Revive the 1.1 targeting system.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it would be easier to keep track of who youre fighting if the 1.0-1.1 targeting system was brought back. I as well as others like to finish whatever fight they started. And if youre on a big server, its hard to tell you were fighting last.
It would work the same way as it did in 1.1. You hold attack1 on the enemy for about 2 seconds to lock on. Thats it. Even if youre not locked on, you can still melee/adv melee them like it is now.
Maybe it can be done some other way, but I think some kind of targeting system would be nice. Dunno about you guys. :]

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd say bring it back and make it optional, give left click in melee a purpose again outside of advanced melee. You can hit somebody without it, but you can target them to keep your place if you choose.

Best answers
I dont think its necessary.....right now a player is rewarded if he has good movement and can avoid a player....i think adding the lock on could hurt that.

Best answers
Umm, you can keep track of your opponent by simply looking at them, but I wouldnt mind as long as it was optional.

Best answers
I say no to lock on, its nice to be able to hide from people who completely over power you and get away from them. Lock on is bad in my opinion.

Best answers
make it so that you can check a box in the customization window....so that evryone can choose for himself

(not sure if ya meant this Sonic...but i thought i'd say it)

Best answers
I personally think it would be better to be able to target.

Targeting doesn't have to mean that you can only attack that specific person but it does help you to recognize your enemy.

Example: You want to fight player A (playing with goku), he teleports up close to player B (also goku) then it would be hella hard to know wich one you were fighting :S to prevent that the targeting system could be helpfull.

In this situation it doesn't mean that you can't attack player B

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only thing I can think of, is a client side CVAR to put the old target sprite over an enemy you just hit. It would have NO other relevent effect on controls or damage or PL gained or anything; it would just be there so you could see who you hit.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
The only thing I can think of, is a client side CVAR to put the old target sprite over an enemy you just hit. It would have NO other relevent effect on controls or damage or PL gained or anything; it would just be there so you could see who you hit.
I think thats the best solution thats been mentioned so far

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It should be reimplemented (sp?)

The people in the series could find a enemy by relocking onto thier energy signiture. So, lookcing should be used.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you don't want to loose track of who you're fighting, then set the character limit cvar to "1"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom