Setting Up Dedicated Server

Best answers
Hey, I've been trying to set up a dedicated server for a while now, and have never been successful in creating one.

Whenever I try to create a dedicated server (click on the dedicated server check box in the pre-server create screen), and press Ok, it just closes ESF altogether, without bringing up the small HLDS window with the RCON password and stuff.

I just recently acquired a file named "hlserver4111.exe". I installed it, hoping it would fix my problem, but unfortunately I still can't make a dedicated server.

I also recently uninstalled my admin mod in hopes that it might fix the problem, but, ofcourse, it didn't.

Does anyone know how to get my dedicated server working? Is there something crucial I'm missing?! Help me please..:cry:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HLDS.exe chief. Here's an example for my shortcut.

C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hlds.exe -game ESF +map ESF_Nameks_Triangle +maxplayers 8 +condebug -noipx +localinfo mm_gamedll dlls/esf_bot.dll -heapsize 170000

Best answers
What configuration file do I put that command into? (I'm assuming it's the dedicated server .cfg...sorry for my stupidness ;P)

BTW, did you find out that command to turn my green text back to orange yet??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is a command line for a shortcut >.>

and yes, I did along time ago I was just too lazy to hit ESC and go get it while in-game before :p

con_color 255+155+50

or

con_color "255 155 50"

both work ;)

Best answers
Sorry, I don't understand where/how I put that command (shortcut??) in. Please be more specific.:p

Oh and thanks for the text colour thing.:]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Copy your current ESF shortcut, paste it into another folder, rename it to ESF HLDS, then right click it, hit properties, and edit the TARGET line.

Best answers
Thanks. Perfect Instructions. I'll do it in a few mins.:]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom