Said before, say again. cvar for no flying.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KyLiK said:
This is stupid, in the show when people are "swooping on the ground" there's a reason why they are still a few feet off the ground, cause they're flying. It's the same in ESF, stand on the ground, aim straight, and swoop. Wow, swooping on the ground. And Smith if you want to run really fast on the ground, don't fly, and turn on turbo! Hmmmm, running fast.
Goku knew how to fly in DragonBall? I didn't know that... :/ He didn't learn to fly until DBZ, and yet he still "air charged" enemys on the ground. ;P

I don't see why you guys are against this, it's a good idea if you think about it combinded with the new melee, even though I'm not 100% on it, the new melee might work perfectly with this.

Best answers
Look, whatever they're doing, it's at least near the ground, and whatever you wanna nitpick, it would add a new dimension to the game, one that's kind of silly not to have.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no its kind of silly to have because half of esf doesnt work on the ground

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-.- Well try it once, cant be that hard to disable flying, let the team try it on the inteam.

Best answers
...What the hell, do I speak another English? The point is to make ESF work on the ground.

I don't know, maybe I'm partial to the ground, I live most my life on it, but it doesn't quite make sense as it stands.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if u dont want flying so much just dont hit the fly key and make a server and say no flying or banning

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki... whats wrong with just trying this, I listened to the radio thing, they said that they are trying many things in the beta, so why not try this. its not going to kill you to try it. :/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
because it wouldnt play well at all

if there was no flying at all swooping and melee would be just cheesey and beams wouldnt work unless u did an uber small one

esf is pritty dependant on flying so not having flying would make alot of the stuff in esf useless or so amazingly cheap wouldnt even be funny

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sierra Sonic said:
In dragonball they launched at each other a lot, and they went far, so it looks like they flew.
this was post number 18 ... post number 17 was almost 2 months ago ...
please don't revive dead threads, Sierra Sonic ... you're a senior forum member ... but there're still rules

[on]
I dislike the idea, because the maps are huge and especially made for flying ... it would be annoying to jump for every beam, because shooting over the ground it very difficult
the DB respawn points would have to be changed to reachable places

I would suggest to make flying burns out more KI than currently ... but not turn it of

Best answers
...I don't get it, maybe I really am speaking the wrong English. I didn't say turn flying off, rip it out or whatever. Suggesting a server switch to turn off flying without any adjustments for it would be just stupid, and I wouldn't know why anyone would think I meant just that if I hadn't seen other people post ideas just as dumb if not dumber.

I just suggested make a cvar for no flying. A variable. An option. Like plcatchup, true teams, etc. Not required, just... an option.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

For such an option to be worth it by any means, you would have to add compatibility for ground fighting. I thought this was obvious, yet people didn't pick up what I was laying down. Regardless, melee would not be tough; just add a ground swoop and the rest is already there. With a little tweaking you could make ground swooping like dashing in megaman X -- I know many people would love that.
Blasts, as they stand, detonate if you fire them on the ground. Maybe because models were shrunk (Remember?). Maybe their collision radius is too big, allowing people to hit others and PS easier, but crippling blasting anywhere near land. Maybe it should be lowered for land could be changed while the ability to hit people stays the same -- I don't think people want to have to aim harder to hit people a mile away. But I don't know if that can be done.

People who get it like it, saying it'd add a new dimension to the game.

People who don't get it get angry, thinking I'm saying flying should be ripped out and people should just stand there charging big bang attacks that detonate in their faces all day, and walking up to each other to melee. ...Please, people.

Ground swooping and blast support being potentially neat features are only half the reason I vouch for them. The other half is because I feel stupid NOT being able to do them.

Yes, I can swoop over the ground if I start flying already, but if it could be done without flying, And blasts weren't... crazy, then you could play a game without flying at all.

...Bottom line is, fighting via flying and fighting without it both have perks, and I just can't think of a reason why anyone would wanna miss out on half of that.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm with hibiki on this one, the cvar seems useless. If you don't want to fly unbind your fly button -_-.
But really, I don't want to code a ground swoop, and I don't really care for the idea either. If it makes you feel any better we could bring it up in the next team meeting, but if either of the coders dont want to do it, it's not happening.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You think air fighting is boring! I wonder what will happen when you can only walk on the ground :shocked: !

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<GeVeR> said:
I like it becuse its geting boring fight on the air only!
bind f ""
And bam, you don't fly ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
which is why u make ur own server and say no flying or u get kicked

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki said:
which is why u make ur own server and say no flying or u get kicked
Which is why not many people are for the idea of putting it in :smile:

Best answers
...Hibiki... as it stands, you can't do too much on the ground, so if I were to make said server, not many people would stick around... That's why I suggested make people not crippled on the ground... that's all... just support to do stuff on the ground too, not cut out flying, not disable it. That way people would have fun. But forget it.

I see people still can't get it. I thought it was a simple concept, the type of idea that had no real reason not to go in other then the cost of coding time... but I guess not. Oh well. I can't force them to understand, or like it. I'll suggest it again in a year.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or not because we have rules about posting the same suggestion over and over and over again

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
seitzer said:
I thought it was a simple concept, the type of idea that had no real reason not to go in other then the cost of coding time...
That's the problem, we don't have that "free" coding time, we're VERY busy implementing slightly more important things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom