Shots Fired

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be blunt, who cares? Honestly, that's great that he's managed to create a solid looking alpha for his Dragonball game in such a short time. I'm not sure how much experience he has with coding or game development in general but his creation is no doubt impressive. With that being said, what he's working on also seems to be a solo project and I would argue that it's easier to set your own pace for something that you're working with nobody else on. When it comes down to ESF, I would imagine that it's hard to get a team of ~10 people to meet deadlines and commit more than ideal work hours on a project that is being worked on for fun in their spare time when they have real life commitments such as school, wives, kids, jobs, and other stuff. It all just simply boils down to it being two different development situations for two different games.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hell nah. We gotta beat his ass now. We gotta put him in place. Guys release what you got so we can **** him up.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Well to be honest..apart from models, the current shown content is not hard to do in UE4. It offers a lot of tools, blueprints and whatnot. It got marketplace skrips for a lots of stuff. Still it's interesting what he did so far. But for me it's not "shots fired"
Because it's a complete different story to develop almost an new game engine and tools, vs using a full fledged engine wich was made in several years by 100+ ppl :D

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I am still more interested in ESF because the Dragon Ball GT stuff gets on my nerves to be honest

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Well to be honest..apart from models, the current shown content is not hard to do in UE4. It offers a lot of tools, blueprints and whatnot. It got marketplace skrips for a lots of stuff. Still it's interesting what he did so far. But for me it's not "shots fired"
Because it's a complete different story to develop almost an new game engine and tools, vs using a full fledged engine wich was made in several years by 100+ ppl :D
Don't forget you guys invented and perfected the high-pased fighting/energy gameplay he is basing his game on. You can't underestimate the years it cost to design and tweak the gameplay which is still superior to any Bandai/other DBZ game made by professionals.
And like Ryo said, Unreal is known for it's 'anything you put in the engine looks good without doing any work' features. Recreating these graphics and polish costs years of development.

Whatever, you guys rock.

Best answers
Damn guys it was just a joke, and as Damaera said "who cares"?" literlly I do think if I had no work and had a proper solid 2 months off that I could surpass what I saw in that video, Its not a shot at Esf final wich in my opinion is far ahead of my own project but all im saying is if I had that amount of time, that I "myself" believe I could surpase what was shown in that video, thats not to say I think esf is terrible because I really do not I think its still the greatest fan made game/mod in existence :) and I have never touched programming/moddeling/texturing/particle systems or any of that before 9 months ago so cut me alittle slack haha

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
I'm just a bit jealous of UE4..in some points..they have such nice tools, you can use everything the engine offers, in ESF artists can't(for example Dalte can't control the GPU particle systems, i have to do them by hand)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
No offense but you could not suprass ESF in a month or even close to that, you are using premade assets and edited models while esf is using its own made from scratch, if it used premade stuff like you are doing it would be done a loong time ago.
Remember ESF was set back because they lacked models, its not as easy as just taking existing stuff and put it in there.
I WOULD be impressed if you had half decent gameplay but all you have now is a concept.

Last edited:
Best answers
everyone is entitled to there own opinion :)

--- edit ---

are you apart of the development team?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I praise you for your efforts in dragonball unreal :)

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Suprass in a month or two? You must be the best programmer, modeler, mapper, GFX and sound artist in the world.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
One thing tho, since you are in the beggining of developing your game i suggest you start thingking about the type of gameplay/melee you want to have in it.
From what ive seen you have some similarities to ESF ( the swoop is pretty similar ) and other things you take from other games ( lock on system for example) and its kinda hard to tell if you want to create a similar esf batle system or something closer to a fighting game.
You should define this early on regardless of the suggestions cause you cant please everyone.
If you were asking me no im not a part of the team, but ryo is.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enough now. He said it was more a joke so stop this bickering will you.

@Emudshit Ryo is the graphics coder. Hes the one who put together the shaders ESF uses, as he said, by hand. I also constantly bug him with issues that ATI cards have because lets face it ATI drivers suck ass ^^;

Also dont mind the naysayers to much. I for one am eager to see where you go with your project. From the looks of your vids it seems to me you are taking a more xenoverse like approach with lockon and melee focus. Though i may be totally off there.

Best answers
That is correct, the melee is similar to xenoverse/tenkaichi 3 :) tho the camera can switch to more of a behind the player view or a over the shoulder tho I have also been testing some first person cameras by just creating a slot on the forehead of the skeleton to place a camera so it moves with animations but idk if I want to go down the first person road just yet. Yeh Ryo seems nice as do most its usually the fans of a project that have negative views or just don't have as opened minds as some, trust me alot of my supporters are worse and its embarrassing at times, also thank you for the support :)

🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Emud hurry and get to 25k subscribers

3D Animator and Rigger!!!
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Best answers
hahaha....all he has is ripped models and some coding done....We have way more done then he does...
why is there so much negativity here? are you a part of the esf development team?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom