Scouter improvement.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are a couple of times in battle when I lose track of my opponent visually, check the scouter and find him off to my left, unfortunately I don't have a clue as to whether or not he's above or below and end up guessing, and guessing wrong means I'm likely to die.

My suggestion is to add some kind of information on the height of your opponent relative to you.
The way I imagine it, the basic mechanics behind it wouldn't be complicated: blue would mean that they're above you, yellow would mean that they're below you, and red would mean that they're on the same height level as you.

An additional scouter mode could also be added so that players have the option of toggling off height mode.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I will bring this up at next weeks meeting.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about haveing triangles instead of squares.

Triangle facing up = higher
Triangle down = lower or same hight

Its better for gameplay if you still have to guess where the oponent is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
How about haveing triangles instead of squares.

Triangle facing up = higher
Triangle down = lower or same hight

Its better for gameplay if you still have to guess where the oponent is.
That's sounds better than what I was thinking. Having the triangles indicate height instead of colors would get rid of any initial, or lingering confusion as to what indicates up and down

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Yeah I agree with this and the arrow indications. Pain, be sure to let us know how it goes. :)

Discord Member
Best answers
I think that square would be that the enemy is at same height.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep, though that would likely only happen during advanced melee. This thread is a month old though, check the date next time to avoid bringing up dead conversations ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think for stronger characters then you, there should be a bigger square/triangle. And for weaker ones, then a smaller one. That or color then differently. Maybe have a different shape for when someone is transing. Maybe showing energy attacks as like circles would be handy too. Cause when your back is turned and you don't know that someone just shot a DB at you, it would be super handy to have it show up on the radar so it gives you a chance to react.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
I think for stronger characters then you, there should be a bigger square/triangle. And for weaker ones, then a smaller one. That or color then differently. Maybe have a different shape for when someone is transing. Maybe showing energy attacks as like circles would be handy too. Cause when your back is turned and you don't know that someone just shot a DB at you, it would be super handy to have it show up on the radar so it gives you a chance to react.
I don't think the pl of the player should change the shape of the triangles or squares. None of that other stuff is necessary either.

:yes: for SA_Gohan And Grega.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The PL already increases/decreases teh size of the square >.>

As for teh beams and transformations shown. Thats a bit to mutch info. Dont you think. There has to be some guess factor to the radar. If it tells you everything than you wouldnt need to see anything else exept the radar itself >.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom