SFX

Best answers
Thought I'd see if there's any help or assistance required on the sound front.

I've had some experience with modifying sounds, cleaning them up etc. And create some from the ground up, more or less.
Gathered up a decent library of sounds over the years to work with and I'd like nothing more than to lend a helping hand to esf.

I've previously worked on two other mods where I've done a variety of sfx work, ranging from character movement, weapons, ambiance and the like.
I can provide some references to my previous work if you want.

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Modelling is fine. Just show us the model you've made and maybe you'll get hired.

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since Karrde is useless on the SFX front, I suppose the team could use another person for that. I'm curious what kind of sounds have you accumulated during the years.

And ignore Jason.

Best answers
I coulda sworn I read that Karrde had completed the sound effects for each character, not sure about anything else though. Don't listen to FalconFury btw he's not on the dev team.

Last edited:
Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Okay... Just saying "show us your model" and maybe you'll get hired. I forgot to put maybe on the sentence so don't be rude and neglectful.

Yet the devs are asking for modelers at the main page. I told him that modelling is fine and we do need a modeler help them so they can finally release the 1.0 version...

On MODDB. Everyone is hoping for ESF 1.0 to be released. Some of them just give up then talk trash about it and tell everyone that this mod is dead.... its still alive and I don't care how many people hated it because this mod is live.

@haters besides talking shit and making BIAS stories about developers are trying to fool you just to get your attention. Why don't you help them out. Simple, no need to downsize their development and call them a failure.

First post fixed.

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shut up, this isn't about modeling.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Falcon, nothing you said deals with the topic of this thread. He wants to help with sound effects, nothing to do with models. Also, you do not speak for the dev team so don't go around saying people will get hired for whatever reason.

hleV, play nice.

Mobius, wait for someone from the dev team to respond. As has been said before, Karrde was responsible for the SFX but current status is unknown.

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I misread. I thought he was talking about creating an object and making sounds both together. Forgive me for my misunderstandings.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sup mobius. Havent seen you round in ages. In any case i guess best way to get ahold of someone up top is to join the TS channel and just PM someone. While Karrde is the one behind the sounds, they are all in english, so if your collection maybe has other stuff that can be used then i dont see a reason for saying no. Especially since the system we have allows us to have different sounds for the same things that are poicked at random.

Best answers
Sup mobius. Havent seen you round in ages. In any case i guess best way to get ahold of someone up top is to join the TS channel and just PM someone. While Karrde is the one behind the sounds, they are all in english, so if your collection maybe has other stuff that can be used then i dont see a reason for saying no. Especially since the system we have allows us to have different sounds for the same things that are picked at random.
Hi Grega. It's been a while :)
What I have right now would mostly be more miscellaneous sounds. But I have fiddled around with Japanese voice clips, added them into the game, making them fit the animations and all that. Mostly just for my own purposes.
I could probably rip some sfx from the games as well. Although I havn't done that before, should be simple enough.

I'll go get TS and see if they're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom