sigh... too many problems

hmz

Best answers
Hi, im new to esf obviously...

So many problems with this game......

To begin, at first it always said it couldn't load my client.dll file so i kept trying different stuff...

Then some time later, after many frustration, i finally get it to work, but when i try join a server it says, client.dll differs from server....

Yet again more hours of frustration and trying different stuff, atlast it worked, i can join a server! 3 cheers, dont ya think? No, i dont think... I can get into the game but when i click on a character, ESF quits itself...

Anyways, i know you guys have heard ALOT of these problems but ...

im desperate... thx in advance.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Welcome to the esf forums and the games itself. First off 2 things to know make sure you read the stickies and the AUP

now to fix you're problem

1. make sure you have steam. download it at www.steampowered.com

2. install half life into steam. play half life at least once

3. download and install esf beta 1.2 (i suppose to got this far)

4. download and install esf beta 1.2.1 patch.

that should pretty much do the trick. If you have any further problems repost. You'll get an answer quickly

hmz

Best answers
I installed the patch thats what made the game work, the problem now is the game quits itself once i click on a character :(

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmmmmm

do you use software mode? thats my guess. if you do. go into your options menu in steam. then go to the video tab and swtich to either d3d or opengl (i suggest opengl if your card supports it esf was made specifically for opengl or so im told)

hmz

Best answers
nope, openGL is on.... hmm.... i dno why it does that..

Ill reinstall it properly + the patch and see if it works, ill let u know what happens.

Anyways, thank you for helping me so far i hope we can sort this problem, im really anxious to play this game

edit: btw can u tell me what the install file should be named? My brother downloaded it, i got ESF 1.1 beta + B121patch = this correct?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does this do this to every server you try to join? hmmm can i know you're computer specs?

hmz

Best answers
Yep this happens every server.

Specs:
-PC: AMD Athlon XP 2500+
-CPU: 1.83Ghz,512MB
-GFX: Nvidia Gforce 4 MX 220? 240? <- not sure.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm dunno why it doesn't work for you o.o

I suggest you ask a moderator. I will search the forums previous threads for an answer to you're problem. In the mean time i suggest you look for a moderator that is online and pm him.

::EDIT::

Ok i searched the forums and it turns out that the problem could be you're fire wall. If it is on try to disable it and see if it works then. If that doesn't work i'll do another search

hmz

Best answers
ok, thanks, ive reinstalled everything, ill soon see if this works, if not ill PM a mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom