Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its alright

• it does not matter to me

• Total voters

G
-JLN- said:
Over here in England, college is different as we finish high school at 16, then go to college generally until we hit 18, but the concept is the same, more work - more freedom. Imo, extra freedom more than compensates for the extra work load you get as it lets you go through the next years how you want to, not how some teacher wants you to.

As for the bullying bastards, telling them to piss off isn't always the best idea. It can just stir up more ****, and while everyone has their pride including me, from my experience it's usually better to just put up with it and not fight back. I just realised that their opinions don't matter, and probably never will, and during my later years at high school I just didn't give a **** what anyone said about me, and in my opinion, learning to think like that is very useful.
lol, thx for the tip :)

nZ

Best answers
IN england im still in skl but in sixform , i guess its kinda like college but your doing ur a-levels for the uni you want , anyway im luvin it , on fridays i only have 1 lesson , then im off down the pub with my m8s , i cant actually w8 till im at uni .

And i dont need to wrry about any bullys in my skl , any1 try's to mess wid me id knock 'em out coz im 'ard ;D

G
yea, it must be cool being 6 former "puny year seven!!" lol, r u in year 12 or 13? my bro is in 13, but hes not doing so well and needs to take is maths AS levels again(failed), + hes kinda lazy and misees out alot of days of school, he never works very hard, says he'll get a job but never does.

and for americans/other contries that dont have 6 form (does america have a equivilant ot it? i dunno) its when youstay in the school that you did high school in for another 2 years, its alot like collage (very few lessons) you have a different uniform to the rest of the school, and no1 wants to messs with the six formers its also the year you do A/AS levels, and i think its required to go to collage or university. americans proly have a equivilant to it is guess, but i dont know much about american school besides they cool it "high school" and have "grades" instead of "years" also that ythey dont need uniform (all them child years of american and japaneese TV lol)

Best answers
I hate school in every possible way there is.

As for the being bullied, 4 years of it can teach you who to quickly avoid. 3th to 7th grade ( Im at 7 th grade) of 2-4 guys, phiscally stronger then me, beating the hell outta me every day in school. Now that can ruin your week.
That's it for the part about the classmates.

Now comes the rest.
Think of computer class with no computers, science class which tells wrong things, a math teacher that's as wrong as it gets, langauge teacher miss-spelling.

Not to mention the area of learning. No football field but football matches, tiny location to walk in the ( 5minutes) breaks between classes, and in the hotest days, the cooling system fails. For 5+ months.

And some things I like about school.
Laughing at the teachers, getting back sleeping hours I wasted at making homework, cracking up when the school starts singing ( its actually the teachers, the stundets resist it), and meeting old friends.

that's my school, and I will exchange it for anything. Even a frog.

Best answers
scool for depends on what you like-
in high school it was all math for me, but i really suck at math, i liked chemestry but i wasn't too good at it either, i liked biology, and i wasn't reallt bad, i hated history but i was good at it.

now i'm in college, i study what i like: Graphic Design, i really, REALLY hated first semester, i was in 8 subjects....ONE OF THEM WAS MATH!, and there was only ONE related to Graphic Desing (called theory of design and shapes). The rest were like "social Development" and EVEN phisical education!. I'm in 4th semester now and its all better, last semester i even was the teacher's pet in the subject "Desing Shop". I was always the first to give the teacher the projects and designs XD, that teacher was is so cool, he liked the beattles and star wars. one of the projects was to make a disc cover for the beattles single "imagine". So i can say i like school now, the bad part is waking up early and going there :laff: .

School is pretty much necessary if you want to do something with your life, high school is crap because you get to do stuff you don't like to do and stuff you like to do. I didn't have to go through the whole social crap you go through because things here are not like in the usa or England :]

Best answers
To reply to fortnox, I am a senior in my high school(about to turn 18) .

You first start out in elementary(like a beginner school) and go through 5 years of that. Some schools are different but down in florida the schools go like this:

Elementary ( age 6-10, grades Kindergarden(entry), then levels 1-5.)

Then when you 'graduate' from elementary, you head to junior high or middle school.

Middle School(age 11-14,15 ; grades 6-8 or 9 in some states)

Then your ready for high school.

High School(age 15-18 usually; grades 9-12, 12 being a senior.)

Senior year of high school is regarded among many here in my state as a 'golden' year. You have homecoming, prom, senior activities. It's like the celebration year to leave school. BUT, if you are going to uni, then you basically have to do tests, get ready to get accepted into colleges and whatnot.

When you graduate from High School you head to Uni which have 2-year diplomas, 4-year, 6-year, 8-year etc..

Best answers
Meh, I went back to school yesterday. Better than I expected. Being a second year at college feels exactly the same as being in my first year, except I now get the benefit of checking out all the new first year girls :) Plus I took media studies, and throughout the course I get to study The Office, The Simpsons, lots of action adventure films, I get to make the first 3 mins of a thriller movie and I get to do research on video games, can you really think of a better course?

Best answers
i used to be in the "love school" section. then i got bored and was in the "hate school" category. now its ok with me... for the most part.

the only thing thats bad is how when you graduate, you get to go to more school... HOORAY!

G
thx 4 the explinaiton TimTheEnchantor :) hehe, aasaf is in elementry ^^
do the teachers respect u in collage or university or what ever? dunno bout u, but all my teachers (exept for about 2 maybe 3) dont have any respect for students, but it sposed to get btr, yes?

Best answers
Most of my teachers at college respect me, because I respect them. Treat them like *******s and they'll likely do the same as you'd expect anyone to do.

nZ

Best answers
Nah , in my skl , they're all anti-social( teachers tht is) , u cant hav a decent convo wid them , but they teach well so thts all i care.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like being with my friends, that's what i like about school, everything else asociated with school sucks...

G
cold steel said:
I like being with my friends, that's what i like about school, everything else asociated with school sucks...
hit teh nail on the head. ow!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hwoarang said:
I don't hate school for what it actually is... a place to learn and better yourself. It's the social stereotypes (influenced by the media and advertisements) that make me cringe. The whole your a goth, punk, skater, prep, jock, geek, or a dork basis is extremely useless and only alienates people from each other.
I totally agree.

Also, I hate the particular school/college I'm in at the moment >_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom