Shenron & Porunga

Best answers
The suggestion:
In the early version of the game Shenron was the only dragon that can be summoned using the dragon balls and it can only grant you 1 wish, so i thought that it will be a good idea to add Porunga too (In the Namek map), and make shenron able to grant 2 wishes and 3 for porunga (thats what happens in the anime) .

One more thing when playing with others as a team i think that it will be a great idea to make them able to grant a wish from the dragon for you not for themselves. (example: you are in a team and you are fighting with buu, a member of your team summons the dragon and grants a wish for you to use). it's like what happened when goku was fighting buu on the kai's planet.

Hope you know what I mean.
note: it's up to you if you want to add new wishes.

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
The idea of 2-3 wishes is cool, but it would be way to unbalanced.. Imagine one getting 3 mil PL(or how much you can choose) in a namek map..
but the idea of giving a wish to a mate is a awesome idea ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like said, for balancing purposes, it is best to limit the amount of wishes to just 1.

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
But the giving part of the suggestions isn't totally out of the question?
I sure would love it ingame ^^

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But the giving part of the suggestions isn't totally out of the question?
I sure would love it ingame ^^
CTDB is a gamemode where 2 teams compeete in the number of wishes gotten. We will be changing the wishes to benefit the entire team, but we will not be changing that design. Only a special cahracter that will act as a collector will be able to pick up dragonballs and they can only be used inside the dragonball capture zone. The rest of the team is tasked with protecting the collector and killing the collector of the enemy team.

1 wish per activation, weather we have a different model for namek maps is still up in the air though.

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
CTDB is a gamemode where 2 teams compeete in the number of wishes gotten. We will be changing the wishes to benefit the entire team, but we will not be changing that design. Only a special cahracter that will act as a collector will be able to pick up dragonballs and they can only be used inside the dragonball capture zone. The rest of the team is tasked with protecting the collector and killing the collector of the enemy team.

1 wish per activation, weather we have a different model for namek maps is still up in the air though.
Ohh that's right ^^ I totally forgot about CTBD since I've never played it very much, but I guess that's the answer for my desire :p

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One more thing when playing with others as a team i think that it will be a great idea to make them able to grant a wish from the dragon for you not for themselves. (example: you are in a team and you are fighting with buu, a member of your team summons the dragon and grants a wish for you to use). it's like what happened when goku was fighting buu on the kai's planet.

Hope you know what I mean.
note: it's up to you if you want to add new wishes.
I don't like that idea. In CTDB instead of working as a team, it was a race to gather the 8 dragonballs to get the wish (mostly people used the PL wish) all to yourself. It'd be nice if you were able to make the wish take effect on someone else but yourself, but chances are more than half of the time people would still use the bonus on themselves. I'd prefer it if you were only able to choose one wish, but it'd be for your whole team, and instead of the person activating the dragonballs choosing the wish, it'd be a team-wide vote. Also instead of adding health restoration, brief immortality, and a powerlevel gain, the wishes could be more in depth and well thought out. I don't have any idea on what they could be, but I'm just throwing my opinion out there. :p

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
8 dragon balls O.O

Sorry but i HAD to LOL there ^^

in any case dam. You were part of the team. You should be fammiliar with the design.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh, my bad I mean 7 XD

And yeah I still think the design of CTDB is really solid. ♥

Best answers
First: I didnt mention the CTDB gamemode in my suggestion, so what made you talk about it?

Second: The 2-3 wishes is a problem for you becasue you think that the player well spend them all on a same wish. Well you should prevent that by making a wish used only once at a summon example: ( you cant use all the 2 or 3 wishes for getting more energy.) so you can use it only 1 time in a summon.

Third: i didnt say that you should make the wish benefit all the team, becasue it will be nonsense for ,let's say trunks to have him use the moon or the patora, becasue he cant be ss4 or use the patora for fusion.

what i meant was to make the teammate who summons the dragon able to grant a wish for you and not for him (not the whole team)
Hope you get the point.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First: I didnt mention the CTDB gamemode in my suggestion, so what made you talk about it?
Cause Dragonballs are only available in the CTDB game mode. If you are making ESF suggestions then familiarise yourself with ESF and not an addon. As dragonballs in any other gamemode are a bad idea since it only makes people whine and ***** about who gets the next wish. Which is probably the main reason why i never liked EVM or ECX.

Third: i didnt say that you should make the wish benefit all the team, becasue it will be nonsense for ,let's say trunks to have him use the moon or the patora, becasue he cant be ss4 or use the patora for fusion.
Same as abbove. ESF has no SSJ4 no moon and none of that GT ****. No fusions eather. Remember this is ESF not one of its addons.

what i meant was to make the teammate who summons the dragon able to grant a wish for you and not for him (not the whole team)
Hope you get the point.
I know what you ment and its unreasonable as noone would want to give up their wish. Where having a team based wish system solves that problem compleetly.

Best answers
FIRST: Well if you dont like EVM or ECX it's up to you, although i didnt ask you if you do.

SECOND: Even if ESF has no ss4,moon or fusion as you said, you should add them cuz they are really good features for the game, so you may not need to install addons (that you dont like).

And if you have reasons for not putting them then tell us and don't just say that you dont like it or something like that.(excuse of this but you are not making the game only for you to play in order to put what you like personally cuz you are making the game for all the people)

THIRD: If you want to make a team based wish system then you should prevent the use of a wish more than 1 time in a summon if you want to make them 2-3 as i suggested.

Note: Adding more wishes to the list will propably make the increase of the number of wishes more meaningful.
So you and your team should do your best in order to find new wishes that can be added.( i have about 4 more wishes that can be useful) but i want to see what will the team come up with.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FIRST: Well if you dont like EVM or ECX it's up to you, although i didnt ask you if you do.
That last sentence was only a personal note to the entire thing. I dont like the dragonball system myself and with that i was not speaking for the team. Though even if i say i dont like ECX i was partly involved in its development. More specifically the Kaioken system in ECX RC2 was made using my own design. The game is still unbalanced and having the dragonballs in standard gamemodes just ruins the entire gameplay.

SECOND: Even if ESF has no ss4,moon or fusion as you said, you should add them cuz they are really good features for the game, so you may not need to install addons (that you dont like).
I beg to differ. SSJ4 is so unbalanced in ECX that just getting it is enough for 1 person to own the entire server. The whole thing with the moon is allso to much work to be worth geting SSJ4 in the first place.

You can take the next sentence as an official statement. ESF will not integrate any kind of dragonball gathering system into gamemodes OTHER than CTDB as it was deduced bad for gameplay. ESF is a fast paced areal combat action game with a third person camera position. Not a Dragonball Z simulation.

And if you have reasons for not putting them then tell us and don't just say that you dont like it or something like that.(excuse of this but you are not making the game only for you to play in order to put what you like personally cuz you are making the game for all the people)
You can allso take this as official. We decided long ago that we will not add any characters or attacks to ESF that involve anime fillers or GT content. If it wasn't in the manga it didnt happen is the standpoint. And we will abide by that as we allways have.

Secondly we will not be making clones of allready existing characters with the example of Goku and Goten. Those characters are basically clones and as such we will not add Goten as a stand alone character. Same goes for other characters ofcourse.

THIRD: If you want to make a team based wish system then you should prevent the use of a wish more than 1 time in a summon if you want to make them 2-3 as i suggested.
The dragonballs allways were a team based system ever since they were first implemented in ESF Beta 1.0 which was more than a year before the first EVM release for ESF Beta 1.1

The goal was allways the same. First team to get X number of wishes wins the match. Similar as in team Deathmatch. First team to reach X number of kills wins. Ofcourse the mode was experimental and so everyone could grab the dragonballs along with the wishes beeing limited to the person wishing kinda made that gamemode useless. The EVM team then used that same system and allowed dragonballs to spown in Team Deathmatch. That was never officially ESFs standpoint on the gamemode and never will be as it compleetly contradicts the very fabric of what ESF is. "Fastpaced areal combat" does not mean running round going "Dont kill me" just cause someone wants to see the dragon. Meaning it slows down gameplay overall. And thats something we are trying to prevent. As such we allso removed Advanced Melee from ESF:Final and replaced it with a fast paced system thats fully based on Simple Melee.

Best answers
dragonball capture zone?????
WTF?

you mean now its like in counter strike? getting everything together at ONE special place and then kinda protect the bomb?

a second mode like CTDB aint possible or is it?
i mean i like the protector idea....i also like the idea that a whole team has a benefit but i am sure all loved that mode like it was till now.
its also much more team play when you can hide the balls where ever you like and not at one bombing place.....thats really lame

i also like the idea of selection who gets benefit.
so you could wish for heal,pl just for one guy.Or i dont know....maybe weather:p like turn weather into hell:p like on dying namek.

why you dont take fusions i still dont get......you got raven and greenberet they made it in evm and it would be sure possible to take this into esf.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but i am sure all loved that mode like it was till now.
Which is the exact reason why not a single server ran the gamemode past a few weeks after the ESF 1.0 release. [/sarcasm]

Besides you cant hide the dragonballs. They show up on your radar.

And yes the capture zones work like that. It was allready introduced in the christmass open beta in 2008. The catch is that only a single person can cary the dragonballs, which means the team must protect him as he is a non combat class.

Best answers
so he cant fight the whole time or only when he carrys the dbs?

and what for wishes will be available?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so he cant fight the whole time or only when he carrys the dbs?

and what for wishes will be available?
No idea. We have only a basic design ATM. But as allways we take suggestions XD

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Note: Adding more wishes to the list will propably make the increase of the number of wishes more meaningful.
So you and your team should do your best in order to find new wishes that can be added.( i have about 4 more wishes that can be useful) but i want to see what will the team come up with.
This is the ESF forums, ECX forums are this way ---------------------->

Seriously, if you want to suggest something for EVM, go over to the EVM: Revival forums and post a suggestion. ESF will never ever ever ever ever ever have Potara or Oozaru moons.... **** was retarded in EVM imo.

Also, no offense, but I recommend you learn more about the mod instead of the addons before posting a suggestion :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom