Scientists Create Chimera

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scientists have created the world's first human-sheep chimera - which has the body of a sheep and half-human organs.
The sheep have 15 per cent human cells and 85 per cent animal cells - and their evolution brings the prospect of animal organs being transplanted into humans one step closer.
Professor Esmail Zanjani, of the University of Nevada, has spent seven years and ?5million perfecting the technique, which involves injecting adult human cells into a sheep's foetus.
Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=444436&in_page_id=1770

I demand they create axe-wielding Minotaurs and send them to aid our troops in Antarctica, who are fighting desperately against Them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"This sheep, which looks like any other sheep, sounds like any other sheep, and behaves like any other sheep is indeed 15% human! However it is only in it's organs, so we can't really prove it to you, but you can't disprove it! This sheep is indeed part human! We created the first chimaera so hah!"

Lawl on scientists.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"This sheep, which looks like any other sheep, sounds like any other sheep, and behaves like any other sheep is indeed 15% human! However it is only in it's organs, so we can't really prove it to you, but you can't disprove it! This sheep is indeed part human! We created the first chimaera so hah!"

Lawl on scientists.
Pfft, by the sound of it, you probably deny the existence of the esquilax, which is a horse with the head of a rabbit....and the body of a rabbit. Truly a bizarre creature.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought this was funny:

Animal rights activists fear that if the cells get mixed together, they could end up with cellular fusion, creating a hybrid which would have the features and characteristics of both man and sheep.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
God is going to be pissed about this one...

Didn't that crazy sheep movie have a were-sheep in it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Lawl on scientists.
I don't think the "looks like a duck" test works in this situation.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
God is going to be pissed about this one...

Didn't that crazy sheep movie have a were-sheep in it?
Indeed, God will get revenge by making all humans 15% sheep.

Pretty cool accomplishment, making human organs function in a sheep doesn't sound like the easiest thing.

Best answers
... ... ...wow.. ... ...now i saw a something...

Can't wait to see what the cat people would look like. Well i saw some in anime, but wat it's going to look like in the real life ? o_O

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
... ... ...wow.. ... ...now i saw a something...

Can't wait to see what the cat people would look like. Well i saw some in anime, but wat it's going to look like in the real life ? o_O
It's not a hybrid of a species on outward appearance or behaviour, more or less just human organs working properly inside of a sheep in the hopes of later using a reverse effect, animal organs in humans for transplants and stuff.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, those scientists are gonna burn in Hell. If there's something you don't mess with, it's human genes.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
were not messing with human genes, were screwing with animal genes

but if we werent supposed to be able to do this why would we be able to (speaking from a religious standpoint). if god didnt want us to do this, he wouldnt let us.

of course im not quoting a bible or anything, thats just my opinion

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, and since we can stab our neighbor in the back, then that means God wants us all to kill each other right? There's a big difference between what you CAN do and what you SHOULD do.

...dumbass...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who the hell are you to decide what should and should not be done? Just show me the Bible verse that says "thou shalt not mess with the human genome." And when you've done that, prove that the bible is the definitively source of all morality, and not just what a bunch of people felt was right a couple millenia ago.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pffft,

when it starts speaking english, let me know.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, and since we can stab our neighbor in the back, then that means God wants us all to kill each other right? There's a big difference between what you CAN do and what you SHOULD do.

...dumbass...
you, my friend, need to chill and not get pissed off just because someone else believes something different than you do. which i believe probably makes you christian?

i dont believe in god or any kind of religion so any explanation i give is really only for YOUR benefit

so...

yeah i do believe that it could possibly mean it. from a logical standpoint you would want to introduce weapons to a newly created race so they will learn that killing each isnt a good thing. its the ultimate hands-on approach i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom