ROFL!- MUST READ

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Booya.. The ability to make that quality is SKILL not exp =o, that quality is what they r lookin4. SKILL xD
No, they look for experience as well. If you make high quality models and have no experience to back it up, then you don't have a good chance of being hired.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol dark, but you have to keep the topic on MODELING, modeling skills vs modling Exp, not fighting =p and i mean 3D models
what i said refers alot to modelling.

in modelling you need experience to tell how to work out of problems or increase efficiency. im no modeller but im guessing there are problems with animations crossing too much and warping the model? by figuring out how to solve the problem (whichever way it may be) you gain valuable experience to do it again next time, even better.

if i were to be completely honest and just get off my love for arguing, through experience you develop different skills. skill is not being able to do something good, its being able to reproduce a certain task. in video games and building crap, various skills combine together to produce a way of doing things.

Best answers
Lol, 10 years...spending everyday of those 10 years modeling. Haha. How about that?

But like MC said, they don't look at Skill when looking for employees. They'd first look at the experience.

Dude, you should've turned this to a poll if you really wanted an answer.

-Guzzie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, 10 years...spending everyday of those 10 years modeling. Haha. How about that?

But like MC said, they don't look at Skill when looking for employees. They'd first look at the experience.

-Guzzie
Seconded.

Anyway...your portofolio will probably represent most of you experience since it will have your past projects,models,etc.

Best answers
Skill can be obtained through hard experience too you know.

After years and years of practicing you master something that no normal person can do?? I'd consider that skill.

-Guzzie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

-Guzzie
You won't become good at something just because you do it every day for 10 years.
Some people are just not talented in certain areas. I have PE for 13 years now, and I still suck balls at any sports.
Yea 13 years, that's almost as long as you lived.

IMO you can't really say exp>skill or vice versa. They depend on each other. If you don't have any skill and absolutely no talent in a certain area, you won't make vlauable experiences.
If you don't have any experience you can only rely on your talent or your ability to adapt. Skill is the ability to figure how something works and to use that knowledge.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lemme make this stuff clear:

No expierience, no skill.

Expierience is in Anyway near art, if coloring, if drawing with a pencil, if just fooling around, while that you're gaining a skill.

the matter is that you can "improve" your skills.

so its been said many times: Exp. = Skill
with no expierience you cant get any skills
with no skills you wouldnt have had any expierience.

when someone draws something it means he is skilled allready.

Now your point is:
-I see someone who has joined my team, he is pretty skilled!
-> yeh but he doesnt have much expierience at this job.
-> he can get teached to those small things wich he needs now.

-I see someone who has joined my team, he has alot of expierience!
->yeh he knows alot! he probably doesnt make things wrong anymore.
-> true, though he still lacks at some improved skills

so if you ask like this : Skills > Exp.

expierience would own in only one way, only if you having a job at a special category or with a special application. so you can work faster and better withouth making many or any Wrongs.

example:
If i would search for a job..... i would be accepted, though i would need soem time to get used to the 3dsm application because i dont know alot in it.
thats why people search for people who have expierience in those applications/engines.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lion and I continued the intriguing conversation:

Damjan Bujandric: so skill
Damjan Bujandric: or exp
Damjan Bujandric: hmm
Damjan Bujandric: you need exp for skill
Damjan Bujandric: and without skill
Damjan Bujandric: exp is nothing
Damjan Bujandric: there
Damjan Bujandric: solved in three rows
Damjan Bujandric: you needed all night >_>
Damjan Bujandric: xD
LionHeart: exp>skill
Damjan Bujandric: exp=skill
Damjan Bujandric: exp is the raw form of skill
Damjan Bujandric: your skill is proportional to your exp
Damjan Bujandric: and your talent
LionHeart: dan is the raw form of tiger
Damjan Bujandric: lol
Damjan Bujandric: bish >_>
Damjan Bujandric: you are the raw form of ginger >_>
LionHeart: now lemee go watch one piece
Damjan Bujandric: lol

But it's far less hilarious than the original xD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Quite frankly, I found the entire conversation to be idiotic, and not funny in the least. Nor can I see how anybody else found it to be funny. I won't say any more than that, as it would get me a warning. But wow... Just wow...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Quite frankly, I found the entire conversation to be idiotic, and not funny in the least. Nor can I see how anybody else found it to be funny. I won't say any more than that, as it would get me a warning. But wow... Just wow...
Well, uve gotta put yourself in one's position to see the humor.. plus uve gotta be willing to think about it before dismissing it..

this whole thread is for entertainment purposes, its not really a serious arguement, just a debate.

and i still say that skill > exp , cuz although you need SOME exp to get skill, the ENTIRE reason you gain some exp is go GET Skill, Skill being the Next Step UP from exp. Its like a job... somewhat, you job = exp, money = skill. Someone people are born rich, but some arent =o but everyones main goal is to obtain money =o, and when u have enough money it becomes far more important then a job =o. But letz say u lose the money after years of keeping that job.. wasted yrs on the job x_x

Best answers
I won't lie, I didn't find it funny...it was kind of a chore to read that conversation. However, I think the arguement is pointless, as skill > experience.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In my opinion skill > experience.

Example:

You can have 10 years of experience and still no skill = not get the job.
You can have 1 year of experience and a lot of skill = get the job.

While experience is the base for skill. Its not the only base. Talent is also an important base aswell as the ability of your brain to understand the workings of the thing you are doing.

Creativity also plays a big role in that.

While more experience does mean more skill when comparing 1 person with himself. It doesnt necesairily mean the same when comparing 2 totaly difrent people. Someone can have more skill with less experience than teh other person. So the one with more skill would win. Not the person with more experience.

basically put. Skill = result and result = important. Its allways the result thats important. Not the path to the result. Just look at programing. You can have the correct path to making an A+ program. But it still wont work jsut because you forgot to add that ; at the end of one line in your program. 99.99% of the program is totally correct. But it still wont work just because of that 0.01%

Now if that didnt screw round with your brains ask a philosopher to explain it to you and that certanly will give you a headache XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom