff :)

Best answers
hmm .. yeah i nticed that !! but then how come some times i do hear footsteps, and sometimes not! :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I always notice that, in DMZ too. I had a thread about it but they locked it =/

Anyways, when I was in DMZ_Shores1_7 (On ESF - I Converted The Map) the footsteps were always heard.

I think it's something about the maps, cuz when Im on converted maps (From other mods & HL) & I spawn a scientist it will be on the ground like normal, but on ESF maps they spawn in the ground half above ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom