Signatures Tutorials

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually it has every tutorial worth looking at posted on it.

and i cropped that part of the tutorial.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, every tutorial you need is posted on good-tutorials, and if you can't find it...do what they say on EVERY website/forum....use the search button ;)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Fatality's Complete Signature Tutorial

((The sexyness is back! =D))

Today, you will learn how to make a sexy sig that is worth droolling over. XD

First, you will need some brushes. I reccomend Deviant Art.

Okay, now open a new document. I used 155x115 but you don't necessarily have to use that size.

Anywho, now get some grunge-abstract brushes, and begin brushing until you get something like this.

Make a new layer. Every time you switch a brush set, you should make a new layer. That is just how I do things though, just to help remember which brushes I used.
And now, get some pure abstract brushes and begin brushing.

Make a new layer, and brush some hard abstract brushes.

Make another new layer, and use some dirty abstract brushes.

Make a new layer, get a good grunge-abstract set out, I recommend Jashin's work, he's really talented in brush making.

Make a new layer. Now get some 3D brushes and begin brushing.(LIGHTLY)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Make a new layer, get some soft abstract brushes and brush around.

Make a new layer, get some more soft brushes and brush.

And finally, make a new layer, and get some sparkle brushes. I recommend Stardust.(Nightsky is also good too)

The basic backround is finished. Now onto a border..

Make a new layer, and stroke a while 2px border. And put it on overlay.

Make another new layer, and zoom into the image at 1600%. Right where the 2 px border ends, select the Rectangular Marquee tool, and basically outline the border(except inside ^^). Right click, and select 'Select Inverse' and stroke a 1px black border.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
NOW FOR THE RENDER.

Take the image you want to be in the signature, and drag it over to the image. I used this one.

Okay, like I said, take the image and drag it over to the sig. Select the eraser tool, and select a soft abstract brush set. After that, select a brush and begin erasing the edges of the image(so it looks good). And change the opacity to 80. It should look like this.

Now that that's done. You can move onto coloration.

Go to Layer>New Adjustment Layer>Color Balance. And toggle with the settings and pick a color you like. Go to Filter>Render>Clouds. And repeat this step using a different color.

Now, it may be lacking, so go to Layer>New adjustment Layer>Brightness/Contrast. Toggle the settings and 'OK' one you like.

Now, you may be thinking your done, but your not. You need some text on this *****. Okay, I'm not like the several text abusers out there that try to make there text look awesome and draw attention away from the signatures. So I just take a pixel font, stroke it, and put it in a corner. Thats what pros basically do. Or just lazy pros.

Thus, you have your siggy. Post your results.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basic Background Tut.

1 - filter render clouds, black and white colors, ctrl+f it a few times until its fairly even

2 - make 4 - 6 new layers

3 - start with a white, and use some abstract brushes on the blank layers

4 - alternate, white, black, white, black, white, black, on each layer

5 - set those layers to soft light and youl have a basic background

6 * maybe make a new layer brush some white and set it to overlay

7 * you can make a new layer, brush on some colored brushes and set the mode to
linear dodge for some spunk

8 - make a new layer, control+a to select everything, fgo to edit/stroke 1px black
thats your border.

9 - take a nice render from a background, use the lasso tool to crop it, once you have your image selected copy and paste it onto a blank layer in your sig.

10 - control click your signature layer to select it, then go to edit, modify, contract, 2 pixels

11 - then go to select inverse, and go to filter blur gaussian blur, about 2 pixels, now you wont have any hard edges.

12 - make a few color balance layers, and then fo filter render clouds on the masking part of the layer and youl have some multi color

13 - slap your name on in a small pixel font and there you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom