Scientists Create Chimera

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, and since we can stab our neighbor in the back, then that means God wants us all to kill each other right? There's a big difference between what you CAN do and what you SHOULD do.

...dumbass...
Enjoy a warning for that, and take yourself off your bible pedestal while you're at it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who the hell are you to decide what should and should not be done? Just show me the Bible verse that says "thou shalt not mess with the human genome." And when you've done that, prove that the bible is the definitively source of all morality, and not just what a bunch of people felt was right a couple millenia ago.
It actually does say in the Old Testament that humans shouldn't mix 2 species together. Which is what they are doing essentially, hence why I said God's gonna be pissed

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well specifically speaking that means a human should not fornicate with an outside species

i think anyway

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm..

Its NINA!! No nina! (Fma, anyone?)

But really, dont really agree with this if its true. Anything with clones or fusing a human with an animal is kind of wierd. Image the pain that sheep might be feeling? Plus that means to make this, a human died (I think..)

Still, sounds wrong.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enjoy a warning for that, and take yourself off your bible pedestal while you're at it.
I apoligize for the "dumbass" remark, but I'm entitled to my own opinions, and my opinion is based off my faith. I'm thoroughly disgusted by how genes are spliced and abominations are created. Two headed snakes, ducks with teeth, and now sheep with human organs? We already made human cloning totally illegal, so I don't know how infusing human code into an animal isn't skirting that line.

@frsrblch: I'm not, God is. Barney just told you where. Personally, I look to the Bible as the ultimate source of knowledge on how to live because it was dictated from God's own words and teachings and because no law stated in the Bible goes against conventional reason. There's just nothing morally bad about following what the Bible states. It's all practical and fits in perfectly with the values of today's society. I'm done with this conversation because I don't want back and forth flaming. I don't understand how anyone can NOT be squeemish about toying with humanity. I could overlook the animal stuff to some extent, but it's the human factor that makes me sick. Maybe "Alien: Resurrection" rubbed me the wrong way, I dunno.

Further note, this post is NOT a retaliatory move against the mods or their judgement. I'm allowed to continue conversation in a topic after a warning is received. These are my views, take 'em or leave 'em.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can argue without flaming people, just calling someone a "dumbass" isnt the way to do it

whether your squeemish doesnt matter if your saving lives or at least keeping people from suffering on there last days

think about it, people in need of different organs can get it without shortening their sons life by 30-40 years. wouldnt that be worth it? to be honest with you id serve limbo in hell for a while to save alot of lives. i think...

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I apoligize for the "dumbass" remark, but I'm entitled to my own opinions, and my opinion is based off my faith. I'm thoroughly disgusted by how genes are spliced and abominations are created. Two headed snakes, ducks with teeth, and now sheep with human organs? We already made human cloning totally illegal, so I don't know how infusing human code into an animal isn't skirting that line.
The entitlement to your opinion does not include the right to call other users dumbass, even if their opinions do not fall in line with your own.

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Cool Sheep, but I hope they do something more useful with it in the near future.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not, God is. Barney just told you where. Personally, I look to the Bible as the ultimate source of knowledge on how to live because it was dictated from God's own words and teachings and because no law stated in the Bible goes against conventional reason. There's just nothing morally bad about following what the Bible states. It's all practical and fits in perfectly with the values of today's society. I'm done with this conversation because I don't want back and forth flaming. I don't understand how anyone can NOT be squeemish about toying with humanity. I could overlook the animal stuff to some extent, but it's the human factor that makes me sick. Maybe "Alien: Resurrection" rubbed me the wrong way, I dunno.
In Alien: Resurrection, Ripley's DNA was mixed with the Alien DNA when she was cloned by the scientists. This was unintentional since Ripley had the Queen embryo inside her at the end of Alien 3. The Queen embryo which was extracted from Ripley's clone also obtained Ripley's DNA, which is why it gave birth to the Alien/Human hybrid.

The process would involve extracting stem cells from the donor's bone marrow and injecting them into the peritoneum of a sheep's foetus. When the lamb is born, two months later, it would have a liver, heart, lungs and brain that are partly human and available for transplant.
The organs are made to be compatible for Human bodies, nothing more, nothing less. The organs of the sheep most likely still function properly, the difference is that the organs can be successfully transplanted into a Human without much rejection. The bone marrow can be extracted from a living donor, who will most likely not die in the process.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm fine with geneticists finding ways to cure diseases with these means, growing back lost organs or tissues, non-embrionic stem cell research (killing a human being is wasteful and unnecessary when you can get stem cells from the umbilical cord). I just don't see the merit in cloning goats or physically wronging and mutating animals on the way. I say it should go as far as medical research and that's that. The moment they start offering to augment the human genome so we can breathe underwater or some other way of making people "better", I'm taking to the streets.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, program on channel 4 called Animal farm all about this stuff on friday

Altering humans, I'm against. Altering animals for scientific research i have no problem with. Believe it or not, this is research, its not altering humans, there's only so much you can learn about genes without having some kind of test, its how science works, and this is just a test, beneficial in my opinion for scientific progress.

Best answers
The moment they start offering to augment the human genome so we can breathe underwater or some other way of making people "better", I'm taking to the streets.
Well while you're waving your plastic sign, the rest of us will be burning bibles in our underwater utopia.

The Bible isnt infallible, it was written by man.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Bible isnt infallible, it was written by man.
Ok guys, this is not an opportunity to spur up religious debate or discussion, J-Dude, do NOT respond to this, hold your tongue, and pretend it never happened.

End of religious discussion.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Mountain Dude: Explain to me how something burns underwater. Oh, and my pity is to ye when yeh find out some genetecist screwed up and it turns out that by "breathing" the water, you've been slowly building up C02 in your brain, and will soon inevitably choke anyway x_x

Have fun X)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm..

Its NINA!! No nina! (Fma, anyone?)

But really, dont really agree with this if its true. Anything with clones or fusing a human with an animal is kind of wierd. Image the pain that sheep might be feeling? Plus that means to make this, a human died (I think..)

Still, sounds wrong.
I ****ing love you for making a Fullmetal Alchemist reference.

It's great that we are on the way to cloning organs, because a lot of good can come if we can learn to better genetics (fix birth defects and what not..Like that movie where the genetically altered humans are seen superior to the normal ones..Forget it's name). But how long until we encroach on the borderline of immorality?

You know.

Like Fullmetal Alchemist.

Best answers
waa..... I was gonna be the one to mention FMA and Nina here..... Dangit!

Oh anyway, someone should send those scientists a DVD set of FMA.... prying into such stuff isnt really..... humane.... but thats just imo.
@ Cracker Jack... They wouldnt have really jused a live human though. just some unnamed corpse. But still thats against all morales if you know what I'm saying.

And anyway, think of FMa more. To get something, you need to give up something of equivalent value.

Best answers
@Mountain Dude: Explain to me how something burns underwater. Oh, and my pity is to ye when yeh find out some genetecist screwed up and it turns out that by "breathing" the water, you've been slowly building up C02 in your brain, and will soon inevitably choke anyway x_x

Have fun X)
First of all, there are underwater volcanoes to consider.

Secondly, if thats the price I have to pay for living in an paridise beneath the waves, so be it.

You could screw up making your sign and spell something wrong, which would be really embarrasing, atleast if I choke in New-Atlantis everyone else will be dead which would save me from having to admit I screwed up.

You're taking this too seriously.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Have fun X)
We'll put sodium in the paper. It'll burn right good.

NeLo9

N
The Island...that's all i have to say..

(PETA is going to lose their ****ing minds over this)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom