Rock Lee??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
think about this one for a second

everyone calls him rock lee and thats how his name has been written but is that really what his name would be?

in japan u say the last name first and this is shown with uchiha sasuke and uzumaki naruto and so on and as we know thoes are the last names that are said first

so then wouldnt his name be lee rock in english ;/

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
His last name is Rock, his first is Lee.

In the English way of writing it would be "Lee Rock."

Answer your question? :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no the real question would be why does everyone use the wrong way to say it

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um, who is everyone? He introduces himself as "Rock Lee," and they call him Lee-kun. It's not in contradiction with the japanese way of writing names.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you know how when you fill out a form with "last name, first name, middle initial"? maybe it's like that, but at all times. Maybe its Rock, Lee; and Uchiha, Sasuke. "Comma stating where their last name ends." Dunno, jsut a suggestion.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Um, who is everyone? He introduces himself as "Rock Lee," and they call him Lee-kun. It's not in contradiction with the japanese way of writing names.

It's in contradiction with the English pronunciation of names. They call him Rock Lee in America because it just sounds better, as Super Vegito noted.

Best answers
why would we say lee rock,
we dont say naruto uzimaki eather :rolleyes:

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think I've ever used Lee's full name. I always just refer to him as Lee, or fuzzy eyebrows :rolleyes:

I'll have to change my forum name to Trunks_Evil

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you say Gokou Son?

Retired
Best answers
never thought of it like that, interesting though why they say it the other way around. any japanese guy has the answer? the completely in-depth answer? :)

Best answers
Rock lee sounds much better than Lee Rock, also considering that his character is sorta based on Bruce Lee, it makes a lot more sense for him to be called Rock lee, rather than Lee rock

Best answers
well like alea said...the japanese have last name first....so its in accordance there...and someone else also had a good point that we dont say naruto uzimeki (spelled wrong i know) if we say his last name at all...and the reason we dont say goku son...is because son isnt part of his name...son is like saying mr. or mrs. here...its a title as far as i understand hehe

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since there seems to be some confusion..

In Japanese, you say the last name first, then the first.
So if your name is "Mark Smith," in Japanese it is "Smith Mark."

Rock Lee's name in Japanese is "Rock Lee,"
meaning his name in English is "Lee Rock."

First name Lee, Last name Rock.

Goku's first name is Goku, last name Son. "Son Goku." You don't say "Goku Son!"

Best answers
i think what hibiki is trying to say is that the name "Rock Lee" sounds like its in the right order. BUT, if you take it as they say it in the show, then his english/forward name would be Lee Rock. So thats what the "Rock Lee?? " is for.

in other words it already sounds normal for him to be named "Rock Lee", but his "real" name is "Lee Rock".

I think...
sometimes...

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, his "real" name is Rock Lee, with the first name, said last, as it is in Japanese. He's not an American, nor is he in America. :p

Best answers
of course his real name is Rock Lee. But when you speak english you write the "first" name first and the surname/family name last. So to us his "real" name(NOTICE THE QUOTES) is Lee Rock.

oh yeah, and :p

Retired
Best answers
yeah but what I was wondering is, why is it that they do it?

why not do it like the western people are doing.

Best answers
I was wondering if it makes a bloody difference. Just like you dont' go around calling Sasuke "Uchiha" or you don't call Naruto "Uzumaki"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom