• still the same!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no way!

• it sucks like hell!!

• Total voters
Best answers
Here is the Enter Page for my Shock Stuidos. Its not much, I know this, but all of the graphical effort is going into the main site. Also here is the official Logo for my Studio. C&C are welcome.

Logo

Enter site.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Question: What's with the chinese/japanese whatever letters under the Enter? Is this a bilingual site? If not, I think it loooks corney. :/

Best answers
It's still being decided if it will be bi-lingual. But, i put it under there just incase. If not, then i can always go back and change it. I might put a Japanese/American/graphical theme to it. or just a Graphical theme. Still deciding.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You make a logo and do not even put it on the cover page..... What is the point of even having one. About the layout.... the colours are bad, a barfy green and all the subject is just bevel and embos. Very plain, if I came to a site with this as a cover page I would 1) not have a clue what it is about 2) not enter because I have no clue what it is and 3) run to the bathroom because it looks like someone threw up on my monitor.

Retired
Best answers
what Hsu said...

keep the 2nd pic in style of the logo.. nice white and clean and a bit trendy. would look a lot better.

Bolteh2

B
- required programs and settings (internet explorer 5 or higher blabla.. 1024*768 res..)
- everything SHOULD be designed to fit for 800*600 users.. there are still alot of people who use 800*600..
- pointless logo
- the enterpage should show what the rest of the site is all about.. not just enter in english and enter in japanese signs (they dont actually spell enter btw)
- worst colorscheme ever
- the whole bevel&emboss thing os floating and looks teh fugly

about the logo.. its not a logo

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How much effort did you put into this, it's something I'd expect to see from someone who started photoshop 3 days ago.. try harder bob.

Best answers
i like the way you people are saying "not good enough try harder!" ... ¬_¬

I think the logo needs a bit more thought try not to just have the basic s letter dunno.. as for entergate change colours to white and black and should look better

-SaN

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try harder, this isn't good.

Best answers
I think the logo is stupid. However, I like the splash page. You do need to expand more so that people will know where theyre going, but if you change the colors and add a nice flash animation + intro, I think that splash page could work well.

Best answers
Bolteh said:
- the enterpage should show what the rest of the site is all about.. not just enter in english and enter in japanese signs (they dont actually spell enter btw)- worst colorscheme ever
Yes i agree on how it should show more about the site. But the Japanese Words do spell Enter thank you very much, Check them again. If you dont believe me find a translator.

Bolteh2

B
enter in japanese would have 2 signs..(en-ter -> 2 signs, thats how japanese translation happens for english, and i hardly doubt that the real japanese word for "enter" would have 5 signs... japanese doesn't work with letters like we do, they work with characters that represent sounds) you just have a font that translates a -> z in some japanese signs..

Best answers
if its supposed to be a bilingual site I'm pretty sure that matters....especially if he cant write japanese himself, I wouldn't rely on a translator he found.

Best answers
Bolteh said:
enter in japanese would have 2 signs..(en-ter -> 2 signs, thats how japanese translation happens for english, and i hardly doubt that the real japanese word for "enter" would have 5 signs... japanese doesn't work with letters like we do, they work with characters that represent sounds) you just have a font that translates a -> z in some japanese signs..
Not necessarily, that only works for borrowed words in other languages that are adapted to Japanese. Like "hamburger" becomes "hanbagaa." Since there is a word already for "enter" it doesn't nesessarily follow those rules. I'm also fairly certain that in this context the Japanese equivalent is "iriguchi" or "entrance." That definitely is not what that says. My Kanji is a little rusty, but I believe that says "Iri-na-chi-ri" which to the best of my limited knowledge means nothing. An unconjugated verb in Japanese tends to end with "masu." But the first two characters are definitely the prefix that indicates something involving enter, so this may just be a form I'm not familiar with. Considering there are 50,000 kanji in the base set I find it very unlikely that a simple font would put those two together on accident.

Regardless, I think it's a quite silly to have the characters there. I also think you need to think about what your site's purpose is and apply that to every facet of your design. I have no idea what it is your company does, but for a place called "shock studios" your logo and enter page do not shock me in any way. I would also highly recommend staying away from any 3d elements unless you absolutely need them.

Best answers
Thank you for your advice. This, above, is an early version of a site in works. The site will be not to shock you graphically, but the graphics will be there. When the site goes up the reason behind our name being ShockStudios will be presented.
And i have taken many looks at the enter site, and do realize that it is bland. So do not fret on weather the site will be advanced enough to have the name of ShockStudios, it will be Criticized many more times before it actaully gets processed onto the site.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bolteh said:
- required programs and settings (internet explorer 5 or higher blabla.. 1024*768 res..)
- everything SHOULD be designed to fit for 800*600 users.. there are still alot of people who use 800*600..
- pointless logo
- the enterpage should show what the rest of the site is all about.. not just enter in english and enter in japanese signs (they dont actually spell enter btw)
- worst colorscheme ever
- the whole bevel&emboss thing os floating and looks teh fugly

about the logo.. its not a logo
My sentiments exactly, maybe less harsher but that's what I had in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom