Run speed

Best answers
Well, i don't know if many others noticed, but the run speed has been drastically cut down. I used to love running around and beam jumping when i'm goofing off with friends. Does anyone know if they'll be changing the speed again in the patch?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't noticed a run speed decrease. The maps are bigger--perhaps that's what you're feeling.

Best answers
There is indeed a run speed decrease, due to the shift in proportionality caused by the changing of the maps scaling. Since your runspeed is inversely proportional, as the map grows larger, your movements become smaller. :)

Best answers
If you run with turbo on, people usually have a hard enough time hitting you.

Best answers
First off, the map scaling/size has not changed. It is the exact same scale/size as it was in 1.1 and 1.0...where are you guys coming up with this stuff?

Secondly, I believe the speeds were dropped a little bit in 1.2

Thirdly, speeds will be tweaked in the not to distant future. And it probably won't be how most of the fanbase thought it would be.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love the new running w/ turbo animation by the way. It is +l33t.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[ESF]nighthawk said:
First off, the map scaling/size has not changed. It is the exact same scale/size as it was in 1.1 and 1.0...where are you guys coming up with this stuff?

Secondly, I believe the speeds were dropped a little bit in 1.2

Thirdly, speeds will be tweaked in the not to distant future. And it probably won't be how most of the fanbase thought it would be.
1.) She meant the maps that were released with 1.2 are bigger. Hence, it feels like you're moving slower.

2.) I thought that was only swooping speeds.

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
1.) She meant the maps that were released with 1.2 are bigger. Hence, it feels like you're moving slower.

2.) I thought that was only swooping speeds.
1. But they are not bigger. That's my point, they are the same size from the other beta's. Worldcraft/Hammer only allows so much space to work in; we can't change how much space WC/Hammer allows. (wish we could) Maps in Beta 1.0 used up all that WC/Hammer would allow, and that trend follows all the way to 1.2 So I don't see where everyone is making up that the maps somehow magically got bigger. If anything, they got just a little smaller since we now know that using all WC/Hammer sometimes produces errors. As for scales, as far as I know the model scaling is still at 1/4 (.25) of a regular HL model. So unless it was changed (and I know it hasn't) the scaling hasn't gotten smaller either.

2. I am unsure what speeds got changed, but I am inclined to agree with you. I remember Zero telling me speeds had decreased a little on something when I asked him, but I don't remember what he said they were on. But I think swoop speeds sounds about right. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[ESF]nighthawk said:
1. But they are not bigger. That's my point, they are the same size from the other beta's. Worldcraft/Hammer only allows so much space to work in; we can't change how much space WC/Hammer allows. (wish we could) Maps in Beta 1.0 used up all that WC/Hammer would allow, and that trend follows all the way to 1.2 So I don't see where everyone is making up that the maps somehow magically got bigger. If anything, they got just a little smaller since we now know that using all WC/Hammer sometimes produces errors. As for scales, as far as I know the model scaling is still at 1/4 (.25) of a regular HL model. So unless it was changed (and I know it hasn't) the scaling hasn't gotten smaller either.
He means the map sizes were just larger.

Look at esf_cell_day and then esf_cell_arena.
The esf_cell_arena is much larger, hence making it feel like the running has got slower.

Best answers
Jonesdaniel said:
He means the map sizes were just larger.

Look at esf_cell_day and then esf_cell_arena.
The esf_cell_arena is much larger, hence making it feel like the running has got slower.
are you sure cell day is smaller?? i would look it over again

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Theres no difference in the maps sizes, it's just that theres more open space so the maps look/feel bigger.

Best answers
Oh...i havent noticed the running speed...i never run just swoop :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom