Self Damage Option

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you noticed in the show how characters never damage themselves with their own blasts and exposions? I think ESf should be like this, firstly because if you've charged a powerful attack and somebody teleports in your face rather than moves out of the way then you can't attack them, or if you do it'll kill you too. Whenever somebody uses a close range blast in DBZ the effect is either like <a href="http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=48654">this</a> or the explosion engulfs them both but the attacker doesn't take damage.

Examples:
-Goku fires a Super Kamehameha point blank at Broly's face in movie 8
-Vegeta fires a big bang at Meta Coola when he's practically standing on top of him
-Janemba puts a kiball on Goku's heart and detonates it while holding it and doesn't take any damage.

I know there'll be flames to this so that's why I suggest it to be a server option.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Theres already Friendly fire Option, so why not this? if it will be abused, then find a room its not. Just like friendly fire is abused,But havent yet to see complaints..

Good idea!

Best answers
my suggestion is, if there is a char right infront of you, and you fire a kamehameha, instead of exploding right infront, it should be like, shooting him back all the way. The victim will have a powerstruggle, and the user will have to put in more energy to fire him all the way back. The user can detonate it anytime he wants by right clicking.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
instead of this, there should be a BEAM WAVE system. if you search for post started by sonic boyster, he actually made a good idea on the beam wave system that would push you back instead of always detonating on contact with the character.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah. if your own beam cant hurt you, ppl will just sit there, wait for someone to get near, and then blast the ground, killing the enemy without getting a scratch. it'll be abused too much, not to mention that its cheap.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Logan289 said:
yeah. if your own beam cant hurt you, ppl will just sit there, wait for someone to get near, and then blast the ground, killing the enemy without getting a scratch. it'll be abused too much, not to mention that its cheap.
you didnt read what his link lead to... if it hits another player your immune, But if it explodes by hitting the floor, or detonate right by you without touching anyone then it will blow you to bits. With that being said, how is it abusive?

Best answers
Beams are used too much like nukes. I like Ravendust's idea, but it would have to change how beams work. Their should have a more "disintegrating" feel rather than a BOOM feel. Beams should engulf more than just.... blast/nuke.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I thought this thread sounded familiar. I like this idea alot, but if there's a block struggle then it makes the block button "q" redundant because the character does it automatically. If there is a struggle then the person defending needs to be taking constant damage whereas if you are blocking, you only take crushing damage.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if your own beam cant hurt you, ppl will just sit there, wait for someone to get near, and then blast the ground, killing the enemy without getting a scratch
It's possible, but what's also possible is that the 'victim' would notice the fact that you're surrounded in a big bright charge sprite, aiming at the ground, unmoving, waiting for them to come closer. Once they notice they can just blast away at the camper from a distance and he comes out of it worse off.

Best answers
dont know if this would make beam spamming an even bigger problem but it might work out cause you can teleport forward past the blast and being "fine as a badger" lol

Best answers
TKer these days. Why would any teleport in font you? Are comitting Kamakazi or what? How bout this the beam splits half and one gets hurt. Beams are not nukes how can you compare them the struggle thing would work too. Add them together. Like struggle first and split beam after you won.

Best answers
TKer these days. Why would any teleport in font you? Are comitting Kamakazi or what? How bout this the beam splits half and one gets hurt. Beams are not nukes how can you compare them the struggle thing would work too. Add them together. Like struggle first and split beam after you won.

Best answers
UH OH FOLKS!? Another thing I suggested in the past, but no one actually gave two ****s or a **** about it because it was suggested by none other than me.

Any****inway. I believe all types of beams should do this. Even if you have already shot the beam, the start of the beam (where you are holding it) should also be lethal. Like see if they teleport infront of you. You could pump another beam down there to hit them, or if anything jumps in the way of your beam trail they will get hit, and the beam will engulf them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everything after SuperDragonFist's post seems to be more relevant <a href="http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=48654">here.</a>

This thread is about self damage, damage caused to yourself by your own explosions, not the physics of the beam system.

Best answers
i like that idea i mean... if you can't hurt yourself you can do more right? so you don't have to be afraid of small rooms because you can't hurt yourself... besides i think you should watch each other and just destroy your enemy and maybe it'll be better if you shoot at the ground the explosion will push you away but hit the enemy... and maybe you're tired like 5 sec.
ps. it'll be great if there's an option like: damage to yourself on/off... i like it :yes:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
is it possible to put and insta gib thing or something if your power level is ridiculously high compared to the opponent but the beam doesnt blow up it just really passes through him? if you ever seen the fight with super android eighteen in db:gt when goku ran towards him with the kamehameha and blasted it in his face but it didnt really hit him it passes all around him. or at the end of the fight between gohah or cell when cell was breaking up into pieces and dissintigrating

btw i know esf doesnt go on gt stuff im just using this as an example i havent seen the z series for a while so i cant remember if he did this or not

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know what you mean, it has been suggested before that the more powerful a beam, and the closer an enemy is to it's point of origin, the more chance there is of it disintergrating them rather than exploding on impact. If it gets in then 80% of the purpose of this thread will dissapear, but until then i'm suggesting taking no damage from any explosions caused by yourself, regardless of if they hit entity, brush, sky, model etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom