Russia detonates new "super bomb"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
shadowcast said:
what about the people the bomb is falling at...at that point they don't even care if its nuclear or god knows what bomb
We point and laugh at them. While not getting irradiated.

What it really sounds like is that Russia's getting ready to start something, though it would likely affect their unfortunate neighbors more than us.

Best answers
SA_Gohan said:
What it really sounds like is that Russia's getting ready to start something, though it would likely affect their unfortunate neighbors more than us.
Yea, i was thinking some thing along the lines of that. If they aren't gonna start something, then they are at least preparing themselves in case if something dire starts up in the future.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well in case noone noticed. Lots of countrys are arming themselves. Its only natural for Russia to do the same. Especially if it wants to keep its place as a military superpower.

And we all know tentions with the NATO were kinda high ever since the US wanted to set up that antibalistic shield in europe.

I say we wait for 4 more years and see if the mayans were correct when they predicted that the world ends (acording to scientific recalculations of their callendar) in 2012 ^^

All in all this world has been heading for war ever since the cold war ended ^^

Instead of countrys disarming themselves they only limited the existing weapons and started developing new weapons taht were not affected by the treeties.

To be honest im more afraid of the projects that were not shown to the public. We all know each country has its dark seecrets when it comes to weapons development. And its usually those dark seecrets that come back to haunt us. Like the nuclear bomb in WW2. It was a seecret project untill it was used on Japan leveling 2 major cities to the ground.

EDIT: Another successfull political thread maby?

Best answers
Grega said:
Well in case noone noticed. Lots of countrys are arming themselves. Its only natural for Russia to do the same. Especially if it wants to keep its place as a military superpower.

And we all know tentions with the NATO were kinda high ever since the US wanted to set up that antibalistic shield in europe.

I say we wait for 4 more years and see if the mayans were correct when they predicted that the world ends (acording to scientific recalculations of their callendar) in 2012 ^^

All in all this world has been heading for war ever since the cold war ended ^^

Instead of countrys disarming themselves they only limited the existing weapons and started developing new weapons taht were not affected by the treeties.

To be honest im more afraid of the projects that were not shown to the public. We all know each country has its dark seecrets when it comes to weapons development. And its usually those dark seecrets that come back to haunt us. Like the nuclear bomb in WW2. It was a seecret project untill it was used on Japan leveling 2 major cities to the ground.
Yea i totally agree with everything you just said. I dunno if i believe in that 2012 Mayan stuff, but ive been saying it for years... this world is in a downward spiral and heading directly towards WW3. And its gonna get real ugly.

Grega said:
EDIT: Another successfull political thread maby?
Dont Jynx it!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Erm... At this point, the only reason anybody has a nuclear ordanance, is so that nobody else will use their nuclear ordanance... It's a stalemate, as nobody wants nuclear war. Except, of course, the terrorists. But Jack Bauer will pwn them every time.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seriously. The first nation to use a large-scaled nuclear weapon on another nation is retarded.

Erm...The US had an alibi for world war 2 o_o. The second one, well, that's debatable.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Russia isn't really reasserting itself as a power. It's degenerating from a semi-democratic state into a totalitarianistic government--again. I have nothing against Russia or Russians--but if you look at the actions of the current administration, you see corruption, censorship/oppression of the media and attempted blackmail of the gas lines to Europe.

I really don't see them emerging as a technological superpower--and they're certainly not an economical superpower. China is a much better bet for the latter.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hellrider said:
remember the "star war" project in 1984??
Project "Star Wars" Sending nuclear warhead equiped satelites into orbis capable of bombine any place on this planet with nucks. I think it was said that each satelite was suposed to carry 12 nucks or something like that.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hellrider said:
remember the "star war" project in 1984??
How can one forget... In a galaxy far, far away... A mere farm boy turned Jedi, taking on the entire Galactic Empire with a ragtag crew from different backgrounds and origins. Each setting out to make their own ends meet. Only to ultimate bring about the destruction of the Galactic Empire, thus freeing the universe from their tyranny. Good times...

Anyway, the "Star Wars" project is something you might not want to bring into this discussion. It probably won't be completed at any time in the near future due to the many complications with the technical aspect and the political aspect. For those who have no idea what any of us are talking about, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_Defense_Initiative

Synth is right though, a nuclear war is something no one can win. I always think of a nuclear war following a domino effect. One country fires missiles at another, that country fires missiles back in retaliation, then the other countries not involved become increasingly nervous and star launching missiles of their own out of panic. Kind of reminds me of the movie War Games.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Russia isn't really reasserting itself as a power. It's degenerating from a semi-democratic state into a totalitarianistic government--again. I have nothing against Russia or Russians--but if you look at the actions of the current administration, you see corruption, censorship/oppression of the media and attempted blackmail of the gas lines to Europe.

I really don't see them emerging as a technological superpower--and they're certainly not an economical superpower. China is a much better bet for the latter.
Yea, China is pretty scary.
Russia is getting totalitarian again, the fact that the assassinations have been going on for people speaking against them (plutonium, those homies in England, etc.) the only thing really scary about Russia is who they are allied with, and a conflict with Russia could start a 3rd World war, however, we have had many near misses almost causing world war three in the last 40 years.

Also cocks.

Best answers
Yay, lets spend half of the taxpayers money to develop more bombs that nobody expect terrorists, want to use. They could have build a few schools or spent some more money on health care. But i guess playing with expensive fireworks is a lot more fun, huh?

I have been at Wyborg once and it looked like cities like that could use some financial support and proper education. I can still remember the boys younger than myself at that time pickpocketing tourists, whole market full of stalls filled with pirated stuff, corrupted police taking bribes. I was constantly fearing somebody would mug me or something...
In my eyes, it seemed like a true horror city i would never want to live in.(Raccoon city without zombies)

And the goverment is just developing bigger bombs.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well Bush did kinda manage to get the US to beeing the most indepted country in the world due to his campagin. Hes kinda wasting more cash on military than any other country right now.

I can understand that the start of the war on terrorism. But after the start hes made moves that suggest him either beeing a war fanatic or just plainly wants something else rather than fight terrorism.

In any case. Countrys have allways spent gigantic amounts of cash on equiping themselves. Thats a good and a bad thing. Its good cause they help improve the technology for the rest of the nation/world (A lot of old military technologies or the ones that were simply not usefull were converted to civilian use. Heck even computers were initially a military thing and that developen into PCs ^^) But its bad that the weapons they develop seem more and more like videogames. Press a button and you kill ****loads of people. And on top of that you do it while sitting comfortably in your chair far away from the actuall battlefield.

Best answers
I dunno what to think about bush anymore... I mean, if any of you guys remember back when he ran for president in 2000, he stated that he felt it was stupid for the US to waste money on stabilizing countries that were shaky, like Bosnia.

But see... 3 years after he said that, he goes off and pulls this stuff with Iraq. Sounds kinda hypocritical to me =P

But whatever, thats Bush for ya.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Heh, yea, and a war on terrorism is just hilarious, it's like having a war on jealousy.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If China wants to make military advances, we can just hold Yao Ming hostage.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally think that this is a good idea. If some **** stirrs up they can use the bombs, but not **** up half the world. Of course war is ****ing bad, and it should be avoided no matter what, but just in case if it comes to that situation when a war can't be avoided, if Russia is part of it, they and their allies are gonna be on the better side of it. And I'm lucky to be in one of the countries still allied to Russia, makes me feel much safer ^^

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dan_esf_fanatic said:
I personally think that this is a good idea. If some **** stirrs up they can use the bombs, but not **** up half the world. Of course war is ****ing bad, and it should be avoided no matter what, but just in case if it comes to that situation when a war can't be avoided, if Russia is part of it, they and their allies are gonna be on the better side of it. And I'm lucky to be in one of the countries still allied to Russia, makes me feel much safer ^^
A war can allways be avoided. Be it from one side or the other. No war is necesairy and every single war till now was based on human greed or fear.

As for what you said. Dont be to sure. The weaker allies allways get struck first to make a foothold. Going after the big fish first is mostly a dumb idea. First get the suport that isnt as strong as the big fish. Then once the weaker allies are under your controll. YOu have a nice foothold in teh dor leading to the room of the main target. In other words. Get rid of the ones that can be anoying lateron first and when they are out of the way mass all strength onto the primary target.

Think WW2. The allied invasion. Instead of going the direct route VIA the shortest way to invade France. Tehy went teh longest way and caught the germans offguard. Since their main force was elswehere expecting the landing to be there. Still on the down side for the allies the Germans had a wall going along the entire nothen france beach. So if the Germans would have all their troops on the beaches where the allies landed then i doubt the allies would actuall succeed in securing those positions.

And from those positions on they invadedthe rest.

Or think of this scenario. The enemy ocupies your allies territory and starts massing troups there to start an invasion on your land. You have the bomb. Im preety sure youd throw it and anihilate a major part of your oponents army, be it your allies land or not ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
A war can allways be avoided. Be it from one side or the other. No war is necesairy and every single war till now was based on human greed or fear.

As for what you said. Dont be to sure. The weaker allies allways get struck first to make a foothold. Going after the big fish first is mostly a dumb idea. First get the suport that isnt as strong as the big fish. Then once the weaker allies are under your controll. YOu have a nice foothold in teh dor leading to the room of the main target. In other words. Get rid of the ones that can be anoying lateron first and when they are out of the way mass all strength onto the primary target.

Think WW2. The allied invasion. Instead of going the direct route VIA the shortest way to invade France. Tehy went teh longest way and caught the germans offguard. Since their main force was elswehere expecting the landing to be there. Still on the down side for the allies the Germans had a wall going along the entire nothen france beach. So if the Germans would have all their troops on the beaches where the allies landed then i doubt the allies would actuall succeed in securing those positions.

And from those positions on they invadedthe rest.

Or think of this scenario. The enemy ocupies your allies territory and starts massing troups there to start an invasion on your land. You have the bomb. Im preety sure youd throw it and anihilate a major part of your oponents army, be it your allies land or not ^^
Well simple. Threaten that if they attack your allies, you'll bomb their freaking capitol and major military bases and what not. You'll end up killing innocents either way, unless they get scared and call off the invasion. But you can't really stop a bomb once it's been launched. Aim it at a capitol, kill the president and other major leaders in the enemy country, war gets destabilized.

Bomb wars are complicated. There really isn't any type of defense against bombs. And it's very simple to begin and end it. Let's say it turns out like this: Russia vs. America (yeah, I really couldn't think of another example atm) Russians have three of these new bombs. All it takes is to bomb three major towns, let's say L.A. , New York and Washington. The country is completely destabilized. Millions dead. I don't think they'd respond with a bombing of their own. However, if America responds with nuclear bombs from some distant military base, we're all ****ed. But I doubt that insignificant allies would get involved. If they're hurling bombs at each other, they likely won't be sending foot soldiers out there, knowing that a bomb can strike at any moment. They'd be in bunkers, hurling bombs of their own.

Ah, I can't find any solid arguement here. The whole thing is pointless, and I just said a bunch of bullcrap. Well mostly. I'm gonna finish with this: Most bombs have only intimidational value (compare the number of nuclear bombs in existance to the number used)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom