S.O.S.! (Not The Mod)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After playing ESF again I've decided to revise my server's most popular map -- TMS_RatsZF_Test.

So far I have added better quality chairs, a nicer coffee table, an LCD monitor for the computer (better textures as well). Also, I have made some minor tweaks and I have changed the credits room a bit (so now Opty's creds arent as big as a wall) to include a taz sig, my sig as well as a pic of taz and myself.

However, I have come to some roadblocks. First of all I need some stove top textures, modern ones that are from a flat stove (ex. Rats2).

Also, I am in need of a high quality Keyboard/Mouse model. I have made a new keyboard in the map but it doesn't look as good as a model would.

Furthurmore the outdoors needs the most revision. The terrain is pretty bad to say the least. I was going to try and use the "blended" textures from esf.wad but it wouldn't matter, the design of the terrain is just terrible. The only thing I am not skilled in is terrain design. I know the basics but nothing advanced like what DJ-Ready does.

Anyways, what I am saying is I would like some help if any you terrain mappers/object modelers have any spare time, it would be appritiated.

Also, any ideas from anyone else is appritiated. The map gets bland in some places, especially in the kitchen. Half of the kitchen is fun, the other half is boring.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Someone call for a terrain mapper/object modeler? I'll help you, if you'd like. I should be able to do most, if not all of the things you mentioned you need doing.

It'd be worth it if it's a popular map, and I don't feel I've been doing much for this community lateleh. <_<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DragonDewd to teh rescue :eek:

Since SoulStriker was a giant douche and f*cking kicked me outa HLEB, I dunno why I brought that back up. Damn grudges suck.

Anyways, yeah, just add my AIM/MSN/Whatever and we'll talk tonight.

Mainly I just want the terrain done, the rest I can do but help (from modelers and texture artists) would be appritiated.

Not to mention I need help from people who enjoy the map to tell me what I'm missing.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
More secrets. The point of ratz maps is to find secrets. I would enjoy more please. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KilledWithStyle said:
More secrets. The point of ratz maps is to find secrets. I would enjoy more please. :)

Sure, currently there are about... 6 traps, and... 3-4 secrets.

Give me some ideas.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well this isnt an idea for a secret per say, but outside there could be a small playground to mess around with (properly scaled of course) Like vatious slide tubes you can go in and out of (you MUST make one spinning and one straight, you just got to), holes in teh wood, a plastic window, and a tick tack toe game, and a covered part. You know, stuff like that. Monkey bars would be a good edition also.

Also make small rocs around the terrain, kinda like in cell games.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o_o I luffed that map. <3

I'd love to check out this new revised version once it's done. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KilledWithStyle said:
Well this isnt an idea for a secret per say, but outside there could be a small playground to mess around with (properly scaled of course) Like vatious slide tubes you can go in and out of (you MUST make one spinning and one straight, you just got to), holes in teh wood, a plastic window, and a tick tack toe game, and a covered part. You know, stuff like that. Monkey bars would be a good edition also.

So you want something like from HL2? First of all, most of those little things would be nothing more than for looks since the game is so fast paced.

Shiyojin Rommyu said:
o_o I luffed that map. <3

I'd love to check out this new revised version once it's done. I'll keep an eye on this thread.
Glad you like the map.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Umm... what do you mean nothing more than looks. Its a ratz map, the plaground would be huge. Larger than equal to your size. I mean the fact that you can fight around the play grouhd was just an idea. I thought it would be cool to dodge between the tic tac toe board then go up the slide to saftey.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KilledWithStyle said:

i agree, more detail is a lot better.
not like you wount see it, since it's pretty slow-placed.
maybe some 32-bit textures so it looks better, if esf is not that weak that it cant even take that.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, I laughed out loud when I saw my signature posted up above the bed. All I did was show Satan how I make terrain.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optional said:
Haha, I laughed out loud when I saw my signature posted up above the bed. All I did was show Satan how I make terrain.

Yeah, I know, I moved it into the credits room and made it smaller :/ *Eats Opteh*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dewd In Ћe Newd said:
Since SoulStriker was a giant douche and f*cking kicked me outa HLEB, I dunno why I brought that back up. Damn grudges suck.
Don't flame, don't evade the swear filter and don't bring up off-topic, personal grudges. You said yourself that you don't know why you brought it up, so why bother?

In light of the above, plus that fact that TwisteR's already told you once not to evade the swear filter, i'm giving you a warning :warning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom