Scariest movie you have ever seen...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
^ Agreed, too many modern day 'horror' movies are either perfect-bodied teens (Paris Hilton in the House of Wax remake) running, screaming and getting slashed with a Scooby Doo style ending, or general big budget hollywood no-brainer horse**** with a heavy metal soundtrack.

A good horror movie needs atmosphere, tension, good writing and actors who can pull it off. There haven't been many horror 'instant classics' recently, which is a real shame.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The movie "It" scared the crap out of me when I was 5 or 6. I still hate clowns cause of that movie. Luckily, I know that clowns are powerless against mimes. That thought alone helps me sleep well at night.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I second John Carpenter's the Thing (1983), that movie was a study in paranoia . . . and gross stuff that eats you.

Best answers
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, I was scared from the beginning when I heard it was 3 hours long :laff:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Barney's Soul said:
I was scared from the beginning when I heard it was 3 hours long :laff:
yeh and with breakes.. so the movie will take even longer...
this movie isnt realyl scary.

Best answers
Tryforce said:
yeh and with breakes.. so the movie will take even longer...
this movie isnt realyl scary.
What are you talking about? Harry Potter is now amongst classics in horror movies.
Harry Potter is scary, everybody knows that.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe because the exorcist is like....30 years old and nobody watched it? Not sure but could be the reason :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you want a movie thatll scare the crap out of them go for IT or The Thing, those always seem to get awesome reactions out of girls

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd have to go with Poltergeist (sp?) I was like 6 or something, and for a PG-13 rated movie. I had nightmares for weeks and some nights I couldn't sleep.

(seriously for a pg-13 rated movie, you have girls being sucked into closets, and you can hear them and other things via the t.v, a tree that comes to life and grabs some kid, blood, and goo coming from something i forgot what, and clown that grabs some other person, and other stuff) it's scared me ****less :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Idk if this movie would be scary for you guys but I almost pissed my pants, I looked in my cupboard before I slept for atleast a month!
Movie name:........................the... Grudge!
Those children in there freak me out!
I haven't seen the excorcist or of emily Rose, I don't want to i'd cry...(I'm only 14.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The excorcism of emily rose was rather funny to me... I wasnt scared. I was at first, but meh, the whole 'court' appeal to it made it less scary. btw, donnierisk, im 14 too. its not that scary (for me and my friends anyways).

Anyways, personally, the ring scared the living **** outta me the first time, but after i got done watching it one time, i bought the dvd (rather, my friend rented it) and we watched it and we were laughing. Scary first time, funny second :]

Best answers
well, if you were a real religious person (anyone that has a strong belief in god and satan) than any movie about exorcism and satan is scary to you, but it depends on your beliefs really.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank God I'm an Athiest?

Haha....nice one, anyways I think I might try Silence of the Lambs and IT :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scarriest movie i have watched is Gigli D;

might wanna try Chucky, It The Clown, and some good ol Alfred Hitchc0ck movies. There was one more, but i cant remember...i think it involved people getting pulled down drainholes and stuff. The Shining, The Howling, are good too.

P.S. Sorry moderators, had a valid reason for evading the swear filter >_>

Best answers
Im prolly gonna go with "Seven". The ending kicked @$$ but the dude in the apartment with all the air fresheners freaked me out.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The last time I every rmember being really really scared was when I was like 7 and watched one of the Freddy Kruger movies.

House of Wax was pretty cool to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom