Should I buy an Ipod?

Best answers
Hey, I'm not sure if i should buy an Ipod, are they worth it? I've heard a lot of good things. Could you guys give me your opinion and maybe some suggestions if I were to buy one?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're going into Graphic Design, get a Mac. If you want to play awesome games that were available on the PC 10 years ago, get a Mac, if you want to get frustrated beyond belief and kill your whole family, get a Mac. ;)

If cars were built like Mac's they'd only work on 3% of roads.

If you're using it for home regular use, get a PC.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Prime.... The iPod is an mp3 player.. A very expensive mp3 player. I say go for something else.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah it has a 2gig hd If I remember correctly, and it's big as hell
also the price is HIGH imo.

if you want a MP3 player, get a smaller 256MB/512MB for 1/4 of the price :)
it's smaller, usually it's a usb memory stick/mp3 player combo so you can upload/download your songs everywhere without cables, longer battery time, and same sound quality.

pretty clear for me ;)

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha my bad.... I sometimes read what I "want" to read, and read IBook not IPod... lmao /me slaps self.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It has 15, 20, and 40 GB models.

Personally, I would get an iPod if I had the money to spend. It's still the best mp3 player available. (But the most expensive..!)

Best answers
Yea it has 15 gig, 20 gig, and 40 gig and it's the smallest thing out there and it works for Pc anyway.

Best answers
well, i have a friend who just got one, and he loves it. Its got a pretty long battery time, its rechargeable (i think) and it holds a hella lotta music. Personally i wouldnt mind one.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
get a mini disk player, its a ton more sensable, a bit fragile though

Best answers
Dude, mini disk players can only hold like 30 songs, tops

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mike88 said:
Whoever told you that is sadly mistaken. I happen to have a minidisc player in the household, and at the highest possible quality, it can easily hold substantially more than 30 songs. However, if you have the money for an I-Pod, and are not planning on any other major purchases in the next while, I'd go for it....but only as long as you're set on it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think a regular mp3 player would be enough for me, i dont think i have 1000 mp3's lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would go with the i-POD, i'm not sure how much they cost though because I already have an mp-3 player and its A Pretty good 1 to.

Best answers
It's about $250 for the 15 gig, and i'd rather buy something that can hold 4000-5000 songs for only $100-$150 dollars more than other mp3 players

Best answers
haha I got a dell DJ 20 GB for 299 bucks...Its better than the ipod IMO

Best answers
Having that much storage for your mp3s just to listen to them away from your computer is retarded. First off, you'd need thousands of mp3s to capacitate such a volume, and secondly, it'll take you a year to cycle through all those songs til you find the one you want. Personally, IPod is only "the best" for storage. As far as quality of player, there are others out there that get the job done for much much less. Anyone getting an mp3 player just to have a small collection of a few hundred songs are better off getting something more reasonable in price. I'd rather buy a new turbo for my car than spend it on an mp3 player that does the same thing as other players for hundreds less.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

that says it all.

i have aprox. 1500 songs and that is only 4 gigs of space.
to get the minimum which is something like 15 gigs... is simply a waste of money. and as Ultimate 17 said, it would take forever to find the song you want if you had indeed used up your entire storage capacity.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mike88 said:
What you talkin bout meng? I have 75 songs on my minidisc right now.

I agree with everyone else, IPod's seem good for storage and are maybe a good investment in the long run, but I don't even think there are 15gb's of songs I even like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom