Server recommendations

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would like to hear from those out there as to what they want in a server. I can already tell you a few rules I will be having.

1. Melee is allowed. If you don't know how to use it, don't whine about it, learn how to use it.
2. Double teaming is part of the game until a tournament mode is added so you'll have to deal with that also.
3. Discs are allowed because if you can't avoid one than you don't have the right to whine about being killed by one.

All recomendations welcomed...

Best answers
No beam Spamming. i dont mind people charging up beams and shooting into a huge crowd once in awhile. But not constantly beaming every point of the map while hiding in a corner. Its cowardly.

Allow Transformations. I know its strategic to know when to transform but when its a ffa its almost impossible to find a private area and with the effects going someone will see you. And if they wanna be an ass they will attack you.

If 2 people want to duel each other , let them. I dont mean they just start fighting each other at random. But they actually say "I want to duel (persons name)" The same goes for power struggling.

These are the rules on my server. I always give people a 2-3 chances before I kick them. Or I kick them right away if they tell me off.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Forgot about transformations... Well the ability to attack someone while transforming is given I swing two ways with it. Say your krillin and someone else is trunks. They go to transform. In this situation I would side with attacking. The other person would out match you in a heart beat and by them going ssj would make it an uneven match. The ability to keep them from doing it makes sence. If your gohan though and your close to being able to go ssj let them go ssj and hopefully they will show you the same respect they showed you. I like even fights.
I agree with beam spamming being cowardly or noobish. It just kind of ruins it for someone trying to have a good melee fight. I usually go and hit all the people that are beam spamming and get like 5 people going after me in the process. Again though its part of the game. To try and get rid of this I'm going to be limiting the amount of people in my server to 6 or 8. I feel that the 20 player servers are begging to be spammed with beams...
About announcing a duel I could say something like I encourage people not to interfear and if they do everyone in the server gang up on them but besides that its too hard to enforce.

Best answers
I can enforce it pretty well because i dont have my server up 24/7
Im always present when the server is up. unless i go to the store to buy something.
But other then that Im paying attention to what is going on in the server using hlsw and watching people play in spec mode. I have a 7 person server. one is reserved for me just in case I decide to play.
I dont bother telling people to gang up. I just kick the people who repeatedly disregard the rules even after numerous warnings. You are right about the krillin thing since he is the weakest. But I mean if you pick krillin you know for a fact your gonna have the disadvantage at the start. So you cant really whine and complain about it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Slightly Off-topic:Worst admins ever on the A.D. Servers...

If you hit a guy once while he happens to have just been hit by another guy, you're banned. If you shoot a kame twice in a row, you're banned. The list of rules is huge when you join the server; it's hilarious. And the best, is if you do ANYTHING to an admin, you are gone also. (i.e. hitting them in the back, or while typing)

They're all the leftovers from Clan Ox so it's no surprise they run a server like crybabies.

Best answers
Personally I think enforced rules on a server is the wrong way to do things. I run a server most of the time (not 24/7), and just let the players set their own rules. If they want to have a duel, or no melee, or mps games, thats fine by me.
I do draw the line at flaming, teasing, etc. and I warn the people who do it. Generally they get the idea and I havent had to kick anyone for it yet.
A game server in my opinion is there for people to have fun. If you write a whole list of rules for the players to follow, it just takes that fun away.

Best answers
umm ok first thing shouldn't this go in server-chat and 2nd thing my own recomandation is "let them be there selfs let them make the rules i don't care as long as they don't damage the adminmod metamod or wateva or abuse it i don't care lol.

and about tranformations omg just let them tranform that means if you bet them you get a power increase then you can transform quiker and be more stronger

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
pffft, just do what you want unless an admin says otherwise, I'll disc you while you are transforming, beam you 10x in a row, melee, block, until I am told otherwise, and I see double teaming part of the game....proabbly that is why you have teams...

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need to stop saying where posts belong and don't belong lost soul. Your not a mod so don't act like it.
I inted to let the server be pretty open to letting players just play like you said dark trunks. I just want to come up with a base line to try and stop people from whining as soon as they get in. For instance, last night I was playing and someone was telling me it was lame for me to block. They called me a block whore because they would expend all there energy teleporting back and forth up to me so that by the time they were there I knew they wouldn't be able to teleport after hitting me. So I blocked and hit back. I just really want to host a server where people can play, have a good time, and say good fight instead of lamer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom