*sigh* another problem *sigh*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now my problem is that whenever I try to connect to or host a game (whether on LAN or Internet), the game comes up with a " could not find/load gfx/palette.wad" or something then crashes ESF to the desktop. I've had troubled times with ESF on my PC and its pretty decent and ran ESF fine a few months ago. Back in April - June. Please!! Citizens of Earth!!! Lend me your energy!!! Well you get the gist...... :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
reinstall HL
update it to HL 1.1.1.0
reinstall ESF B1.1 full

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tried it twice. I found it it says "Host_Init: couldn't load gfx/pallete.lmp"

Best answers
1st time palette.wad and now .lmp?
anyways. why not try to ask some1 nice to find it for you on their machine and send it to you on irc or something? o_O

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
supershenlon said:
Tried it twice. I found it it says "Host_Init: couldn't load gfx/pallete.lmp"
Are you sure that's the correct path and filename of the missing file? There is no such file in that directory under ESF.

If you give me a proper pathname, I am willing to send you the missing file by email to help you fix this minor bug.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats the error that came up, then it quits back to desktop. I think it happens with HL, TF, and DMC as well. And ive looked in the Half-Life directory to make sure as well. Also, i cant see any spray paint logos in the customise section of Multiplayer. Could this be a problem?

Best answers
Could be you HL disk is scratched, resulting it unable to install some files.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My Half-Life disc was scratched, meaning i could either buy a new one, or download Half-Life. I chose the second option, and used the Half-Life CD key on my CD case so i cud play online. I didnt have any previous problems abt the Half-Life download though. Would I be able to play ESF on Half-Life Steam or something?

*edit*

I fixed the problem. My files were in the wrong places. So I just put them in their proper folders and stuff and voila. Thanks for your help anyways guys/gals. :yes: :laff: :)

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Glad to see your problem was solved, thread closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom